• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think we are in trouble.The world as a whole.I do not think this is something that will be "fixed" anytime soon.I think there are many huge changes that are going to come.
    Most will have almost no mental preparation to accept things are not going back to "normal"for either quite awhile,and possibly never.

Just my random thoughts I put into words trying to organize in my mind what I am dealing with currently,and what the future may look like.
    I really hope we some how dodge all of this.I hope to be wrong.

I am at the acceptance stage.Life,commerce,and most of what is normal is about to not be.
    I posted that(and more) back in the original coronavirus thread on 2/6/2020.
    61 days ago. At this point I feel like someone either accepts what is happening or they will never accept it. That they have a grasp on exponential spread or they never will.

If they still think this is just the flu I honestly do not know what I can do to help. I have posted some of the science. Shared my opinion.

Those I have helped actually prepare I feel great about,those I have failed I just have to cut loose at this point.

I am probably thought of as one of the bigger critics of some of your posts, not certain how you feel towards me. I disagree with your thinking and direction on many things but make no mistake about it, I appreciate your participation in this thread and the thinking you and some others here stimulated in me. That stimulation has allowed me to keep my family in a better place than if this was not such a lively discussion and so informative.

Truly INGO has been the best source of local info and analysis of the overall situation, lot of smart folks here, hold that weak stuff back or someone will call you on it. LOL

So this is a big shout out to all you contributors, THANK YOU ALL!!!

Together we make things better...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I was told 2nd or 3rd handed a lockdown is coming to Indiana tomorrow? If so what exactly is being enforced? No I don't watch TV or listen to radio.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I was told 2nd or 3rd handed a lockdown is coming to Indiana tomorrow? If so what exactly is being enforced? No I don't watch TV or listen to radio.

Just stricter rules for retailers. Including limiting people in stores and such. Nothing too wild, or hasn’t been done by Walmart and now, Kroger.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am probably thought of as one of the bigger critics of some of your posts, not certain how you feel towards me. I disagree with your thinking and direction on many things but make no mistake about it, I appreciate your participation in this thread and the thinking you and some others here stimulated in me. That stimulation has allowed me to keep my family in a better place than if this was not such a lively discussion and so informative.

Truly INGO has been the best source of local info and analysis of the overall situation, lot of smart folks here, hold that weak stuff back or someone will call you on it. LOL

So this is a big shout out to all you contributors, THANK YOU ALL!!!

Together we make things better...

I may have missed some of those posts,but I do not have feelings toward you one way or the other. A post on the internet is not a good way to form an opinion of others.
    I may not have understood your thought process behind some posts,but again it did not form my opinion of you as a person one way or the other.

Agreed on INGO being a good place to not only find information,but to try and gather more of an understanding of the different view points.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It's kind of a matter of granularity. When you get COVID-19 it attacks your lungs and destroys some ability to process oxygen. Your system fights back and the fight causes your lungs to fill with fluid which is pneumonia. The pneumonia further reduces your lungs ability to function and process oxygen. So when you die was it the COVID-19 (yes) or was it pneumonia (yes) or was it oxygen deprivation (yes). I don't see any problem naming COVID-19 as the cause of death, YMMV.

If you want to take it to the most basic level, you could say nobody dies from cancer either but rather from organ failure or some underlying failure which can get as granular as you want - from body level to organ level to cellular level to molecular level.

I don't disagree with any of that. And if this guy had COVID-19 and it led to pneumonia or something else then I'm fine attributing the death the COVID-19. So this may not be the case to hold up as an example. I have no idea what this 94 year-old actor was dealing with before he died.

But when I read a story of an infant who tests positive and dies, but had been in the ICU for a month with a bowel blockage and organ failure, I wonder why officials are so quick to label the death as a COVID-19 death when the ME says the cause of death is undetermined. That particular case (I posted a link a in a post a day or two ago) was reported as the first COVID-19 death of a child in the US before the cause of death was determined.

Stuff like that makes me question the motive behind these new CDC guidelines. It makes me question the motives of politicians that stand to gain from federal money if their state, city, town is hit harder than others. It makes me question the media machine which stands to gain from people staying glued to the news because stories like this drive fear.

And before someone says it, no I don't think this is a hoax or that it's not serious or that people aren't dying. I am saying there are certain groups that stand to gain power and money by making the death count appear as high as possible.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Just my 2 cents here. FWIW.

Thereis SO MUCH schtuff being posted by many people. Some are doomsday alarmists and some are possibly taking this too mildly. To each there own; however, being obsessed one way or another is detrimental. It is detrimental no only to the obsessed individual but also to the crowd; the audience. I find both sides to be dangerous.

Yes, I am increasingly concerned, thanks to the info I read here and elsewhere. Would I do anything differently? Yes, I'd stock up on some masks and gloves; but that is about it. I take precautions, I rationalize and I pray. I try to protect myself, my family and those around me. When I say "protect" it means more than just protecting from the virus but also all the negative non-stop chaos that is being poured into our heads. I feel some on this forum fall into the naysayer category, to a point it becomes obsessive, IMHO.

My take is that this is a very very serious situation we are in and if we do not take it seriously, the results can be bad, very bad. Even faced with this possibility, I feel peace and comfort knowing that when I die, I know where I am going. That does not give me a green light to live foolishly, but it does give me reason to live fully; even when faced with death.

Will the world change? Possibly, I hope for the better. Is God's glory shining through this; absolutely. Families are together, learning to be together; again. People are realizing the important things, meangful things in their life; again. People are praying and seeking out God; again. The list is plentiful.....as uncomfotable as it may be for many, the reality for the majority is (will be) good. We can go on and on about the bad stuff (and there is bad, no doubt), but there is also good. IMO, we have choices. Choose the doom and gloom and become obsessed with and accept the evil that this virus has created OR we can take it seriously but also look beyond and see that God is truly working in our favor during this. I choose to accept the reality of this evil virus but will continue to see and watch for God's glory to shine through it all.

I feel for those who have no real hope. To them, this may truly be doomsday

Isaiah 40:31 - But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Interesting explanation of their short cut to an anti virus that can remain effective for up to 10 weeks. Could be available by September.

[video=youtube;CDBVwqNOBXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=CDBVwqNOBXY&feature=emb_lo go[/video]

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just communicated with my sister she is head nurse at a San Antonio Tx hospital. She said they are doing good have plenty of beds, rooms, ventilators. She said they are ready for when the Wuhan virus peeks. She said Trump has came through for them she said she can't talk about other hospitals but where she is they are good to go.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    This video looks more like an advertisement than a reliable source of info for "Interferon Alfa 2B". I like the side effects and requirement that you do not make a baby for 6 months after getting it put in you.
    [video=youtube;pVjgUtHuyVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVjgUtHuyVc[/video]

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So no getting arrested for going to town blue state garbage correct?

Not that I’ve heard. Just an inconvenience I think. On a related note, it’s interesting that Holcomb only went 2 weeks longer on his order. With everyone going 30 days, maybe we will see some things open up again soon. If so, I wonder what the plan will be if numbers start flaring up again.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The actual numbers as recorded at The Covid Tracking Project:
    – Actual hospitalizations: 22,158
    – In ICU: 5,207
    – On ventilator: 656

The actual numbers show:
    Via Dr. Ned Nikolov.

– Overestimation of hospitalizations: 8 times
    – Overestimation of of ICU beds needed: 6.4 times
    – Overestimation of ventilators needed: 40.5 times

So overnight the IHME — the official group Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx have been promoting cut their numbers by more than half!

Here is what the IHME NOW HAS for April 5th:

– All beds needed: Was 179,267 … Now is 90,353
    – ICU beds needed: Was 33,176 … Now is 17,589
    – Invasive ventilators: Was 26,544 … Now is 14,951

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

The actual numbers show:
    Via Dr. Ned Nikolov.

So overnight the IHME — the official group Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx have been promoting cut their numbers by more than half!

So 10% of positive cases in Indiana are currently on ventilators? That seems very high compared to other states.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Who is Dr Nikolov and why should I believe what he has to say?

The actual numbers show:
    Via Dr. Ned Nikolov.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

The actual numbers show:
    Via Dr. Ned Nikolov.

Not sure I should bother doing this,but may as well.

The covid tracking project gets their information here...."All our information comes from state/district/territory public health authorities—or, occasionally, from trusted news reporting, official press conferences, or (very occasionally) tweets or Facebook updates from state public health authorities or governors. "
    https://covidtracking.com/about-data

How many of those sources list hospitalizations,number of cases in ICU,or numbers on Ventilators? Not many. Of those that do how many days behind are the numbers simply due to the logistics of gathering information from every hospital and local health department? I can tell you the governor of MN where I am said the reporting on average takes 4-5 days to catch up,so what he is reporting are the numbers from then not now.

So information is not just key,how you get the information and when that information was actually gathered matter. If you are missing huge amounts of that data such as how many are on ventilators because it is not widely reported by most states how valuable is the data you do have when compared to the whole?

Of course IHME data was revised as it is almost daily. They are adjusting the model daily by what data they have. They have always done this,and all of the above still applies.

They are aware of some of the issues,but at this point the model serves only one purpose,a tool for states to use to estimate what they will need in a best case scenario. It says so right on the page itself. It also shows daily updates,and why they happened.

The model also did not change by 50%,peak deaths per day increased while total deaths declined by roughly 10%
    COVID-19 estimation updates | Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom