Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    What makes you "not sheeple?" I'd say the people losing their heads are the ones with Worldometer pulled up on their computer 24 hours a day and sit there hitting "refresh" while wringing their hands about another "x" number of deaths.

It's a serious virus. It will infect a lot more people. Some will die. Most will not. Best you can do is stay home if possible, keep your hands clean/sanitized, don't touch your face, practice social distancing if you go out and wear PPE if you think it's necessary. What good is done by arguing over which predication model is accurate, how many more cases today, etc? Are the numbers going to make anyone more or less prepared than they already are?

What am I supposed to do differently depending on the latest death clock statistics?

As Jamil so ******* often points out, you could scroll ...
    I don't ignore anybody. I consider that to be silly. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Except a digital clock, of course. We might have a couple of digital clocks on INGO. :):

If this thread is locked over this mild back-and-forth, I don't know what to tell you.
    Totally agree with this, I would leave before I ignored someone.

The previous lock was less than this, the mouse is very busy and maybe overwhelmed and he doesn't need nor have room for this.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Another thing...

I really wish my fellow mods would adopt a new policy. Instead of locking a thread, especially one that a lot of people are using for information, I would love it if they would just say, "Rookie, take a break. Don't post in this thread again for 24 hours."

See, this is why you get paid the big bucks. :yesway:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The previous lock was less than this, the mouse is very busy and maybe overwhelmed and he doesn't need nor have room for this.

Maybe he wouldn't be overwhelmed if whiny *****es wouldn't go crying to him every time they get their panties in a bunch over laughably mild discourse.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    There is 1 coronavirus thread (basically). If there is interest in a "stats" thread and a separate "treatment/mitigation" thread, ok. I'll know where to post stats, and where to look for treatment/mitigation information.

The stats are important for at least 3 reasons:
    - They help provide a context. Especially when the MSM gets hung up on dramatic "highest ever" or "worst in a century." To report 500 deaths can be alot or not much, depending on one's perspective. Reporting that 500 deaths represents a one-day doubling (it didn't) should put people on notice that things are getting worse. Which leads to...
    - Numbers depicts reality in a way that can be useful. I do not claim to prognosticate with much accuracy (currently <10% though). But, someone hears 500 deaths and thinks, "That's not terrible/not worth wrecking the economy/more people die from rabies." Well, if that 500 deaths means exponential growth, then that means something for tomorrow/next week.
    - The numbers that .gov uses to make policy decisions are related to the reported numbers. (I think they have access to "better" numbers, but that's different.) So, when our political leaders make big decisions, the numbers we do get help us assess the credibility and integrity of the .gov actions.

The numbers can't be alarmist - that's on the end of the information recipient.
    Keep it all here.
    I really appreciate your deep dive into the data, I can't do it and appreciate your interpretation.

The data is emotionless.

The longer someone studies this, sees what's coming down the pike, the less emotion they show about it, the more analytical they can become in their decision making (and maybe choice of words, haha). Emotionally made decisions don't end well.

It's just facts, but at first glance, or intake if you will, it is so far removed from normalcy that it is very disturbing and everyone will react differently. Those of us that have been into this for the duration often get lumped into the panicked crowd, and I and many others have never really been panicked. There is no reason to try to debate them about it though.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Maybe he wouldn't be overwhelmed if whiny *****es wouldn't go crying to him every time they get their panties in a bunch over laughably mild discourse.

Awwww... I remember my first day on the internet too!

[video=youtube;7DgTZBJupJs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DgTZBJupJs[/video]

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Just the way I see it. Obviously some people are bent out of shape. I appreciate good info. I've posted what I consider to be useful info, including info on hydroxychloroquine, a little known sanitation agent used by the restaurant industry (Stermaine) and other things. It all seems drowned out by the breathless death clock reports.

I also checked that sanitation stuff out and it looks very powerful. I am still considering it but do not know what I'd do with it all. Thanks....

I do have a question. What it the thought behind using the antihistamines and such when flu symptoms are first felt? I am having a difficult time understanding the need for acid reducer, antihistamines and such. Do you have more info on that?

raider600

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Cuomo really has his head on straight. A real leader. I can't even watch Trumps briefings anymore, total circus, and complete hogwash what he's saying. You wanna know how it's going? Listen to Cuomo.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I also checked that sanitation stuff out and it looks very powerful. I am still considering it but do not know what I'd do with it all. Thanks....

I look at it as sort of a substitute for bleach for surface sanitizing, with the added benefit of being able to sanitize things with a spray bottle that I might not want to use Lysol on. One bottle is plenty, makes 150 gallons. It's cheap enough that I won't be upset if I don't use it a whole lot. Just another tool, especially since it's been a couple of weeks since I've seen any Lysol in the stores. The stuff looks to be effective, but also food surface prep safe, which is a big plus.

I actually have a "sanitizing station" set up in my garage on a resin folding table with spray bottles, gloves and a mask. I'll be sanitizing items that come into the house from outside or leaving them in quarantine for a few days if I can't spray/dunk sanitize them. It would have seemed silly to me to even consider doing something like this a month ago, but seems prudent now. I'll also have a spray bottle in the car for on-the-go sanitizing, although I really don't have anywhere to go anytime soon.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Here's an idea!

Everyone that has posted in this thread in the last 24 hours, take the next 24 hours off from this thread and share your postings in ANY other thread. Let others have the lead for a day, see the direction the thread goes. :dunno:

Maybe take the heat down on this important issue?

:ingo:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    @qwerty - Looks like worldometers increased yesterday's total by about 100.

Wish I knew how that happened.

From the worldometers site just now.

Due to delayed and incomplete reporting from New York State, we had to make adjustments to yesterday's totals in order to maintain the correct attribution of historical figures. US figures for Sunday, March 29 could still be incomplete.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI

I am going to agree. I don't like Cuomo, but the organization of his press conferences are much more acceptable (White House Press is a friggin dog shelter...yap yap yap). It seems to be straightforward, factual, and down to earth. I understand his position on the ventalators and why they are doing what they are doing. Even with the masks, I understand why they are "over-ordering", but I am also sure there are plenty in doctors, nurses, and administrators homes.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I am going to agree. I don't like Cuomo, but the organization of his press conferences are much more acceptable (White House Press is a friggin dog shelter...yap yap yap). It seems to be straightforward, factual, and down to earth. I understand his position on the ventalators and why they are doing what they are doing. Even with the masks, I understand why they are "over-ordering", but I am also sure there are plenty in doctors, nurses, and administrators homes.

I was sorta reading it as light purple... and I agree that Trump's press conferences are pretty obtuse. That's generally a good Trump vs. bad Trump kind of thing. Schizophrenic public statements, but generally good policy behind them even if they're in direct opposition to stuff he literally just said.

So... I'm not touting Cuomo specifically as a quality source, but sources other than Trump are also good to follow and the governors have a pretty decent frontline assessment to offer as well.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You guys know that the Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Press loves Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Cuomo which is why they get alone so well. He doesn't have to deal with the absolutely obscure questions and constant yelling and bickering that Trump has to put up with.

Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Cuomo gets all the powderpuff questions and well mannered Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Press.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom