• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If we had not been told there was a pandemic, you wouldn't have known...

https://americanannouncement.com/20...-there-was-a-pandemic-you-wouldnt-have-known/

Whether we believe that any specific measure was necessary, I think this statement is false. The article focuses on deaths only. With almost 6 million cases in the U.S. and 23 million worldwide...people would have caught on, especially when the virus spread through families and communities. It would have taken longer to notice, certainly, but people would have caught on.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    If we had not been told there was a pandemic, you wouldn't have known...

https://americanannouncement.com/20...-there-was-a-pandemic-you-wouldnt-have-known/

I think someone might have noticed... when the morgues ran out of space and they had to store the coffins (with deceased in them) in churches.

960x0.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Fauci is waiting on the science. Seems to me that is the only responsible position to be in when what you say can affect the 7 billion people on this planet.

Ready, Shoot, Aim in this circumstance is costly in terms of lives and treasure.

Bureaucratically, I agree. Morally....some folks see the implications of wrong answers on a broader scale. WHO is a different issue. I'm speaking of Fauci.

Your accusation is not something I can see as being correct. Perhaps you are, but plagues don't necessarily obey political conventions.

For someone who is 'waiting on the science' he is sure in the news a great deal expressing opinions for which he lacks the science to back it up. Fauci acts more like he is the science, and his record of being correct leaves much to be desired. The Neil de Grasse Tyson of epidemiology

“You should trust the experts!” Often called “the argument from authority,” they mean “you should blindly trust our experts, without the ability to substantively test their recommendations!” This is a fallacy of rhetoric and logic. Take it from a litigator: you could find an equally-qualified expert to contradict everything their expert is saying.In the realm of COVID19, for example, we have Anthony Fauci of the United States, and Anders Tegnell of Sweden. They each have credentials, ardent fan clubs, and completely divergent approaches to COVID19. Fauci loves lockdown; Tegnell says it’s unsustainable and hard to exit once implemented.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Reported!

LDS, huh? :)

I don't like Trump, but I don't "blame" him for any shortcomings in our response to the medical threat. I think many people expect a father figure from the presidency in times of crisis. Trump is certainly not capable of that role, but his actions/inactions aren't driving my regimens to avoid contracting this disease.

His chloroquinine position is no different to me than the doctor/s who tout that there are 6 vegetables that are destroying your insides....some people will believe it, most won't. I don't, but I'm not sick. If I was deathly ill....I dunno. Any port in a storm.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Yeah the real problem here is that we neither locked down sufficiently to knock the virus out but did lock down sufficiently to ruin the economy and working people's lives. All of the downsides of both approaches with none of the upsides of either. Sorta typical for American govt to be honest.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I for one am happy about it.

I have also had my eyes opened to just how political science has become. I thought it was just a few "bad apples". Now I see it is most of them.

You can not trust scientific papers any longer. Not when they can buy data points from a company that did not even gather it to begin with.

It really has shattered my belief that any of them follow science...especially now. Defending protesters right to assemble while still telling others to stay home and not go to work or church(signed by over 1200 scientists).

I had to much faith in the people to do the right thing and practice actual science.

By the way the WHO changed mask guidance again today(bowing to political pressure to do so). Now we should all wear cloth masks in public. Prior to the refinement today the WHO said only those sick or caring for the sick should wear a mask.

Seems the Lancet is pushing hard to make sure everyone knows science is political. This is this weeks cover and lead editorial.

https://twitter.com/TheLancet/status/1296735563375050753

[FONT=&amp]The Lancet

@TheLancet

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]On this week's cover—NEW Editorial: Trump versus Biden: a fight for the health of a nation https://hubs.ly/H0tQ8bx0

If you can read that and not think the Lancet is political I do not know what to tell you. It took them to the second paragraph to cheer Biden and the Affordable Health care act. In the first paragraph the do some virtue signalling and mention inequity driving all medical outcomes(nearly all they listed [/FONT][FONT=&amp] non-communicable diseases, especially cardiovascular diseases, cancers, neurological disorders, chronic respiratory diseases, diabetes, and chronic kidney disease have been the predominant [/FONT]causes of death and disability[FONT=&amp] in the US. High blood pressure, high body-mass index, and smoking)......[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not to worry. It's just the Gates of hell dragging the world a little closer.
    https://stm.sciencemag.org/content/11/523/eaay7162

Speaking of Bill Gates
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/b...ing-us-response-2020-08-20?mod=shawn-langlois

Bill Gates: Millions more will die in this pandemic, and ‘freedom’ hinders the disappointing U.S. response

But the U.S. is dealing with its own unique set of issues, as politics and conspiracy theories have contributed to what he said has been a disappointing response. Why? In the name of freedom.
    ‘We believe in freedom, individual freedom. We optimize for individual rights.’

China, on the other hand, “did a very good job of suppressing the virus,” thanks, in part, to the “typical, fairly authoritarian” approach and the “individual rights that were violated,” he said.

Bill Gates needs to STFU

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I read that the CDC is listing covid deaths as died with COVID not from COVID. Is this true and actually happening? If so the actual deaths from covid may be way down. I can't recall where I read it. It was on my way home from my sons wedding and I was sitting in the passenger seat trying to relax and half asleep. So can someone give me some facts on this if there are any.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I read that the CDC is listing covid deaths as died with COVID not from COVID. Is this true and actually happening? If so the actual deaths from covid may be way down. I can't recall where I read it. It was on my way home from my sons wedding and I was sitting in the passenger seat trying to relax and half asleep. So can someone give me some facts on this if there are any.

There are reams of evidence that if you die they test you. If you have anything even resembling Covid that is the cause of death and yes this is happening.

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    There are reams of evidence that if you die they test you. If you have anything even resembling Covid that is the cause of death and yes this is happening.

Yep - I had an uncle who collapsed on the floor, unconscious, while getting dressed.

What did the hospital say it was? You guessed it - Covid 19. This, despite the fact that suddenly collapsing on the floor in a non-responsive state is not in any way associated with this virus. We (the family) demanded he be tested. The test was negative.

He never regained consciousness. He died the next day, the result of a massive brain aneurysm, likely brought on by years of drug and alcohol abuse.

The hospital couldn't wait to chalk his death up to Covid. Had we not been watching, that is exactly what they would have done.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yep - I had an uncle who collapsed on the floor, unconscious, while getting dressed.

What did the hospital say it was? You guessed it - Covid 19. This, despite the fact that suddenly collapsing on the floor in a non-responsive state is not in any way associated with this virus. We (the family) demanded he be tested. The test was negative.

He never regained consciousness. He died the next day, the result of a massive brain aneurysm, likely brought on by years of drug and alcohol abuse.

The hospital couldn't wait to chalk his death up to Covid. Had we not been watching, that is exactly what they would have done.

Duh! More $$$ for the hospital if its c-virus. why r u so heartless that u denied the hospital that c-virus $$$. hospitallivematter.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010

We are so being played on the bank bug.
    I'm really tired of being played.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Was he a Medicare patient?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom