• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There's a lot of irony in there. Don't get caught up in only one. Even if they had let him, he wouldn't have.

Just like everyone else, you only see what you want to see.

Even if they had let him, In 1944, it's arguable why he should've. If someone is going to try and use that picture to shame someone, then they should probably understand the dynamic in play. Probably better to use an iconic photo from a conflict that's more recent.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Even if they had let him, In 1944, it's arguable why he should've. If someone is going to try and use that picture to shame someone, then they should probably understand the dynamic in play. Probably better to use an iconic photo from a conflict that's more recent.

And yet tens of thousands of black men thought better, and served a country honorably that didn't totally appreciate them, in whatever capacity they could. They facilitated the greatest road march in all of history, carrying the 101st Airborne into Belgium on the Red Ball Express. If it hadn't been for them, Hitler would have gone straight to Antwerp and prolonged the war for at least another year. They handled transportation and logistics for the armed services, and made the War happen. They proved to their white comrades what they were made of, and just 4 years later they were standing next to each other in Korea.

Those same men came home and gave us the civil rights movement. Kaepernick ****s on them more than anyone.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And yet tens of thousands of black men thought better, and served a country honorably that didn't totally appreciate them, in whatever capacity they could. They facilitated the greatest road march in all of history, carrying the 101st Airborne into Belgium on the Red Ball Express. If it hadn't been for them, Hitler would have gone straight to Antwerp and prolonged the war for at least another year. They handled transportation and logistics for the armed services, and made the War happen. They proved to their white comrades what they were made of, and just 4 years later they were standing next to each other in Korea.

Those same men came home and gave us the civil rights movement. Kaepernick ****s on them more than anyone.

My great-grandfather drove for the Red Ball Express. My grandfather served in Korea. My father Vietnam. I'm clear on their contributions. The two former came home to substantial sharecropping bills, a dead brother, and another brother forced to run off. The latter, wiped away those bills when he took someone else's place in the draft. Kaepernick, is doing something they never had the ability to do.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    My great-grandfather drove for the Red Ball Express. My grandfather served in Korea. My father Vietnam. I'm clear on their contributions. The two former came home to substantial sharecropping bills, a dead brother, and another brother forced to run off. The latter, wiped away those bills when he took someone else's place in the draft. Kaepernick, is doing something they never had the ability to do.

What? Wipe his butt with the flag they saluted? That's great, good for him. The reason he can even do that is directly because of them. This is the thanks he gives them.

We all stand on the shoulders of giants. It takes a special kind of person to **** down on top of them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    “Our fight is the same fight,” Kaepernick told the crowd, in a message he posted on Twitter. “We’re all fighting for our justice, for our freedom. And realizing that we are all in this fight together makes us all the more powerful.”

Ah. Yes. Freedom.

So what freedom doesn’t he lack exactly?

He really does not get it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What? Wipe his butt with the flag they saluted? That's great, good for him. The reason he can even do that is directly because of them. This is the thanks he gives them.

We all stand on the shoulders of giants. It takes a special kind of person to **** down on top of them.

Is it? Prove to me that their sacrifice was forward thinking rather than to maintain the world as they knew it. A world that, in America, was segregated.

Kut (loves to see magic tricks)

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I wish we had a few more " citizens of the year". Just think of the injustices we could fix. Like Merle said,"When your running down my country hoss, your walking on the fighting side of me".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is it? Prove to me that their sacrifice was forward thinking rather than to maintain the world as they knew it. A world that, in America, was segregated.

They utterly crushed Nazi Germany, demanding unconditional surrender. Then they rebuilt Europe according to an American vision of how it should be. So what does Kut think of the results? Seems to me he thinks highly of the EU's record on race, so how does he think it got that way?

If we were fighting to maintain segregation, would not the South have committed disproportionately more troops? If they had would not their casualties have been higher on a per capita basis?

View attachment 61137

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

It doesn't matter why they did it. But he still wouldn't be where he is without them. No magic required, just some sense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom