• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I hope you are right,but know it only takes one case to spread it and that many rural areas are not doing so well with social isolation and staying at home.

Agreed. Research Albany, GA which is quite the hotspot. Their high rate of infection is thought to be the result of a funeral at which one obviously ill man from Atlanta was in attendance and subsequently died a few days later of suspected CV19. Within a week many other attendees were ill as well as several employees of the funeral home. A funeral where people were crying and rubbing their eyes would seem to be an ideal transmissive environment

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This explains a lot. I was pounding down the zinc among others while I had a cold a few weeks ago and have done nothing but eat and gain weight during this lockdown; correlation/causeation blah blah blah whatever.

There is a potential problem wrapped up in that that I call 'boredom eating'. I can't tell you how many times a day I have to ask myself if I really want something I'm thinking about eating. And let's not even talk about boredom drinking. I crave warm dry weather to get on the bicycle and turn that restless energy into miles

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I was going to post this link here anyway and your response is the perfect place to do it. Just a very good article by Kissinger.

The ultimate test will be whether the virus’s spread can be arrested and then reversed in a manner and at a scale that maintains public confidence in Americans’ ability to govern themselves

the-coronavirus-pandemic-will-forever-alter-the-world-order

Kissinger is still looking down at the daisies?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I hope so, but the fact that Louisiana has a huge outbreak when it got up into the 80s most days in March argues against it.

No, as in this is going to happen every spring until a vaccine turns up. I’m sure it’ll be handled better next time, but still not good.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    No, as in this is going to happen every spring until a vaccine turns up. I’m sure it’ll be handled better next time, but still not good.
    This will be true if the virus mutates and our bodies don’t develop an immunity to it. If the virus doesn’t mutate, once everyone, or most people, catch it and recover it will naturally die off without a viable host.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    https://www.wired.com/story/opinion-dont-be-fooled-by-covid-19-carpetbaggers/

Don't Be Fooled by Covid-19 Carpetbaggers

Coronavirus credentialism is rampant and dangerous. Knowing who's legit and who's an opportunist can save lives.

I will say this wired magazine seems to actually do homework on stories they are reporting.
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6913e2-H.pdf
    Preliminary Estimates of the Prevalence of Selected Underlying HealthConditions Among Patients with Coronavirus Disease 2019 — United States,February 12–March 28, 2020

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics