Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

source.gif

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I guess I don't follow... hydroxychloroquine itself is a zinc ionophore. Is there something else they should be saying?

Yes. They should say that they used zinc supplements as part of the treatment protocol. Pretty simple. Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat malaria and lupus where zinc isn't a part of the protocol, so the two are not automatically used together. Hydroxychloroquine without zinc supplements will help whatever zinc is in your system into your cells (ionophore) where they can help to fight viruses, but the initial claims by NYC and French doctors insisted that zinc supplements were part of the protocol to push more into the cells for antiviral treatment.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Zinc is pretty prevalent in the US diet. A supplement is fine as its water-soluble and passes out through a person's urine. Quercetin is a good alternative and I have been taking it pretty early on in all this as well.

I'm guessing if zinc was not specifically mentioned it was not part of this study.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Mask Wars - While face masks can’t hurt in the fight against Covid-19, the outrage directed against skeptics is excessive

Chris von Csefalvay is an epidemiologist specializing in bat-borne viruses. He is currently VP of Special Projects at Starschema.

...masks have become a face-borne signal of righteousness. As a virologist, I find this perplexing, considering the limited evidence in favor of masks.
    More than anything, the scientific rationale behind masks appears to be that wearing them does little harm.

Understanding of the mask issue has been considerably clouded by unreliable and badly presented evidence—especially a paper by Renyi Zhang for the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, contributed to PNAS by Mario Molina, who won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for the discovery of the effect of chlorofluorocarbons on the ozone layer. Molina and Zhang are atmospheric scientists with no background in epidemiology, virology, or the propagation of infectious diseases. Within the wider epidemiological community, their paper, which makes wild assertions about the effectiveness of masks while almost completely discounting the effect of other non-pharmacological interventions—and does so based on an unfounded comparison of Wuhan, Italy, and the United States—has drawn largely critical responses, with several noted epidemiologists calling for PNAS to withdraw it.

Here is the letter calling for retractionof the Zhang paper. It is quite a read.

https://metrics.stanford.edu/sites/g/files/sbiybj13936/f/files/pnas_loe_061820_v3.pdf

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    And yet again: Ctrl-F | zinc | Phrase not found

At least they used the hydroxychloroquine early, rather than waiting until people were admitted to the hospital or on ventilators. That is another part of the original protocol that most studies can't seem to follow.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    There's a video clip floating around of Dr. Fauci, after one of the briefings, pulling down his mask from the front/top edge, instead of the proper/hygienic removal from the backside/ear loops. If the leading infection control doctor isn't taking his mask use seriously, how in the world can the rest of us?

Does anyone have a link to something that explains the lack of legal authority to mandate masks?

I had to smile a bit--as the Mayor was declaring his mandate, he kept using the word "should". Mandates = shall. Request = should.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Time to watch the "silent majority" roll over on this one too.

**** that noise. I mandate that hogsett suck

Yeah it was me..........Had to brother. Tex would take a dim view.

But I agree he should just not mine. Nope. No way that Nancy boy half man getting that close to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    https://twitter.com/Twitter/status/1278763679421431809

why are masks the line in the sand with everyone

There's a video clip floating around of Dr. Fauci, after one of the briefings, pulling down his mask from the front/top edge, instead of the proper/hygienic removal from the backside/ear loops. If the leading infection control doctor isn't taking his mask use seriously, how in the world can the rest of us?

Does anyone have a link to something that explains the lack of legal authority to mandate masks?

I had to smile a bit--as the Mayor was declaring his mandate, he kept using the word "should". Mandates = shall. Request = should.

so when is INGO going to be doing the PEACEFUL protest at the mayor's house? Asking for a friend. ;)

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I can not agree that a mask is useless, but as your opinion, that is fine.
    That Dr Rancourt is a political activist noisy researcher with the Ontario Civil Liberties Association and as such I put zero value on the noises he makes.

It's an opinion in the same way that "the Earth is flat" is an opinion.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/4...s-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

Once again, for the millionth time, the mask is to protect others from respiratory droplets and particles, not the wearer.
    Even if all it does is lessen the amount or trajectory of exhaled particles, it is helpful.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So you are in favor of government controlling cookie dough as well?

Yes, I am in favor of laws preventing the force feeding of raw cookie dough.
    It should be my choice whether or not I want raw cookie dough in my Blizzard at DQ.

I also am in favor of just enough government control of schools so that kids know the difference between cookie dough and contagious viruses when they graduate from high school.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    It's an opinion in the same way that "the Earth is flat" is an opinion.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/4...s-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

Once again, for the millionth time, the mask is to protect others from respiratory droplets and particles, not the wearer.
    Even if all it does is lessen the amount or trajectory of exhaled particles, it is helpful.

:+1:

There's a reason that Taiwan, Korea, and Japan have fared better than the U.S. with this coronavirus.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom