• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Their plan sounds almost exactly like what the Italians are already doing. Reserve ventilators for those more likely to live and give older/sicker patients sedatives so they die with minimal pain and fuss. Sucks, but that's what it comes down to.

Sounds pretty good to me if it gets down to that. Better than a lingering, painful illness.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Shelter in place and maintain safe distance is a joke after going to Kroger for some true essentials (Whiskey and wine).

Long lines in the store and crowded isles can't help, but most carts I saw had food items and food is slightly needed although I guess if the population starves to death that won't be points against Covid-19. :D :D :D

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Their plan sounds almost exactly like what the Italians are already doing. Reserve ventilators for those more likely to live and give older/sicker patients sedatives so they die with minimal pain and fuss. Sucks, but that's what it comes down to.

I understand the logic but it really does suck. I am gen X but I have to say that boomers are some straight up awesome people. I have nothing but admiration for them. It seems each following generation (including my own) slips a little farther towards the dark side of civilization.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Shelter in place and maintain safe distance is a joke after going to Kroger for some true essentials (Whiskey and wine).

Long lines in the store and crowded isles can't help, but most carts I saw had food items and food is slightly needed although I guess if the population starves to death that won't be points against Covid-19. :D :D :D

Nobody said you couldn't go for food.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Yeah, we've got that as well and I was about due for a haircut. People will mistake me for a damn hippy in another month

I believe your tag-line removed that question a while back. "Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds." :@ya:

Back on topic, I believe I'm getting ready to lock my shop door and only do business through emails, etc ... Had a little gramma type come in for recipe copies. Of course she had a mask on, but damn. Stay the **** home people, if you can.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I understand the logic but it really does suck. I am gen X but I have to say that boomers are some straight up awesome people. I have nothing but admiration for them. It seems each following generation (including my own) slips a little farther towards the dark side of civilization.
    I don't know.. classifying us as awesome is just as unrealistic as classifying us as A-holes. We're just doing our thing. Every generation was given a different set of tools.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't disagree, but it's not like a country just decides to change and it happens.

But it's not like it can't, esp. if it's really the country that decides to change and not just the politicians

1776, 1861, Nov 1932, 1941, 1964, 1968, Nov 1980, Nov 2016

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A guy texted me to ask if I had ammo. Got my number from from a google listing. I said I shut down in december and retired. He doesn't have any at all.....

...so I checked and found I had a box of Barnes Tac-xpd in his caliber and said I'd leave it on the front porch and he could slip the money under the matt.

....I kinda feel like a drug dealer......

You might want to take a look at ammoseek before you part with any more ammo. I'm not sure ammunition manufacturers would be considered essential in some parts of the country, but I expect they don't have a lot left in warehouses and I'm not sure how fast they can ramp up production

I shot about 300 of 5.56 over the weekend which I would normally replace but not at those prices/lack of selection. 62 gr is really picked over

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You might want to take a look at ammoseek before you part with any more ammo. I'm not sure ammunition manufacturers would be considered essential in some parts of the country, but I expect they don't have a lot left in warehouses and I'm not sure how fast they can ramp up production

I shot about 300 of 5.56 over the weekend which I would normally replace but not at those prices/lack of selection. 62 gr is really picked over

I never really sold ammo. Mostly gunsmithing. But I had a box. Turns out this was a lady. So, I thought I'd do my part.

I do have some 9mm if anyone is really desperate....but if you are an INGO member and desperate, you'll have to take a beating here in the open before I give it up. :)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How do politicians turn a nation's economy from services based to based upon something else?

By creating incentives in the tax code and otherwise that encourage production. How about 0% corporate taxes on mfg, super low property taxes on mfg, super low tax on investment income from being invested in mfg.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom