• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pissed me off when Obama took sides on social issues. Seems consistent not to accept it when Trump does it. Flip the coin, flip the argument.

Even old Trump was pissed at Obama for that-
    President should not be telling the Washington Redskins to change their name-our country has far bigger problems! FOCUS on them,not nonsense
    -DT

Yet another instance of "rules for me, but not for thee" hypocrisy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The monuments and flags are part of our history not even close to the same as this bs protest that began on the pretense of supporting the BLM!
    Maybe you dont believe All Lives Matter!

Obviously, and I am certainly not saying any of them should be removed nor forgotten. Now, convince me that those monuments and flags are not part of our revered history.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    It's funny you should say that (and not even I knew this), but apparently a number of the players have been doing exactly that, even taking ride-a-longs with officers to get their perspective.

Well, 32 NFL teams with 53 players per team = 1696 players if my math is correct. I would love to see half of them serving to reform society rather than simply protest. Actions on the field in front of the camera create division. Actions off the field, in communities where people live and work bring unity, understanding and mutual respect.

Mike

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, 32 NFL teams with 53 players per team = 1696 players if my math is correct. I would love to see half of them serving to reform society rather than simply protest. Actions on the field in front of the camera create division. Actions off the field, in communities where people live and work bring unity, understanding and mutual respect.

Mike

Do you think the Civil Rights Movement, created unity or division?

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    BIG difference, Kut, but I'll bite ... With MLK leading the cause, Unity. His every word was chosen to unify ALL lives regardless of color. We're all part of the same race, the human race, with the same God given rights. This "cause" has no such leader, no such organized message, no clearly defined goals other than "social justice" which is such a broad often misused term, it means many things to many people.

Imagine if MLK had the social media outlets that these athletes have today, the ability to reach millions of people, change hearts and minds. Imagine having access to immense individual wealth by virtue of a sports contract, sponsorships, and then the viewership of our MSM with TVs in every room.

I'm saddened you even ask the question when we've come so far as a nation thanks to the Civil Rights Movement. We've clearly regressed in the past 10 years.

Mike

dwagner3701

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    South of Lafayette
    It's amazing to me that these thugs think they have anything to protest. They all make millions of dollars per year to play a stupid game. 90% of them can't spell their own name much less string 3 words together to form an intelligent sentence.
    They should all be fired! There is no free speech in the work place. The first amendment only applies to the state restricting what you say... not your employer. So if the NFL did what was right they would send them all packing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    BIG difference, Kut, but I'll bite ... With MLK leading the cause, Unity. His every word was chosen to unify ALL lives regardless of color. We're all part of the same race, the human race, with the same God given rights. This "cause" has no such leader, no such organized message, no clearly defined goals other than "social justice" which is such a broad often misused term, it means many things to many people.

Imagine if MLK had the social media outlets that these athletes have today, the ability to reach millions of people, change hearts and minds. Imagine having access to immense individual wealth by virtue of a sports contract, sponsorships, and then the viewership of our MSM with TVs in every room.

I'm saddened you even ask the question when we've come so far as a nation thanks to the Civil Rights Movement. We've clearly regressed in the past 10 years.

Mike

I will round that out to 9 years.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Mike

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear in what I was asking. During the time that the Civil Rights Movement (that of King and Evers) was it a movement that was considered unifying or divisive, by the general public? Say around the time of the Freedom Riders.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Are we still talking about this crap? WHO CARES? Employees are PEACEFULLY protesting with the support of their employers. While I don't agree with them, I'm not butthurt over what strangers do on TV. If you don't like it, turn the channel and move on, don't go to the games. By all the complaining going on you would think this is the most important issue we have...it is far from it. It was a small issue until Trump opened his pie hole and poured gas on the smoldering fire. Thanks, now can you worry about things that ACTUALLY affect our country? Sheesh.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are we still talking about this crap? WHO CARES? Employees are PEACEFULLY protesting with the support of their employers. While I don't agree with them, I'm not butthurt over what strangers do on TV. If you don't like it, turn the channel and move on, don't go to the games. By all the complaining going on you would think this is the most important issue we have...it is far from it. It was a small issue until Trump opened his pie hole and poured gas on the smoldering fire. Thanks, now can you worry about things that ACTUALLY affect our country? Sheesh.

Like: North Korea, ACA, the investigation, Puerto Rico...
    ...and I agree.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It's amazing to me that these thugs think they have anything to protest. They all make millions of dollars per year to play a stupid game. 90% of them can't spell their own name much less string 3 words together to form an intelligent sentence.
    They should all be fired! There is no free speech in the work place. The first amendment only applies to the state restricting what you say... not your employer. So if the NFL did what was right they would send them all packing.
    Sure there is if their employer ok's it. The public spends billions on tickets and merchandise. People will moan and groan about them while attending their games or watching them on TV.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Good points as always.
    We did turn them off.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Someone just called this issue a smoldering fire? You are kidding right?This is a out of control forest fire with Trump driving the firetruck.This fire will consume itself.The cons are running the prison.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Please explain to me the qualification for being called a "thug," when one kneels in peaceful protest? I, of course, have my suspicions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom