Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I could understand a pay lake, where there’s likely to be multiple people in close proximity... but a lake like patoka or Monroe? Or a river? Or anywhere other than pay lakes? That’s just using your authority to impose your negative beliefs on fishing at that point.

I had to look up pay lake. What a concept. I had not heard of them before.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I had to look up pay lake. What a concept. I had not heard of them before.
    Lol guy at work goes almost every weekend. Sometimes they have a “tournament” where everyone pays an amount and whoever catches the biggest catfish or whatever fish is on the list that day wins the pot. He’s won a few hundred bucks doing that. I’ve never been, I fish to get away from people.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I also believe there is an aggressive policy in place to diagnose most respiratory infections as COVID-19. Sometimes even when it is unconfirmed, but they probably are COVID-19 since this is the most contagious thing around now. I don't know how this affects the numbers yet, nobody does, but I doubt if it contributes a whole lot to the reduction in flu numbers or pneumonia numbers.

Did you read the CDC instructions? It is like every push goes to the house. Not sometimes, comorbidity goes on part II, Covid-19 is always primary. They know their projections were wrong and are trying to save face.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    65b818c645b6fe6c4589584058bfe8544298fa4467404ee27c708fec7e66bd97.jpg

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    With regards to “complete data”, I’m seeing increasing numbers of articles where the authors are claiming that we may actually be attributing too many deaths to the CV. Earlier in this thread, someone posted a chart I’d seen over the weekend that shows the numbers of seasonal flu deaths, with each of the last several years overlaying one another. For this year, the seasonal flu death rate pretty well tracked previous years but in about February, the bottom drops out.

I’m just a regular guy, reading stuff, but it certainly does seem like whatever data we’re accumulating leaves plenty of room for doubt...especially when that data is leading officials to crush our economy and panic buyers.

Analysis of Variance will be telling, and could be very interesting. If there is statistically significant variation in deaths attributed to seasonal flu and pneumonia, without statistically significant variation in occurrence of seasonal flu and pneumonia, that will raise huge red flags.

Currently, I'm leaning toward anecdotal observations being true: that all COVID co-morbidities are being reported as being caused by COVID, whether there is any evidence that they were - or were not. And if that's the case, even the unexpectedly low mortality curve we're seeing now will be inflated.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Sure. Lines have to be drawn somewhere. I think there are more intelligent places to draw the lines than where they've been drawn. Is ice cream really "essential"? Ice cream shops are classified as restaurants so as long as they have a drive through or delivery, they're good to go. They're not "essential" though. I think it's arguable that restaurants generally aren't essential either. The line we've drawn giveth and taketh away mostly indiscriminately.

Restaurants are, in fact, essential. Why? Because of supply chain. As a country, our food consumption is distributed approximately 50:50 between grocery stores and restaurants. There is simply no way that the grocery supply chain could handle a doubling of supply for any length of time.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Did you read the CDC instructions? It is like every push goes to the house. Not sometimes, comorbidity goes on part II, Covid-19 is always primary. They know their projections were wrong and are trying to save face.

Like this...

A 1-day-old girl has died from the coronavirus in Louisiana

More freakin FaceBook clickbait from our local NBC affiliate.:rolleyes:

They got a beatin in the comments so now when you follow the link to their website the headline now reads...

"Premature one-day-old girl dies from coronavirus complications in Louisiana"

As to your point...

Clark explained that the child has not tested positive for COVID-19, but the hospital is working to confirm the results of her test. He and the state’s epidemiologists agree this is a COVID-related death.

It's fair to say it's related. But it's a stretch put the baby's death on the official count. 22 week preemies do NOT have a good survival rate.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Restaurants are, in fact, essential. Why? Because of supply chain. As a country, our food consumption is distributed approximately 50:50 between grocery stores and restaurants. There is simply no way that the grocery supply chain could handle a doubling of supply for any length of time.

I imagine that this is pretty dependent upon geography, more urban, more restaurant food, but that's just speculation on my part. Any information on that?

I have not gotten take-out food since this began and will not. I normally eat out 2 times a week (out of 21 meals) and that has dropped to "0", but I am amazed at the number of people who eat at least a meal out (or in, now) a day. This was foreign to me.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    There are FOR profit hospitals as well that dont qualify as charitable organizations. But it does not matter. Orange man is evil we have been told time and time again and facts mean nothing to the Ds who just want him gone.

He could personally find the cure to c-virus all cancers, remove us from our china dependence and still the Ds will NOT accept it.

Zeus's could come down and tell the world this is his son and the Ds would say must be an illegitimate child since you are only NOW claiming him.

Hate to disappoint you, but real estate developers rarely develop cures for cancer.

ps. there ain't no Zeus except in fairy tales.....and my neighbor's Rottweiler.

I only expect Trump to do the best he can and act like a president. If he cut down on blaming everything on someone/something else, that would be a plus, but I think that's a daddy issue that isn't going to be cured at his advanced age.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I imagine that this is pretty dependent upon geography, more urban, more restaurant food, but that's just speculation on my part. Any information on that?

I have not gotten take-out food since this began and will not. I normally eat out 2 times a week (out of 21 meals) and that has dropped to "0", but I am amazed at the number of people who eat at least a meal out (or in, now) a day. This was foreign to me.

I can confirm what he is saying for sure. The supply line is geared in the way he is talking about(I am not certain on the percentage). I do think groceries will start having more packaging that was originally designed for restaurants soon. Getting product and production to where it is needed has become one of the main issues of the supply system,and it is showing the strain.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Ventilators to spare...:whistle:

California will send 500 ventilators it's not currently using to the U.S. stockpile for temporary use by other states with a more urgent need, Governor Gavin Newsom announced Monday.

The declaration follows similar moves by Oregon and Washington over the weekend; Oregon announced it would be sending 140 ventilators, and Washington will return more than 400 to the National Strategic Stockpile.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can confirm what he is saying for sure. The supply line is geared in the way he is talking about(I am not certain on the percentage). I do think groceries will start having more packaging that was originally designed for restaurants soon. Getting product and production to where it is needed has become one of the main issues of the supply system,and it is showing the strain.

Throw in the fact that many can not cook.
    Then throw in the "essential" workers that are single, and maybe don't have much cooking time between their double shifts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom