Not open for further replies.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    My doctor’s office tells me they’re trying to see the well people in the morning and the sick people in the afternoon… That’s a hard pass from me.

I'm on the phone at this exact moment to cancel my regular check up with my Doc that was scheduled for Friday. Hell no!

Also... I've been taking my hair down to 1/8" with clippers for 15 years now. Best hair cut I've ever had and the price is right!

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    My doctor’s office tells me they’re trying to see the well people in the morning and the sick people in the afternoon… That’s a hard pass from me.

THEY ACTUALLY TRIED TO TALK ME INTO KEEPING MY APPOINTMENT!!! WTF?!?!

"They're not seeing respiratory cases in that building." Yeah right... Ever been to doc's office where nobody was coughing, sniffling, or exhibiting other flu-like symptoms? Me neither.

Anyhow... They must not be too concerned about keeping medical staff available for emergency care either. SMH.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

An American publishing in RT?

I'm really not much on labeling 1A statements as traitorous, but publishing on RT gets me leaning in that direction.

That this guy was Alex Jones's lawyer makes the substance even a bit more difficult to take seriously.

He could be right.

But, if he came into my office and told me the grass was green outside, I'd still want to go out and check for myself.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

"They're not seeing respiratory cases in that building." Yeah right... Ever been to doc's office where nobody was coughing, sniffling, or exhibiting other flu-like symptoms? Me neither.

Anyhow... They must not be too concerned about keeping medical staff available for emergency care either. SMH.
    Yeah what about all the people they see who didn't know they had it yet but are breathing it all over the office? Hard pass.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Yeah what about all the people they see who didn't know they had it yet but are breathing it all over the office? Hard pass.

The shocking part is how hard I had to work to get them to cancel it, and then upon rescheduling (out to May) she asks me a bunch of questions about whether or not I'm exhibiting corona symptoms or if I'm high risk (have I traveled, etc).

Which way is it, lady? Is it a big deal or is it not a big deal?

Hard pass, indeed.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, I'll politely disagree with you on a limited basis.

We aren't getting (at least I haven't found) the numbers on hospitalizations/critical care. With that, we could better triangulate on overall infections and deaths, and do better modeling. In the absence of that, armed only with the 2 dimensional numbers they're giving us (infections and deaths), we kinda have to make due.

And again, it is worth mentioning that I have no illusion about the numbers being accurate. It is just the numbers that we are being provided.

In the 'maybe a silver lining' dept.; perhaps the example of possibly severe, economically damaging over-reaction to innaccurate models that can't make testable predictions that we're living will be the death knell for green new deal/climate action

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    In the 'maybe a silver lining' dept.; perhaps the example of possibly severe, economically damaging over-reaction to innaccurate models that can't make testable predictions that we're living will be the death knell for green new deal/climate action

If only that were true. But I seriously doubt it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    An American publishing in RT?

I'm really not much on labeling 1A statements as traitorous, but publishing on RT gets me leaning in that direction.

That this guy was Alex Jones's lawyer makes the substance even a bit more difficult to take seriously.

He could be right.

But, if he came into my office and told me the grass was green outside, I'd still want to go out and check for myself.

It's not like the Russians would want to cause anger, confusion and distrust or anything.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    HVAC, right?

According to Executive Order 20-08, para. 14(j) [thanks to T.Lex for the citation format], HVAC is a "critical trade" and, therefore, an "essential business".

Of course, the classification doesn't mean any business HAS to still operate.

And that is the conundrum for many small businesses right now, including myself. Legally, I can still operate, and we need to operate to survive as a company, for our employees and clients. But the concept of slowing the spread is very compelling. Personally, I can continue to bring in revenue even with a locked door, but many cannot. It's a difficult choice.

In terms of them wanting to continue seeing patients, see my green words above. Companies have a survival instinct just like individuals, and it's just as important to peoples' lives, long-term. Also, individual medical practices are not the same as hospitals, in particular, ICU units, as HoosierDoc's situation demonstrates. I'm not discounting what you're saying - these are difficult choices for all of us right now.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    A guy texted me to ask if I had ammo. Got my number from from a google listing. I said I shut down in december and retired. He doesn't have any at all.....

...so I checked and found I had a box of Barnes Tac-xpd in his caliber and said I'd leave it on the front porch and he could slip the money under the matt.

....I kinda feel like a drug dealer......

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Or perhaps it's time to rethink whether we want a service economy or whether it is viable if it is so fragile

Now we’re talking. Let’s have that conversation.
    It seems to me that a lot of the people that were hard to convince that this is a thing but are now on the same page (or at least reading the same book) are the same people that would really like for America to be responsible again, come back from the edge of collapse, however you want to word it.

This is an opportunity to educate everyone that thinks govt is the answer, and more govt is more answers, that they are mistaken. If we could get in front of this with messaging to the dependent class somehow, it could be a great opportunity.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    In terms of them wanting to continue seeing patients, see my green words above. Companies have a survival instinct just like individuals, and it's just as important to peoples' lives, long-term. Also, individual medical practices are not the same as hospitals, in particular, ICU units, as HoosierDoc's situation demonstrates. I'm not discounting what you're saying - these are difficult choices for all of us right now.

I get your point, but my doctor is part of the Parkview care network and is located on the Parkview North campus in Fort Wayne. We're not talking about a small practice. It's a multi-billion dollar organization.

Plus my Doc already cancelled this appointment once before to go to Haiti a few weeks ago and provide care down there. I assume that means emergency treatment too.

I really am aghast that they don't want otherwise healthy people to just stay home right now. Crazy.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Except the Dems right now are trying to use this "opportunity" to prop up solar and wind energy in the Corona-Aid bill. ****ing dirty bastaads - I hope they all rot in hell.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I don't disagree, but it's not like a country just decides to change and it happens.

If you mean it's a long road ahead, I agree, but the country can absolutely decide to do this in the blink of an eye and elect politicians to actually do it. I'm really hope that's what we see in November and I'm really hoping the .gov keeps their word for once and gets us off the Chinese teat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom