• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    His argument would carry a lot more weight if any scientists were calling this disease by a geographical name. They aren't. They are calling the disease Covid-19 (or COVID-19; I see both styles regularly), and the virus itself is called SARS-CoV-2.

It would be "way stupider" to call it the Milan Virus because it didn't come from Milan? He uses that line just moments after referencing the Spanish Flu, which originated in Kansas. His fact checkers must be part of the 16 million newly unemployed.

I agree that MERS and Lyme Disease and the others are fine because racist people didn't use those as an excuse to be discriminatory, which we are seeing during the current outbreak. (I know; it's all fake news, and Jussie Smollett is not just the norm but the only possible reality. :rolleyes:)

I still haven't seen anyone give a reason why it would be better to call this "the Wuhan virus" or "the Chinese virus" than the name that is in common use by both the scientific community and journalists.

It is not racist to call it from where it originated. Your link to NBC News about over 650 Asian's being assaulted really is not about the virus, it's just an excuse that racists will use to cause harm to a race they dislike.

Now if it was being called Slurs that have been used to describe citizens of a country, that's racist. Wuhan, is not a racist word, it's the name of a city, don't try to make or turn it into it something it is not.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    The numbers from Indiana are being corrected and updated so that they are accurate on the day of the Covid-19 deaths. The numbers from Worldometers/Johns Hopkins do not seem to update accordingly. https://twnwi.com/Historical.php The Chart compares the two as of yesterday.

View attachment 86075

Am I understanding correctly from the link, that Indiana really only had 4 deaths yesterday after update/correction vs 55 reported by JH? Quite a difference on what gets to the llcal news for the public. If I read it wrong, then excuse my stupidity lol

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Wait a sec, just realized that this is not a local dealership, how in the heck did you get on a mailing list for a dealership just west of Chicago 160+ miles away?

Um...I didn't? That was posted by somebody else on another forum. Just illustrating the depths of scumbaggery that some people will go to.

But it's a Chrysler dealership, so it shouldn't surprise me. If your conscience allows you to sell Chrysler products to hard-working Americans...

:):

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The guy is scum.

I agree with the message but I cannot accept anyone uses the Lord's name and vulgarity together.

buddychrist.jpg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Cause scientists refer to....

Well then I guess we can't walk our dogs anymore.
    We must walk the Canis familiaris

Geez

You can call them a dog. Just don’t call it by the type of dog.

Example. German shepherd is racist.

English bulldog. Yep. That’s racist.

Austrian shepherd. Also racist.

Black lab. Oh you better believe that’s racist.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom