Not open for further replies.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Homemade masks without any specifications. I need to order some cheese cloth. Or just use my shemagh.

Cheesecloth is a loose-woven gauze-like carded cotton cloth used primarily in cheese making and cooking.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    This path was cleared by the city ordinances banning smoking in public places.

Too soon?

exactly. if they're going to legislate our health sue them to ban tobacco and alcohol. otherwise it's a bit capricious and absurd to force mask use and continue to profit off excise tax for bad behavior.

either ban the bans or use the logic to actually make a difference

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I was ok with occasionally wearing one in some situations.

Now that it's "mandated"?

**** that.

How does Joey know what date the wave will land in Indy?
    If we have a serious problem why wait a week before implementing the mask order?
    Marion County has HAD 11,434 cases of Covid (with 680 deaths) out of a population of 958,700. I assume most of those cases have recovered as this is a running total number of cases, not active cases.
    Marion County governance has become theater of the absurd.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I need a lone ranger mask

This one looks nice:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Leat...165637?hash=item3d6063e985:g:CFIAAOSw9uFW-D3-

s-l1600.jpg

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Well, cancelling the weekend plans with family we haven't seen since Christmas because my son may have been exposed.

My sister completed chemotherapy in February and my Mom is 80 with several heart issues.

Let my son go with another family to the beach yesterday. The father of that family is showing flu-like symptoms today. However, he is not getting tested until Monday (don't get me started).

Can't take the chance.

Sorry to hear this. I hope your son does not turn out to be infected. Still a bummer because the best outcome is still a huge inconvenience.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

From the first article: “One of the bottom lines is that we don’t know how long social distancing measures and lockdowns can be maintained without major consequences to the economy, society, and mental health,” Ioannidis wrote. "Unpredictable evolutions may ensue, including financial crisis, unrest, civil strife, war, and a meltdown of the social fabric.”

Yep, and everything he said may ensue already has with the exception of war.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My body, my choice.

The arguments of the mask mandaters that my actions might affect some blob of cells leaves me unconvinced.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    https://twitter.com/Twitter/status/1278763679421431809

why are masks the line in the sand with everyone

Because of all the contradictory info provided from the get go by the WHO, Dr. Fauchi, the CDC, etc. that they have then backtracked on. This includes initial statements that the public doesn't need masks, various contradictory comments on the value of N95 vs cloth masks and then the mind-blowing hypocrisy around BLM protests being okay while conservative protests and regular life are forbidden.

TRUST IS PUBLIC HEALTH’S MOST IMPORTANT ASSET, AND THEY SQUANDERED IT WITHOUT A THOUGHT IN THE NAME OF EXPEDIENCY:
    The Coronavirus Credibility Gap: Politicians and experts sow distrust with double standards on protests and dissembling about masks.

I lost my trust in the public health system years ago. Public health policy is the direct and primary cause of the majority of the diseases of modernity, including heart attacks, diabetes, parkinson's, adhd, obesity, etc. I prefer to do my own research on health matters and my favorite book is:
    Lies My Doctor Told Me, an excellent book about all of the misinformation that doctors unfortunately practice by and give to their patients.

Public health = Government health.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have a special disdain for drug companies doing this s**t.

Carprofen(rimadyl) was an arthritis drug developed by Roche Laboratories. Thing was, it didn't work very well, had some serious liver related side effects, and was in a crowded market. They had a ton of $$$ wrapped up in development and no market for it. They sold it Pfizer who saw a way to make bank on it; push it to vets as a cure all for any kind of joint related pain/inflammation in dogs.

It actually works pretty well for dogs, except for the ones it kills. My otherwise healthy, 3 year old lab went to the vet with a minor limp. We left with some rimadyl. In three days flat, he died from liver failure. But hey, his limp was gone.:rolleyes:

This was not an unknown side effect to Pfizer, especially in retriever breeds, but they fought tooth and nail to avoid disclosing it. To the point that when the FDA said they needed to include death as a possible side effect in their TV ads, they just pulled the ads and continued pushing it to vets as a miracle cure.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. IIRC the rate at which dogs can metabolize the drug is highly variable as such a toxic level of the drug can build up in the liver of a dog that cannot clear it efficiently. When I've had to use it, we always started with a sub-optimal dose (as far as the recommended dose goes) and an every other day dosing to see how the dog would tolerate it but I had the benefit of already being aware of the issues with it. I believe Dobermans are also a known slow matabolism risk

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The wife just had TV news turned on.
    They're cranking up on everybody having to be fear masked.

Does Indianapolis or Indiana have recall measures for politicians?

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Wear a face covering, maintain a distance from each other, no touching, get rid of police and hire "folks from the community", destroy all statutes. Turning into Sharia law right before our eyes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom