• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Because it is close to an old railroad station that has barbed wire angled to the inside. Angled. To. The. Inside.

But that never works... :nailbite:

L5O6p93.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Angled. To. The. Inside.

In Mishawaka, across from Marian High School, along Dragoon Trail, is a HUGE property owned by the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration.

"Allegedly" it's a convent.

I've driven past it my whole life and have always questioned exactly why a convent would require a barbed wire fence angled to the inside...

aiQ47mgl.jpg

I mean, is it that much a struggle to keep the nuns in?:dunno:

Or, is it for something else...:shady:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hold up.

A fight. At a Walmart.

That could've been filmed any time in the last 10 years.

People really want to get close enough for people to actually fight? It's behavior inconsistent with the complaint.

Along that line, it's kinda like the video local news was playing of GE workers in Louisville, protesting about having to go to work. They're upset because they think the company is not doing enough to follow social distancing guidelines WHILE PROTESTING SHOULDER TO SHOULDER! And maybe they have a point. If they can't figure out how to distance themselves while protesting, maybe they're not going to do well at it on the job.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Apparently can't rep you either. No worries. I kind of stumbled on that while hoping they had XML.

What's really nice is that they have historical data available. So one could make use of a bit of calculus to make some predictions. Also, it includes information not only on positives and mortality, but hospitalizations as well. It's some useful information if people are so inclined to make use of it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10222565515625276&id=1192860801

Walmart on 73rd and keystone in Indianapolis. The virus is making people crazy.j

Nope sorry, they was already there, COV-19 gave them the nudge to enter Bat :poop: Crazy Mode. Certain Wal-Mart's in and around the Indy area fall into the "Crazy :poop: happens" on a regular basis like the Beech Grove Wal-Mart. My years of having to delivering Beer to Marion County Wal-Marts gave me a higher appreciation for the rural locations.

Now that said, because of the way Wal-Mart treats their vendors and companies that service them, I will never spend a dollar in one again.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Something I've thought of over the weekend. I had some bird**** on my truck. It was a nice day, and I was going about some "essential" errands, so I thought I'd take it to Mike's carwash to clean it up. With some other things going on, I didn't have time to wash it myself. But mother****er! Mike's carwash is closed because it's a non-essential business.

This is where I think they're getting it wrong. I don't think "essential business" is the only criterion which should be used to decide. I think it should also be whether the business can continue at low risk. Mike's is pretty low risk, or they could be. It doesn't appear to me that the employees are in close contact at all. There's a money-taker, and an operator. And they're quite far apart. If nothing else, they could limit their business to the unlimited subscriber customers. You wouldn't even need to roll down your window. They just scan in the barcode on your windshield. But with not much more risk they could wrap a process around serving other customers to mitigate risk as well.

Point is, I think there are a lot of businesses which could open up without adding enough risk to affect the curve. As someone mentioned earlier, probably closing down the schools had the biggest impact. Well, closing down restaurants' and bars' in-house operations did a lot too. But they're finding ways to stay open. Drive-through, delivery, etcetera. I just think "essential" isn't the right or only criterion.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Something I've thought of over the weekend. I had some bird**** on my truck. It was a nice day, and I was going about some "essential" errands, so I thought I'd take it to Mike's carwash to clean it up. With some other things going on, I didn't have time to wash it myself. But mother****er! Mike's carwash is closed because it's a non-essential business.

This is where I think they're getting it wrong. I don't think "essential business" is the only criterion which should be used to decide. I think it should also be whether the business can continue at low risk. Mike's is pretty low risk, or they could be. It doesn't appear to me that the employees are in close contact at all. There's a money-taker, and an operator. And they're quite far apart. If nothing else, they could limit their business to the unlimited subscriber customers. You wouldn't even need to roll down your window. They just scan in the barcode on your windshield. But with not much more risk they could wrap a process around serving other customers to mitigate risk as well.

Point is, I think there are a lot of businesses which could open up without adding enough risk to affect the curve. As someone mentioned earlier, probably closing down the schools had the biggest impact. Well, closing down restaurants' and bars' in-house operations did a lot too. But they're finding ways to stay open. Drive-through, delivery, etcetera. I just think "essential" isn't the right or only criterion.

I agree with you in principle, but lines have to be drawn somewhere. For instance, there is a car wash in the area with, usually, 2 people who scrub with brushes before the automatic part and 2 or 3 who towel off...that would be a no go. It would be very onerous to have law enforcement trying to discern what is a low-risk versus higher business.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I agree with you in principle, but lines have to be drawn somewhere. For instance, there is a car wash in the area with, usually, 2 people who scrub with brushes before the automatic part and 2 or 3 who towel off...that would be a no go. It would be very onerous to have law enforcement trying to discern what is a low-risk versus higher business.

My contention is that why should law enforcement even have that authority?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    In Mishawaka, across from Marian High School, along Dragoon Trail, is a HUGE property owned by the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration.

"Allegedly" it's a convent.

I've driven past it my whole life and have always questioned exactly why a convent would require a barbed wire fence angled to the inside...

aiQ47mgl.jpg

I mean, is it that much a struggle to keep the nuns in?:dunno:

Or, is it for something else...:shady:

They're onto us Hoosierdoc! I mean them, they're onto them!!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My contention is that why should law enforcement even have that authority?

Because in the absence of some compelling authority, human beings - individually and sometimes in groups - exercise bad judgment in ways that puts other people at risk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom