• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'll concede, not all, but a pretty good portion

As I would say with Trumpsters, not all.... but a pretty good portion.
    If one is going to assail people that support the protests, then one should be willing to accept that those who don't will be likewise assailed. Dems da rulez

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    As I would say with Trumpsters, not all.... but a pretty good portion.
    If one is going to assail people that support the protests, then one should be willing to accept that those who don't will be likewise assailed. Dems da rulez

I sure do wish though, that those that choose to protest, would actually protest in a meaningful matter. And by that i mean, put your money where your mouth, or knee, is and actually work to change this so called "oppression!" I mean we have had a black president, Mayors, congressman/woman, police, multi million dollar athletes, police officers, educators, etc, etc, etc. Its all what you choose to do with your life that makes the difference

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I sure do wish though, that those that choose to protest, would actually protest in a meaningful matter. And by that i mean, put your money where your mouth, or knee, is and actually work to change this so called "oppression!" I mean we have had a black president, Mayors, congressman/woman, police, multi million dollar athletes, police officers, educators, etc, etc, etc. Its all what you choose to do with your life that makes the difference

While I can't speak for all the kneelers, you'd be surprised how many put their money where their mouth is. Speaking out, not only concerning this, but also things like teen pregnancy, black on black crime, to future ambitions. Hell, back when I was in HS, Cerdric Smith (of the Vikings) came in and gave us a speech about not putting all your eggs in a basket thinking you're going to the NFL or NBA. Since I imagine many members, here, are outside of those circles, you never know about it... and apparently, think it doesn't happen.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    DMMrZ31U8AAGi1F.jpg

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    As much as anyone who kneels in the NFL is a race-baiter. ;)

To the extent that they protest the national anthem by kneeling (or sitting, raising a fist, etc) no, that is not race-baiting, IMO.

To the extent that they call the backlash against the anthem protests racial or racist? That's absolutely race-baiting.

To the extent that they say Kaep not being hired is racial, and ignore the similar results for a white mediocre-at-best, only better-than-the-worst-in-the-league quarterback (Tebow) who became a similar media-circus, again absolutely race-baiting.

Sometimes it is NOT "just because he's a black man".

The bottomline is the bottomline. Become a media-circus that hurts the bottomline and don't make it up on the field to be a net positive, and you are out.

It's pretty simple and color-blind except for the green.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    To the extent that they protest the national anthem by kneeling (or sitting, raising a fist, etc) no, that is not race-baiting, IMO.

To the extent that they call the backlash against the anthem protests racial or racist? That's absolutely race-baiting.

To the extent that they say Kaep not being hired is racial, and ignore the similar results for a white mediocre-at-best, only better-than-the-worst-in-the-league quarterback (Tebow) who became a similar media-circus, again absolutely race-baiting.

Sometimes it is NOT "just because he's a black man".

The bottomline is the bottomline. Become a media-circus that hurts the bottomline and don't make it up on the field to be a net positive, and you are out.

It's pretty simple and color-blind except for the green.

7u5UQ0X.gif

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Boomer Esaison's thoughts!

"He could be fighting for social justice and be the greatest human being in the world. At the end of the day, football teams want players who want to play football and who are good at it, and I don't believe he's either one."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom