Not open for further replies.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I don't have a bias. But I'm not immune from catching an epidemic virus and spreading it around just because I'm inside a building with a steeple. Just realistic.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't have a bias. But I'm not immune from catching an epidemic virus and spreading it around just because I'm inside a building with a steeple. Just realistic.

And on some indeterminate day after the first 7, God created herd immunity.

;)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In this fantasy, do we have a president who is constantly telling us about that the U.K. is our greatest enemy, and do we have a history of de jure racism against English immigrants? If so, yeah, I think it would be disrespectful to call a virus that. Context and subtext are related.

This little side discussion clearly isn't going anywhere. I'm willing to move along if you all will.

You brought it up, and it proved less than convincing. Perhaps next time, consider moving on a little sooner, like before you type the first post? :dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And now Freecycle is getting in on the "Essential Items Only" bandwagon.

You're leaving :poop: out on your porch for someone to come pick up. Who cares if a strangers comes to your porch, making no contact with you, and gets something non-essential. Whats next? Essential only stuff from Walmart/Meijer curbside? :xmad::xmad::xmad:

Dear Freecycle.org member,

Freecycle is a global community, and right now our community is under threat from a global pandemic.
    While we remain committed to reducing waste and keeping items out of the landfill, our main concern
    is the health and well-being of our members. We've asked local moderators to refocus local groups
    on crisis info and updates: local testing sites, shopping restrictions, critical info, and to only
    allow items which are essential/basic necessities. Click on “Contact moderator” at the top of your
    local group page to pass on info for wider dissemination to other local members. Above all, please
    follow local and national guidelines when posting items to your local group,
    and when giving or receiving items.

You, as a member, also have a critical role to play: for example by notifying your moderators of the
    latest info so that they may email it out to local members. Or, post the info in an OFFER to the entire group:

OFFER: virus-testing site info
    WANTED: info on shop hours for the elderly

Please, when making a post, do consider the following to remain safe and healthy:
    - Only post essential items / basic necessities;
    - Avoid all contact with the recipient: place item on your porch for others;
    - Do not participate in the gifting process if you are experiencing any symptoms;
    - Before picking up or gifting: wash hands, wipe the items down with a disinfecting wipe;
    - After picking up, disinfect items and wash hands;
    - Also, please disinfect regularly-used surfaces like gates or the table where item is left;

Essential items may include: canned goods, masks, protective gloves, disinfecting gel, etc. You get the idea, but
    again, follow official guidelines and orders in effect at your location.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Pretty sure this particular poster you quoted has a bias and would give a thumbs up to any reason for prohibiting religious gatherings based on previous posts in other religious discussions.

I've never posted that religious gatherings should be prohibited, and I don't feel that way. You know what they say about ASSumptions...

I'd respond in kind with a ridiculous assumption about you based on your posts, but to tell you the truth, none have ever made an impression.

:coffee:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That's why we have the Supreme Court.....and it is so important to staff it properly.

It's almost like the Constitution is a framework and not the entire body of the law. Probably why the founding fathers saw fit to establish that Supreme Court thingy.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I've never posted that religious gatherings should be prohibited, and I don't feel that way. You know what they say about ASSumptions...

I'd respond in kind with a ridiculous assumption about you based on your posts, but to tell you the truth, none have ever made an impression.

tenor.gif

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    So have Indiana LEOs busted up any religious activities since the EOs? Truly, I haven't looked for this and it hasn't popped up in my various news feeds (in Indiana).

Until then, this is a hypothetical.

Not Indiana but...

Prayer Group Arrested Outside NC Abortion Facility Despite Practicing Social Distancing
    https://activistmommy.com/prayer-group-arrested-outside-nc-abortion-facility-despite-practicing-social-distancing/

Florida pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with unlawful assembly and violation of public health rules after disobeying Hillsborough County’s social distancing orders. Howard-Browne turned himself in to a sheriff’s office on Monday.

In Louisiana, Pastor Tony Spell was issued misdemeanor summons on six counts of violating the state governor’s executive order banning gatherings of more than ten people.
    “[Spell] signed the summons, he gave us his fingerprint, he prayed for us,” said Asst. Chief of Police Darren Sibley of the Central Police Department. “It was a very non-confrontational meeting.”
    https://activistmommy.com/coronavirus-response-has-convicted-criminals-freed-pastors-arrested/

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Oh trust me, your previous postings as a vociferous outspoken atheist in religious discussions have left an impression. Hence the reason for my post. I’m done.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Oh trust me, your previous postings as a vociferous outspoken atheist in religious discussions have left an impression. Hence the reason for my post. I’m done.

And that's why you have your own special safe zone called the "religious discussion" thread. Perhaps you need to stay inside the chalk circle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom