• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There's a narrower context here. Tomlin is speaking as his coach. And he has narrowed the context to what the team decided. In that context, if Tomlin said he'd support the team in whatever they decided to do as a team, and the team voted to stay in the locker room, and one of the teammates decided to do what he wanted anyway, the issue isn't over that teammate's past accomplishments. It's about his commitment to his team.

On the other hand, it's fair to say one's personal devotion to his country, and to a great extent, how he chooses to act on it, supersedes a football team. And that's the problem I have with how this has all played out. I think it was unwise, especially with such a divided vote, to hold everyone to the vote results. I can see it if there was a consensus, but there wasn't. The mistake I see from Tomlin is holding the team to it after seeing them so divided.

I disagree. If you feel so strongly about the issue "DON'T VOTE." You don't vote and hope that your side wins, and then if they don't, do what you want anyways. Those are the worst types of people, because if their side had won, they expected everyone to abide by the results.
    For clarity: I don't know if the West Point guy did this.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I disagree. If you feel so strongly about the issue "DON'T VOTE." You don't vote and hope that your side wins, and then if they don't, do what you want anyways. Those are the worst types of people, because if their side had won, they expected everyone to abide by the results.

Hmm, you should send that message to many, many democrats and the news media in general.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I said pretty much the same thing earlier. If Villanueva knew he was going to stand no matter what, I would hope he'd be up front about it. But I still think that to hold the team to a narrow vote doesn't really achieve anything except a cheap out. Maybe that was the goal.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Get Kap some Vagisil. No way he has endured/sacrificed as much as these great Americans:

Joe Louis!

Joe-Louis-Military-voiceofamericatv.jpg

Say Hey! Willie Mays!

Willie-Mays-military-photobucket.jpg

Jackie Robinson!

Jackie-Robinson-omnimilitaryloans.jpg

Rocky Bleier!

Rocky-Bleier-SI.jpg

Ted Williams!

Ted-Williams-rsvlts.jpg

If the Stars and Stripes are a burden to him, hop a flight, the CFL will be glad to have him.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Meh.
    The media has made it fashionable to be anti-Trump.
    If Trump urged his supporters to kneel (with hand over heart) in support of the First Amendment, they'd all be standing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Meh.
    The media has made it fashionable to be anti-Trump.
    If Trump urged his supporters to kneel (with hand over heart) in support of the First Amendment, they'd all be standing.

Trump has made it fashionable to be anti-Trump. The media is just going along with him. People that supported him during the campaign, are even speaking out against him.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, they should get used to see this type of display more often. Trump has hijacked the protest, and now people will be doing it out of opposition to him than for what it was originally intended.

And that makes them at least as short-sighted, immature as Trump.

Trump isn't the flag. He isn't the Anthem. He isn't the United States.

Protesting in a way that, for all the world, looks like you are protesting these things rather than Trump, is just dumb. Dumb and childish.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And that makes them at least as short-sighted, immature as Trump.

Trump isn't the flag. He isn't the Anthem. He isn't the United States.

Protesting in a way that, for all the world, looks like you are protesting these things rather than Trump, is just dumb. Dumb and childish.

And that's the problem. Protesters are often misguided, misinformed, blind to truth, and easily dismissed. When the president exhibits the same traits, that's troubling.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And that's the problem. Protesters are often misguided, misinformed, blind to truth, and easily dismissed. When the president exhibits the same traits, that's troubling.

Of course it is....which changes nothing about the protesters. Do they want to sink to his level?....well, actually, obviously.

I have plenty of space in my brain to say that Trump should have stayed out of this...completely, and to say that the protesters are going about this in an unproductive and immature way.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Of course it is....which changes nothing about the protesters. Do they want to sink to his level?....well, actually, obviously.

I have plenty of space in my brain to say that Trump should have stayed out of this...completely, and to say that the protesters are going about this in an unproductive and immature way.

"Do they want to sink to HIS level." ....and were talking about the President of the United States. That's just sad.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No doubt. And.......?

If only Trump was more eloquent when criticizing people bitterly clinging to...whatever they are bitterly clinging to.

Are we still talking about president's of the United States, and what their office should be above?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Where is the place to protest? It seems that many want to be inoculated from seeing these protests, which when you think about it, is pretty ridiculous. You don't protest around people who already believe like you do. You stick in in somebody's face, and make them take notice.
    Where ? Their elected official's office or get a permit and have an official protest .

Inoculation is ridiculous ? Why , because they are sick of seeing grown folks act like petulant children ? Because some sjw idiots choose to involve them (public) in something that doesn't involve them .

Keep "sticking it in their face " is a **** poor way to communicate the problems they're having . It makes people turn off and not care at all .

People who believe like you .

If the majority ( public ) doesn't / hasn't been rallying around your cause after months of publicly rioting , blathering and disrupting the peace then that should tell everyone with at least two brain cells that the majority doesn't care about their cause .

It always seems to come back to personal responsibility which these sjw turds don't seem to understand .

The concepts are few and simple ,

1. Don't act like idiot in public BUT IF YOU DO , be prepared to accept RESPONSIBILITY for your actions .

2. Don't fight the cops on the side of the road , that's what lawyers are for .

3. Treat folks like you want to be treated .

If you're having a problem , check # 1 to see if you're the problem .

But no , throwing a damned fit and disrupting folks lives is way easier than taking responsibility for themselves and the problems THEIR OWN behavior created .

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Where ? Their elected official's office or get a permit and have an official protest .

Inoculation is ridiculous ? Why , because they are sick of seeing grown folks act like petulant children ? Because some sjw idiots choose to involve them (public) in something that doesn't involve them .

Keep "sticking it in their face " is a **** poor way to communicate the problems they're having . It makes people turn off and not care at all .

People who believe like you .

If the majority ( public ) doesn't / hasn't been rallying around your cause after months of publicly rioting , blathering and disrupting the peace then that should tell everyone with at least two brain cells that the majority doesn't care about their cause .

It always seems to come back to personal responsibility which these sjw turds don't seem to understand .

The concepts are few and simple ,

1. Don't act like idiot in public BUT IF YOU DO , be prepared to accept RESPONSIBILITY for your actions .

2. Don't fight the cops on the side of the road , that's what lawyers are for .

3. Treat folks like you want to be treated .

If you're having a problem , check # 1 to see if you're the problem .

But no , throwing a damned fit and disrupting folks lives is way easier than taking responsibility for themselves and the problems THEIR OWN behavior created .

/taps fingers on chin.

Now, I wonder, where could anyone have gotten the idea to take that angle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCMDur9CDZ4

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I'm not that old, I'm 55. But, I remember when entertainment was just that...an escape. No one truly believed people burst into song for no reason, but musicals were entertaining. Movies were entertaining - the good guy wins the girl and the bad guy goes to jail. Sports was a way to enjoy athletic genius and be A-political and escape the mundane if for only a little while.

Here in Indiana it was Hoosier basketball. Everyone watched IU on black and white tube TV's and held their breath on every shot. We talked about it in school, at the barber shop, at work. Fall was Football time! Democrats and Republicans could enjoy it together and jab at each other over their favorite team or athlete. It was fun, enjoyable, and truly American.

All of that is gone. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is political now. Sunday is opening day of bow season - a ritual for me. But even my solo jaunts into the forest to escape, dive into nature, become the person I am and fair chase whitetailed deer for food and soul searching is tainted by anti-hunting politics and the constant need to defend myself for who and what I am.

It's a different time. Football isn't football anymore. Except Sunday at 5pm my fiancé's boy, who's 7, played a K-2 game at the new Eastern Green field. For them, football is still football. A 6 year old K, #22, figured out angles and made tackle after tackle in the opponents backfield. It was a beautiful thing and for an hour and a half I enjoyed football again. I felt young #22's enthusiasm. He's not my fiancé's son, and I'd never seen him before, but I sure loved the fact he was enjoying the greatest game ever invented...and I was glad to be on the sideline cheering him on. He didn't want to make a statement, talk politics or renegotiate his salary, he just wanted to make a tackle for his team. "That's a linebacker" I whispered...and someone I don't know, stood beside me, smiled and said, "Yep".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom