Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Lol I definitely don’t understand that one.

You never watched "I Love Lucy"? See, Lucy (Lucille Ball) was married to Desi Arnaz ("Ricky" in the tv show), and he was Cuban, and had a heavy accent. Lucy was always doing goofy stuff and Ricky would always say, "Lucy?? You got some 'splainin' to do!" Fred and Ethyl were their neighbors and Ethyl was usually involved in Lucy's highjinks. :)

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Am I understanding correctly from the link, that Indiana really only had 4 deaths yesterday after update/correction vs 55 reported by JH? Quite a difference on what gets to the llcal news for the public. If I read it wrong, then excuse my stupidity lol
    That seems to be accurate. Indiana recorded more deaths overall, but are accurately being recording/updating them on the date of death rather than the reported date.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    His argument would carry a lot more weight if any scientists were calling this disease by a geographical name. They aren't. They are calling the disease Covid-19 (or COVID-19; I see both styles regularly), and the virus itself is called SARS-CoV-2.

It would be "way stupider" to call it the Milan Virus because it didn't come from Milan? He uses that line just moments after referencing the Spanish Flu, which originated in Kansas. His fact checkers must be part of the 16 million newly unemployed.

I agree that MERS and Lyme Disease and the others are fine because racist people didn't use those as an excuse to be discriminatory, which we are seeing during the current outbreak. (I know; it's all fake news, and Jussie Smollett is not just the norm but the only possible reality. :rolleyes:)

I still haven't seen anyone give a reason why it would be better to call this "the Wuhan virus" or "the Chinese virus" than the name that is in common use by both the scientific community and journalists.

Really? The same weak 'racism' argument?

Calling it the China virus or the Wuhan virus doesn't make me want to go persecute Americans of Chinese extraction or even legal resident aliens of Chinese extraction. It doesn't even make me want to persecute the people of Wuhan or Hubei province

It does remind me and the rest of the world about whose carelessness, bungling, or worse yet evil intent has inflicted so much damage on the world in general and my country in particular. It makes me long to see those responsible hammered in every way possible until they and their system collapse. It doesn't make me racist to believe that Xi Jinping and his politburo were up to their necks in double dealing nor to hope their country is crushed financially and scientifically by a resurgent United States and they are disappeared by the same corrupt system that they engineered

Give it a rest, we come to INGO to get away from progressive bull**** and MSM talking points

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Okay, I went to urban dictionary first since figured that would be the most hip to your jive. Seems it can apply to either a male orgasm, or a particularly odd version of diarrhea. We cool now?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom