• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    PLEASE read up on the useage of this product as posted by nonobaddogg: https://www.drugs.com/vet/steramine.html
    This is going to require some special handling.

Requires surfaces remain wet for 10m.
    Not to be used without gloves/eye-pro.
    Not to be used where it can contaminate food.

This is some nasty ****, that can be used responsibly.
    As with other dangerous ****, read up on how to stay alive!

Here is the manufacturer video on the use of Steramine. Looks a good bit safer and useful than bleach. No gloves needed, and actually used to sanitize food prep surfaces. This applies to this actual product and of course you have to use the recommended amount. Don't know if anyone else makes a stronger version where the special handling warnings would apply.

[video=youtube;1XRDtyxWma8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XRDtyxWma8[/video]

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The best example I have seen is forcing gun stores to close by banning all gun sales and also closing the state NICS in one case. These are unconstitutional acts by governors that hate guns.

Just looked at my NRA email and see what you're saying!
    California of course, Delaware, now open by appointment, Maine, governor closed stores, New Jersey, governor shut down background check, New Mexico, governor order police to drive by shops and tell them to close,, North Carolina Sherriff won't issue pistol purchase permits, stops individual sales as well, Pennsylvania governor tried to shut but overruled by court, and Texas almost californicated but stores still open.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Just looked at my NRA email and see what you're saying!
    California of course, Delaware, now open by appointment, Maine, governor closed stores, New Jersey, governor shut down background check, New Mexico, governor order police to drive by shops and tell them to close,, North Carolina Sherriff won't issue pistol purchase permits, stops individual sales as well, Pennsylvania governor tried to shut but overruled by court, and Texas almost californicated but stores still open.

The upside is that those folks who now want firearms for the first time are maybe gonna start listening to gun owners about 2A and learn how wrong the anti-gunners are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not trying to start a fight, just asking a simple question. What is the difference between some calling him out on certain statements he has made and you calling out Kut on one of his many post? You two have been going around and around for years, you could simply take your own advice and skip right by his post but there are times where you feel the need to call him out.

I do not post much around here, I keep to myself and read mostly. However, when I do read what I consider to be outlandish statements I may feel compelled to say something. I really do not see anything wrong with that as long as it it done in a civil way. So far I have not seen one person just unload on this member. To be honest, he was the one who, on his way out the door felt the need to swear and curse at anyone who had disagreed with him.

Yeah, Kut and I do go around and around at times. It's in the political subform. When he says something I disagree with, if I think I have something to say about the thing I think is wrong, I'll reply. But, I'm calling out the thing that I think is wrong, and it's not a personal attack. Sometimes it's blunt. And we do have a history of that. But I make my case and at some point when it's clear neither side will budge, you just let it go for now.

I don't have a problem with people thinking someone makes an outlandish statement and then makes the case why it's wrong or outlandish. I'm not sure what you mean by "unload", but throughout this thread people have taken issue to the content of his posts. At one point, people even asked him to stop being "negative". :n00b: WTF?

He's been accused of having various motivations. That's where it gets personal, especially for a thread that's really intended to share information. If you don't like the information shared, if you think it's too "negative", that's what the scroll bar is for. As far as claiming he knows more than Trump's team, I don't recall that, but this thread goes so fast, a few pages have gone by since you wrote the post I'm replying to. There's probably been another page go by just as I write this. I'm not saying he didn't say it, and to whatever extent he did, I'd just roll my eyes and keep scrolling. it's not personal.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yeah, Kut and I do go around and around at times. It's in the political subform. When he says something I disagree with, if I think I have something to say about the thing I think is wrong, I'll reply. But, I'm calling out the thing that I think is wrong, and it's not a personal attack. Sometimes it's blunt. And we do have a history of that. But I make my case and at some point when it's clear neither side will budge, you just let it go for now.

I don't have a problem with people thinking someone makes an outlandish statement and then makes the case why it's wrong or outlandish. I'm not sure what you mean by "unload", but throughout this thread people have taken issue to the content of his posts. At one point, people even asked him to stop being "negative". :n00b: WTF?

He's been accused of having various motivations. That's where it gets personal, especially for a thread that's really intended to share information. If you don't like the information shared, if you think it's too "negative", that's what the scroll bar is for. As far as claiming he knows more than Trump's team, I don't recall that, but this thread goes so fast, a few pages have gone by since you wrote the post I'm replying to. There's probably been another page go by just as I write this. I'm not saying he didn't say it, and to whatever extent he did, I'd just roll my eyes and keep scrolling. it's not personal.

Ya ya ya. Where is Kut by the way? I remember a couple weeks ago he mentioned his mom was in the hospital, and haven’t really seen him here since. Hoping she is ok, has anyone heard from him?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    To be completely honest if it hasn't been linked to or at least talked about in this thread I don't know anything about it. Watched less than 3 hours of the news in 3 months and been on FB for maybe 15 min, saw how ridiculous and lost it was a month ago and decided to not enter that fray.
    So I've heard about the essentials only sales in Howard County, heard about some places claiming they can't sell guns because some office is closed. I'll look for more.

Here's a excerpt from this article. Pretty draconian stuff in my opinion

[Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo on Thursday signed an executive order that will legally require travelers from New York to self-quarantine in Rhode Island for 14 days.

The order authorizes the Rhode Island highway patrol to pull over vehicles with New York license plates. The National Guard will also begin going door-to-door on Saturday to screen for New York visitors.]

https://dailycallernewsfoundation.o...avel-restrictions-on-new-york-and-new-jersey/

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In times of societal upheaval, a certain bacchanalian trend is inevitable, I think.

Along those lines, just an observation that the numbers continue to get worse. Which means .gov may move to greater locking down.

When localized resource scarcity hits, that locale could get rough.

And no, smokingman has not hijacked my account.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have a question for you that's been on my mind for a while, and since TDS was just brought back up...
    Does TDS (I'm reading it as Trump Derangement Syndrome) work both ways?

I don't really think the "derangement" thing is all that accurate for most people that have what we'd call TDS. "Deranged" as in like a :"deranged stalker"; someone who is so mentally unstable that they're capable of doing unscrupulous acts normal people wouldn't do, makes sense for some people. Antifa, for example. Some people in the press. Certainly the guy who shot up the Republican Congressional softball team was derranged. But not most people. I think I'd swap the 'D' word with delusional.

So yeah, I think both sides could have both. I think there are way more people who hate Trump to an extent that makes them deranged, than the other way around. But if we're talking "delusional", I think their utter dislike of Trump can be deluding, such that people are very accepting of information that makes Trump wrong, and they're very critical of information that makes Trump right, regardless of all the facts put together. The opposite can also be true. People can love Trump so much that they're very critical of information that makes Trump wrong, and very accepting of information that makes Trump right.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am not offended by anyone, I totally get the idea that individuals have different opinions, thoughts and decipher info. I get all that. It was his opinion that he knew more than the doctor based on nonstop gathering and his deciphering of information. His Mensa status allows him to see and understand much more than any one else in their chosen profession. I like Trump and get TONS of flack that is much more severe than what I posted; I am sure we all have.

One may even believe EQ is better than IQ? Regardless, I feel as a nation we are spinning. Fear, doubts, counter opinions and so on has created confusion and deceptive practices. I am not saying that was what was happening here, but I will say the doom and gloom adds to the fear. Maybe it was how it was said that concerned me. Information is valuable even when it is perceived differently. I think I'd rather see some one say they see the data differently than claiming the people we have on the virus team" are wrong and just playing politics. After all, it is a perceived opinion of data....right? When one claims they have the right answer and the other "expert" is wrong and they base it strictly on "their interpretation" and peddle it as fact; they essentially are placing themselves above the other (I'm right and they are wrong).

We all do it in some form or another. The only differnce here is I made a statement about it.

You made it a personal statement. You attacked the person instead of the points he was making. Just like the bold text above. If there's a point that needs to be debunked, make your case. Telling him he's acting like a know-it-all doesn't refute what he said. It just shows everyone else that you made this personal, including him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom