• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    US swimmers are following the movement.Well one anyway.
    Interesting that he's still placing his hand over his heart ...

DMNL5lTXcAAoivD.jpg

https://swimswam.com/anthony-ervin-kneels-national-anthem-raia-rapida/

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    His that the first time you've seen this?

Kneeling with one hand over the heart? Yes.
    I haven't followed the NFL thingy.It's not as popular as soccer over here (not that I care about soccer) so I just read article about the kneeling parts.
    Did they do that too?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kneeling with one hand over the heart? Yes.
    I haven't followed the NFL thingy.It's not as popular as soccer over here (not that I care about soccer) so I just read article about the kneeling parts.
    Did they do that too?

Yeah, ever since Zidane decide to go all "bonk" on the Italians during the WC, I see your point. ;)

BUT.....
    21onafs.jpg

So, your opinion? Why did you find it "interesting," the hand over the heart. And please, tell me your INITIAL thoughts, devoid of how you think it will be viewed by others.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We got one here, making the rounds. I'll leave it to you to decide who that is.

So you're saying that there is a person on INGO who thinks that a white person kneeling for the national anthem is betraying his race? I suppose there are a few I wonder about, and maybe I musta missed where someone has indicated that, but I've never seen anyone post anything like that.

ETA: forgot to add that if there is one, that's indeed a very narrow group on INGO.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So you're saying that there is a person on INGO who thinks that a white person kneeling for the national anthem is betraying his race? I suppose there are a few I wonder about, and maybe I musta missed where someone has indicated that, but I've never seen anyone post anything like that.

ETA: forgot to add that if there is one, that's indeed a very narrow group on INGO.

Yep!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yeah, ever since Zidane decide to go all "bonk" on the Italians during the WC, I see your point. ;)

BUT.....
    21onafs.jpg

So, your opinion? Why did you find it "interesting," the hand over the heart. And please, tell me your INITIAL thoughts, devoid of how you think it will be viewed by others.

Well the kneeling is seen as a sign of disrespect but the hand over the heart is still retained as a sign of respect.

That's why I said it was interesting.
    Now is that still disrespectul to kneel regardless of right hand position? I don't know. :dunno:

Is the other way around seen as disrespecful (standing but not placing your hand over your heart)?

I don't place my right hand over my heard during the national anthem (of either country).It's just not something we do in France and I don't do that during the US national anthem either (plus I'm not American).
    I just stand still and remove my hat if I'm wearing any.

That might seem rude to some people.

It can also be noted that in some countries/cultures kneeling is a sign of respect.

A few months ago some rugby players from the Fiji islands kneeled in front of the French president as they shook his hand, while other players stood up.

Apparently standing in front of a head of state is rude in the Fiji.

DBkdpLzXgAAN9uj.jpg

Not that it's the same thing with the NFL protest but it's also about sport, kneeling and respect.

Oh Zidane's headbutt was the only thing I found interesting about soccer ...

giphy.gif

Otherwise I don't care about the NFL, soccer, rugby or any sport that is on TV. :):

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To some, he's a race-traitor, protesting against white people.... but only amongst a certain "type" of people.
    Is that the first time you've seen this?

Is there a Black 'race'? Is there a White one? And is the Asian 'race' not in on 'keeping the black man down', or themselves being kept down by 'racism' - because you don't mention them when you discuss 'racism'

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home

It's probably like the "racist" cops in his department. No evidence but like Santa Clause, he "knows".

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    You can usually tell those kinds of things.

The only "evidence" he had, at least in the posts I read, (and admittedly that's only a few dozens out of 25,000), was about some cops who pulled over too many people "named Rodriguez", but yet, he "knew". Just part of the shtick I guess.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The only "evidence" he had, at least in the posts I read, (and admittedly that's only a few dozens out of 25,000), was about some cops who pulled over too many people "named Rodriguez", but yet, he "knew". Just part of the shtick I guess.

I'm not going to deny that it happens, or even that Kut was wrong in that instance. I mean, the cop got busted for shaking down Hispanics, for crying out loud. My only point in all that is that it's case by case, not systemic/institutional. There are still problems out there and those people who do those kinds of things need to be weeded out of police departments.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    I'm not going to deny that it happens, or even that Kut was wrong in that instance. I mean, the cop got busted for shaking down Hispanics, for crying out loud. My only point in all that is that it's case by case, not systemic/institutional. There are still problems out there and those people who do those kinds of things need to be weeded out of police departments.

I guess I missed that one. The only post I saw, he was complaining about someone in his own dept that he "knew" was a racist because he wrote too many tickets. Not about anyone that was actually proven to have done anything.

Anyway, I may have lost track since nearly every single post is about casting aspersions of "racism" toward someone.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Before/after, it's all the same anti-white, anti-American BS to me. "America" oppressing "people of color" is garbage no matter when they say it.
    The BLM movement was never about "black lives". It's just cover for anti-white racists to vent their hatred.
    Bingo again. The protestors are bigots at best, outright racists at worst, ginning up strife and hatred based on the false flag of "oppression".
    It's almost like "diversity" is really just a code word used as moral justification for discriminating against whites in the workplace.

So if White people support BLM or the NFL protests... of which there are many, given the above statements, what can be said about them? Are they "anti-white racists," "bigots." "pro-discrimination," against the group they identify with? The white versions of Leroy Jenkins?
    There's an agenda at play.
    ...All in a fairly small posting history.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    So if White people support BLM or the NFL protests... of which there are many, given the above statements, what can be said about them? Are they "anti-white racists," "bigots." "pro-discrimination," against the group they identify with? The white versions of Leroy Jenkins?
    There's an agenda at play.
    ...All in a fairly small posting history.

Isn't it annoying when someone brings up race in every conversation? :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom