• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    If that is true that implies the chinese virus spreads mainly by airborne transmission - since kids are fantastic at spreading surface contamination.

I've seen a couple of reports recently that lead me to the same conclusion- mainly, but not absolutely.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    So where were these 150 cases?

"This is something we're starting to see around the world, especially in New York City, which has reported greater than 150 cases in the United Kingdom, and now multiple states here in the United States,"

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Skipped the last 5 pages, mostly because I got some great news yesterday late in the evening.

My friend & shooting buddy who had been battling the Chinese flu was taken off the vent last weekend, and was released yesterday to a rehab facility in Louisville from Clark Memorial In Clarksville, IN

He suffered a mild stroke while sedated and on the vent, as of right now it looks like a very mild one. Rehab will take some time. he was on a vent for 40+ days. I've been extremely worried for him. He was there for me when I lost my Step Father, my mother and Father, and was a big reason for keeping me mentally uplifted when I lost my wife coming up on 3 years ago. Not to mention he was constantly pushing me to get me moving post mini stroke 2.5 years ago. Now it's my turn to be there for him, his wife and brother-in-law who is 65 and takes care of because he has down's.

This virus has touched all, some more than others and people need to realize that they are above ground, rather than pushing daisy's, (he had no prior health issues other than allergies before this). So we can't say this only affects people who have prior issues and elderly, he was 57 and fit.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Skipped the last 5 pages, mostly because I got some great news yesterday late in the evening.

My friend & shooting buddy who had been battling the Chinese flu was taken off the vent last weekend, and was released yesterday to a rehab facility in Louisville from Clark Memorial In Clarksville, IN

He suffered a mild stroke while sedated and on the vent, as of right now it looks like a very mild one. Rehab will take some time. he was on a vent for 40+ days. I've been extremely worried for him. He was there for me when I lost my Step Father, my mother and Father, and was a big reason for keeping me mentally uplifted when I lost my wife coming up on 3 years ago. Not to mention he was constantly pushing me to get me moving post mini stroke 2.5 years ago. Now it's my turn to be there for him, his wife and brother-in-law who is 65 and takes care of because he has down's.

This virus has touched all, some more than others and people need to realize that they are above ground, rather than pushing daisy's, (he had no prior health issues other than allergies before this). So we can't say this only affects people who have prior issues and elderly, he was 57 and fit.

That's great news! :yesway::yesway:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It is now Friday, just after 1700 hours. I got tested on Monday around Noon. I was told 48 - 72 hours for results. That seemed reasonable.

Still no results...

I don't mind it taking longer (well, not much anyway) but I just wish they would have said, "Up to a week."

Regards,

Doug

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

That is great to hear he is recovering!

He has some very good people on his side!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Interesting... H.R. 6666 - the T.R.A.C.E. act... :tinfoil:

[h=1]H.R.6666 - COVID-19 Testing, Reaching, And Contacting Everyone (TRACE) Act[/h]https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/6666/text

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Interesting... H.R. 6666 - the T.R.A.C.E. act... :tinfoil:

[h=1]H.R.6666 - COVID-19 Testing, Reaching, And Contacting Everyone (TRACE) Act[/h]https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/6666/text

I can't help but wonder if that's intentional. If that's just the number they got based on the order it was filed, then it's too on the nose. I would think at least one of the bill's sponsors would have thought, "maybe we should pull it and wait for a different number."

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It's highly correlated to level of support for Trump. Now that doesn't mean there is a causal link of course.

It's weird that what one thinks of masks or hydroxychloroquine seems to be more closely related to political stance than scientific research.

Weird, but not surprising.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can't help but wonder if that's intentional. If that's just the number they got based on the order it was filed, then it's too on the nose. I would think at least one of the bill's sponsors would have thought, "maybe we should pull it and wait for a different number."
    WTHR was interviewing Andre Carson about it and he was saying it was just coincidence... But still... A little spooky!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Must be where Mazikeen lives.

I had to google her. Impressive resume'.

"Mazikeen, also known by her nickname Maze, is a demon from Hell who holds the form of an incredibly attractive, sexy young woman. For millennia, she worked for Lucifer as a servant, lieutenant, enforcer, assistant and right-hand woman. She is the best friend and former lover of Lucifer and formerly worked alongside him at the Lux nightclub in Los Angeles before starting a new career as a bounty hunter with the LAPD."

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

"Mazikeen, also known by her nickname Maze, is a demon from Hell who holds the form of an incredibly attractive, sexy young woman. For millennia, she worked for Lucifer as a servant, lieutenant, enforcer, assistant and right-hand woman. She is the best friend and former lover of Lucifer and formerly worked alongside him at the Lux nightclub in Los Angeles before starting a new career as a bounty hunter with the LAPD."

Yes. Very interesting character and a good TV series. Definitely a unique premise.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Plus she likes to play with knives and is very good with them. Kind of an all around gal.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Plus she likes to play with knives and is very good with them. Kind of an all around gal.

If it's not on regular cable, I don't get to see it. But I doubt I'd watch it anyhow just because it seems like a series where you need to follow it from episode to episode. I think I must be a little ADHD because I can never manage to follow a series.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom