• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Much like with Trump, I'm reserving judgment on Cuomo on this matter until after we are out of it.

He is a more natural political leader, which makes sense given his family history. So, he is better able to intuit and execute as is expected of political leaders.

In terms of substance, though, I think it is too early for a real determination. I can very much understand what people value about his actions and statements, though.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    You guys know that the Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Press loves Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Cuomo which is why they get alone so well. He doesn't have to deal with the absolutely obscured questions and constant yelling and bickering that Trump has to put up with.

Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Cuomo gets all the powderpuff questions and well mannered Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Press.

BINGO - we have a winner!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You guys know that the Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Press loves Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Cuomo which is why they get alone so well. He doesn't have to deal with the absolutely obscured questions and constant yelling and bickering that Trump has to put up with.

Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Cuomo gets all the powderpuff questions and well mannered Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Press.

This is pretty accurate, if the press could forget that they hate Trump for five minutes and quit trying to ask these stupid gotcha questions his press conferences would go much better i'm sure.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You guys know that the Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Press loves Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Cuomo which is why they get alone so well. He doesn't have to deal with the absolutely obscure questions and constant yelling and bickering that Trump has to put up with.

Don't hold back; tell us how you really feel.

Cuomo doesn't get questions like, "Can you promise that every person who needs a ventilator will have a ventilator?"

Trump has been transparent with the American people and they appreciate that.
    The non-FOX networks and the Democrats hate Trump and are angry that his popularity is rising. They would rather have a massive depression and 3 million dead in hopes of defeating Trump in November. Thankfully, that won't happen.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I also checked that sanitation stuff out and it looks very powerful. I am still considering it but do not know what I'd do with it all. Thanks....

I do have a question. What it the thought behind using the antihistamines and such when flu symptoms are first felt? I am having a difficult time understanding the need for acid reducer, antihistamines and such. Do you have more info on that?

I think that had to do with "Citokine Storm Syndrome" discussed in "Coronovirus Thread 1.0".

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Cuomo doesn't get questions like, "Can you promise that every person who needs a ventilator will have a ventilator?"

It doesn't matter if he does or doesn't. He knows how to handle that.

For instance:
    https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/audio-rush-transcript-governor-cuomo-guest-msnbcs-all-chris-hayes
    Question: ...Today he talked about the Governor of Michigan and called her 'that lady' and told Mike Pence that he advised Mike Pence not to call the Governor of Michigan and not to call the Governor of Washington because they were insufficiently appreciative. How does that hit your ears as you are in up to your neck in this crisis and you hear the governor -- the President essentially saying everybody has to be sufficiently appreciative or they won't get the help they need?

Answer by Cuomo (in full): Chris, by the question, I would be doing my state a disservice if I now attack the president, right? Let me just say this, I probably have been the number one critic of President Trump since he got into office and we've had some real battles and his tweets, has tweeted nasty stuff about me and about my family. On this situation, I said to him, look, forget the politics. Let's put it aside. It's very simple. I need help. You're the federal government and this relationship has to work or a lot of people die. You do the right thing by my state and I will be appreciative and vice versa. And that's how it has been working. He has been responsive. He's done a lot of good things. He has the Army Corps of Engineers in our state, FEMA. He waived the 25% state match, which is a big deal. So he has been very helpful and corporative overall and when we have differences I say we have differences. We had a difference on the Defense Production Act, et cetera. I'm not shy when we have a disagreement but when things are working well I say that, also. This can't be personal and it can't be political because literally we are on the cusp of losing thousands of people who did not have to die, Chris. That is what the ventilators are about. They did not have to die. If we do what we have to do.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We are all equals here. Ingo in days LONG PAST had groups of cool kids and not cool kids and we had big problems from that.
    There may be individuals I can lump together with similar mindsets but I dont looks at anyone who actively contributes at least as more valuable than another.
    Obviously if we have an ER Doc talking about hospital issues I'm gonna listen to than guys opinions on that subject more than the autobody guys on it. If that makes sense.

But we need to stop openly personally attacking each other. Disagree on opinions or info but if a man defends his meaning of a word or phrase give him the benefit of doubt that his word is good on it.

In this context that meant those with the time and energy to google-fu the cool video.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It doesn't matter if he does or doesn't. He knows how to handle that.

For instance:
    https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/audio-rush-transcript-governor-cuomo-guest-msnbcs-all-chris-hayes
    Question: ...Today he talked about the Governor of Michigan and called her 'that lady' and told Mike Pence that he advised Mike Pence not to call the Governor of Michigan and not to call the Governor of Washington because they were insufficiently appreciative. How does that hit your ears as you are in up to your neck in this crisis and you hear the governor -- the President essentially saying everybody has to be sufficiently appreciative or they won't get the help they need?

Answer by Cuomo (in full): Chris, by the question, I would be doing my state a disservice if I now attack the president, right? Let me just say this, I probably have been the number one critic of President Trump since he got into office and we've had some real battles and his tweets, has tweeted nasty stuff about me and about my family. On this situation, I said to him, look, forget the politics. Let's put it aside. It's very simple. I need help. You're the federal government and this relationship has to work or a lot of people die. You do the right thing by my state and I will be appreciative and vice versa. And that's how it has been working. He has been responsive. He's done a lot of good things. He has the Army Corps of Engineers in our state, FEMA. He waived the 25% state match, which is a big deal. So he has been very helpful and corporative overall and when we have differences I say we have differences. We had a difference on the Defense Production Act, et cetera. I'm not shy when we have a disagreement but when things are working well I say that, also. This can't be personal and it can't be political because literally we are on the cusp of losing thousands of people who did not have to die, Chris. That is what the ventilators are about. They did not have to die. If we do what we have to do.

Who cares if he calls them or not, it's not like he said he's refusing to send help they all got their federal aid, they're both horrible Governors I wouldn't call them either. It sounds like Pence is the liaison anyway and Trump even said he'd call them lol. Another example of the media running with something totally inconsequential and irrelevant. I watched the entire exchange and no he didn't say they had to be appreciative or they weren't going to get help.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Who cares if he calls them or not, it's not like he said he's refusing to send help they all got their federal aid, they're both horrible Governors I wouldn't call them either. It sounds like Pence is the liaison anyway and Trump even said he'd call them lol. Another example of the media running with something totally inconsequential and irrelevant. I watched the entire exchange and no he didn't say they had to be appreciative or they weren't going to get help.

Quick clarifying note, since my posts are getting parsed thinly today: I'm not defending or adopting the question at all. Rather, pointing out that Cuomo, rather gracefully, avoided an invitation to slam Trump. Now, I've seen him and his proxies slam Trump. But, on that day, he said nice things about his political opponent (in a general sense) and tried to focus on getting **** done that needed doing.

I think that's what people want in a leader.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Pets can get the virus BUT so far it does not affect t them.
    Per the WHO articles.

A dog in Hong Kong tested with the virus after staying with its owner. But the dog did not get sick like the human. Nor is an animal so car able to pass the virus to a human.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com...-cats-and-other-pets-can-get-coronavirus/amp/

A couple of days back I linked an article about a cat who got it and was exhibiting all of the symptoms too. The owner was also sick.

So... There has been at least one case of human-to-pet (probably that direction) transmission and the pet getting sick.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Quick clarifying note, since my posts are getting parsed thinly today: I'm not defending or adopting the question at all. Rather, pointing out that Cuomo, rather gracefully, avoided an invitation to slam Trump. Now, I've seen him and his proxies slam Trump. But, on that day, he said nice things about his political opponent (in a general sense) and tried to focus on getting **** done that needed doing.

I think that's what people want in a leader.

:lmfao:

Someone needs to lay off the pipe for a while.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom