• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yup. The way it spreads is when you start breathing in air that other people have used already.

The masks can be very helpful but if they do not fit perfectly they don't prevent you from breathing in unfiltered air. It is harder to fit them perfectly than many people realize.
    One doctor said the main thing a mask does is keep you from unconsciously touching near your mouth/nose area.

Saw an interesting program a long time ago. You have probably breathed at least one of the molecules of air that Julius Caesar, Jesus, Genghis Khan, etc., breathed in their lifetime.

The **** mixes.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    EO 20-08
    Page 7, subparagaph "t".

Apparently I am essential.

Proper citation, I think, would be Executive Order 20-08, para. 14(t).

I think it is long overdue for society to recognize that lawyers are just as essential to society as doctors. :D

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In reading the Executive Order, I am struck that, perhaps, only clothing stores, sporting good stores, appliance stores and florist shops may be NON-Essential businesses. Menards, much to my relief, is essential.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Smoking is a personal choice, with today's laws the effects of secondhand smoke has greatly been diminished. I no longer have to breath crap from a chimney that's polluting the airspace in a closed room with little to no air circulation. If I still bowled, I would no longer have clothes that reeked of cigarette smoke to the point I had to throw them in the washer the moment I got home.

The 400,000 number is something that takes years of smoking to reach that point. COV-19 can and would make those numbers look like pennies in a bucket if some sort of clamping down is not done and reach a death total of astronomical numbers in a short time frame. Sorta like walking a mile in a hour on a sidewalk versus 230 mile a hour Indy car speeds with no front wheels on going down a street with no wall.

One is controllable chaos, the other takes out everybody around it including the safety crew.

400,000 equates to 65 per hospital (6146 of them per Google) in the US. If 10% of the US population gets infected that's 4,311 people per hospital, now which is overwhelming, a manageable 65 people per hospital not requiring quarantine rooms, or 4+ thousand at each hospital from just COV-19 cases..

The economy will bounce back, but will not bounce back if this gets out of control. Think Mad Max without the nuclear apocalypse.

Ok government: let's talk.

You shut down the entire economy and ruin the financial lives of tens of millions over concern for loss of life and to stop our medical system from being overwhelmed. Fine.

Smoking kills 400,000 per year and overwhelms our medical system. Yet it's legal. If you want us to believe you care then ban it today. What's the worst that can happen? Are you afraid black market "unsafe" cigarettes will pop up? Or are you afraid they will be "untaxed" and you won't get revenue from them? Cigarettes are basically an inheritance tax on those under the threshold.

Smoking makes your odds of dying from this virus MUCH higher. So we can't run our economy but we CAN buy cigarettes. Asses.

I am getting tired of our overlords.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, as much as I want to be essential who makes that call.

HVAC, right?

According to Executive Order 20-08, para. 14(j) [thanks to T.Lex for the citation format], HVAC is a "critical trade" and, therefore, an "essential business".

Of course, the classification doesn't mean any business HAS to still operate.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    HVAC, right?

According to Executive Order 20-08, para. 14(j) [thanks to T.Lex for the citation format], HVAC is a "critical trade" and, therefore, an "essential business".

Of course, the classification doesn't mean any business HAS to still operate.

EO 20-11.....Roadies are now legal?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I had an old friend text me and he said his son in his 30s with 4 kids just got laid off with his team of 23 people indefinitely.
    He said his job is safe involving food safety & trucking.
    He has been wanting to retire (year or two older than myself who retired last summer), but now I wonder if he will feel like he needs to hang in there in case he has to help his two grown kids or grandkids.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom