• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have to wonder if places like Menards do this after consultation with their lawyers and insurance. Curious about when the tidal wave of covid personal injury lawsuits comes and where it will hit the hardest.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I have to wonder if places like Menards do this after consultation with their lawyers and insurance. Curious about when the tidal wave of covid personal injury lawsuits comes and where it will hit the hardest.

From a few employees of Menards I know they did this so they didn't have to count people at the door and limit customer count inside the store. All about the benjamins.

Come on Leadeye...always follow the money

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    From a few employees of Menards I know they did this so they didn't have to count people at the door and limit customer count inside the store. All about the benjamins.

Come on Leadeye...always follow the money

Apparently, unlike Menards and Home Depot, Lowe’s doesn’t care. No masks required, no customer counting there.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

There is not going to be any tidal wave of Coronavirus lawsuits, because it is virtually impossible to prove where someone contracted the virus.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    mt2RQAp.jpg

In her defense (and I hate to defend her), she posted on her Twitter that her mask has a carbon filter. I guess they make them with a pocket for a filter. May even be better than a regular cloth/dust mask.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    There is not going to be any tidal wave of Coronavirus lawsuits, because it is virtually impossible to prove where someone contracted the virus.

One of my wife's coworkers got it. My wife works at a local hospital, the hospital denied the coronavirus leave because the nurse couldn't verify she got it at work since someone else in her house got it. She was off for two weeks and who knows if she had that much pto time available. If she didn't have it available, she could "borrow" it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Why would you take the time to make something that's not effective?

Masks filter down to .3 micron and coronavirus is .125 micron..

I've always said these cloth masks and crocheted masks are as effective as a condom with a bunch of holes in it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

As Paul Harrell likes to say..."You be the judge."

mask.gif

https://www.lavision.de/en/news/2020/4302/

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That is using a industrial or medical grade mask. Those filter some. Do that with a cloth mask then report back. Cloth or fabric mask is what the officials want us regular folk to use.

I didn't see anything saying that a "medical grade" mask is being used. There's no valve component, so it doesn't look like an N95.

Here's a simple experiment. Fold a Kleenex over twice and put it over your mouth. Light a match and see if you can blow it out through the Kleenex.

It should be pretty obvious to anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together that restricting outward air flow will reduce the trajectory and amount of virus spread.

Of course, I'm talking about protecting other people when I talk about outward airflow. Obviously the mask is going to be of limited use if you walk through a cloud of Corona in aisle 5. That's why you combine a mask with social distancing to maximize protection for yourself. The mask is to protect other people. Which I'm sure sounds a lot like communism to some freedumb lovin' "patriots."

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can't believe people are still arguing about masks. From what I've seen, nobody has changed their mind from the beginning of the debate. Can we just agree to disagree and move on to a different subject maybe? Or not. :dunno:

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    In her defense (and I hate to defend her), she posted on her Twitter that her mask has a carbon filter. I guess they make them with a pocket for a filter. May even be better than a regular cloth/dust mask.
    There is no filter. You can see skin through the mask.

She said that to try and justify it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I can't believe people are still arguing about masks. From what I've seen, nobody has changed their mind from the beginning of the debate. Can we just agree to disagree and move on to a different subject maybe? Or not. :dunno:

Well...it is the Coronavirus thread. We've already got a thread that went from IMPD officers being arrested to the lack of Korean food in Indianapolis. At least masks are on topic here.

But hey, bacon sure is good, isn't it?

:):

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I didn't see anything saying that a "medical grade" mask is being used. There's no valve component, so it doesn't look like an N95.

Here's a simple experiment. Fold a Kleenex over twice and put it over your mouth. Light a match and see if you can blow it out through the Kleenex.

It should be pretty obvious to anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together that restricting outward air flow will reduce the trajectory and amount of virus spread.

Of course, I'm talking about protecting other people when I talk about outward airflow. Obviously the mask is going to be of limited use if you walk through a cloud of Corona in aisle 5. That's why you combine a mask with social distancing to maximize protection for yourself. The mask is to protect other people. Which I'm sure sounds a lot like communism to some freedumb lovin' "patriots."

Anyone with two brain cells would not put a lit match next to a Kleenex on their face.

Just sayin....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom