ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6913e2-H.pdf
    Preliminary Estimates of the Prevalence of Selected Underlying HealthConditions Among Patients with Coronavirus Disease 2019 — United States,February 12–March 28, 2020
    It’s interesting to me that diabetes is such a high ranking problem with a lung based virus.

This article reminded me of something I was thinking about earlier and the whole mask discussion we had yesterday. The same people that waited until March 11 to declare this a pandemic (and previously stated it wouldn’t turn into a pandemic) are the same ones just now telling you that you should wear a mask, but a cloth one is all you need.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I make sure it is zinc gluconate for that reason. Cadnium bad.

At one time there were a lot of people in Japan that got itai-itai byo, literally ouch-ouch disease, from cadmium poisoning. The cadmium is naturally occurring wherever zinc is found and there was a zinc mine on a mountain there and the mine tailings would wash down the mountain and get in the rice beds. Cadmium poisoning is pretty nasty leading to very painful spine deformities.
    Some areas of Japan may not like taking zinc at all.

metal-uptake-by-organisms-15-638.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Ventilators aren’t a panacea for a pandemic like coronavirus

Matt Strauss is the former medical director of the critical care unit at Guelph General Hospital, Canada. He is now an assistant professor of medicine at Queen’s University.

https://spectator.us/ventilators-arent-panacea-pandemic-coronavirus/

He described increasing pressure from hospital administrators, throughout the city, to put COVID-19 patients on ventilators earlier than would otherwise be recommended. The administrators believe that hooking COVID-19 patients up to a closed-circuit breathing apparatus (i.e. the ventilator) may decrease their infectivity to hospital staff. But does this mean we have the patient’s best interests at heart in hooking them up to a ventilator?

this seems very disturbing.
    vents not all they’re cracked up to be.
    ​do something, even if it’s wrong.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Hmmm. I have a bipap
    We did discuss the difference between cpap, bipap and vent just a little in the first thread.

I went out and bought the biggest bottle of oxygen for my torch that I could, after researching and learning that industrial oxygen is just fine to breath, just drier than hospital oxygen.

It sounds like to me oxygen is bad for the virus, vent is bad for the lungs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom