• Status
    Not open for further replies.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    And now I hear that Kaepernick is suing the NFL based on the premise there was "collusion" among the owners and THAT is the reason he can't get a job. Gee, perhaps it IS about the money ! What a loudmouth hypocritical p.o.s.

If he has any talent for anything besides throwing a football or running his mouth, which is doubtful, maybe he'll have to actually get a j.o.b. - or he can simply rely on his wife to support him. I am of the opinion that she put him up to the original stunt ( yes, stunt ) so it only fair she support him in the style he has become accustomed to.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    image-931400-galleryV9-qmcl-931400.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    And now I hear that Kaepernick is suing the NFL based on the premise there was "collusion" among the owners and THAT is the reason he can't get a job. Gee, perhaps it IS about the money ! What a loudmouth hypocritical p.o.s.

If he has any talent for anything besides throwing a football or running his mouth, which is doubtful, maybe he'll have to actually get a j.o.b. - or he can simply rely on his wife to support him. I am of the opinion that she put him up to the original stunt ( yes, stunt ) so it only fair she support him in the style he has become accustomed to.

Makes you wonder if Kaep was any kind of smart with his money in a typically short career? This whiny sort of behavior makes one think not, eh?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Being better than the very worst quarterbacks in the league is always a strong selling point, lol! Demanding to be the highest paid back-up quarterback helps too.

Throw in the fact that his sideline antics could only decrease revenues for the BUSINESS that theoretically should have signed him... of course it must be collusion, there is no other explanation. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If it isn't true, at most, it can only be prejudiced.

I kinda thought you'd head down that road.

It presumes the really poor, really stupid, really ugly *individuals* of that race who are far more disadvantaged because of those traits than because of their race. In the definition I gave, THAT's RACIST.

If it IS true, how could that possibly be racist or prejudiced?

Do you really think all white people are privileged above all black people? You're thinking of groups. I'm thinking of individuals with various traits. How much more privileged is Tyra banks than most white women?

And what about you? You've said yourself that you're pretty. Well, that makes you way more privileged than me. Lots of things give you privilege over other individuals regardless of race. You're in the position of being retired at a fairly young age. You've traveled the world for leisure--BECAUSE YOU CAN. You're thinking of starting a new career--BECAUSE YOU WANT TO. How much more privileged does that make you than MOST WHITE PEOPLE.

The point is that there are far more attributes than skin color that affect privilege, and most of them trump color.

For the second bolded part, I think you hit on something without noticing it. Poor, stupid, and ugly... and you relate those to success. We will disregard poor, because that's a contentious subject, but we will address the stupid and ugly. As far as "stupid" goes, there has been study after study that "prove" blacks are less intelligent that whites. Even Fox News jumped on that bandwagon: DNA Discoverer: Blacks Less Intelligent Than Whites | Fox News .... I don't know any black people that subscribe to such nonsense, but here you have a scholarly source to support that argument. I am completely confident that more than a few people completely believe this is true, but would be afraid to say so publicly.

I've not read the studies, but to whatever extent it's true, it's just statistics and how the bell curve is shaped. Again, it's more useful to regard individuals if we're going to talk about privilege, because there are far more attributes than skin color that affect people's privilege. Even if the studies were true, is every individual white person smarter than you? Obviously that's absurd.

Next we have the idea of beauty. Regardless of what you say, we have been (me included) to see black as ugly. As a black person, the darker you are, the less attractive you were deemed to be, and conversely, the lighter you are, the more attractive (approaching white) you were. Tell me how many dark skinned women you can think of, off the top of your head, that you believe are attractive. This belief, incidentally, led to the "Black is Beautiful" movement. Again you can find a study that supports this belief... London School of Economics psychologist: Black women are less attractive than whites and asians - Telegraph ...personal preference is one thing, by simply dismissing someone as unattractive simply based on race, is quite another. And again, I'm more than confident a fair amount of people believe this, but just aren't willing to say it aloud.

a09_057.art.jpg

She's way more privileged than you or me. They don't come much blacker than that. Now tell me she's not beautiful.

So disregarding poverty, we have scholarly studies that satisfy the belief that black people, are generally less intelligent, and less attractive. I haven't looked, but I'd be surprised to find a study indicating the opposite. That's two of the three, satisfied, to place an entire group "at the bottom," and if you'd like to expand further, one could say that because of those other two strikes, it's understandable why there's poverty amongst that group. So it's very difficult to say that privilege, as far as this discussion goes, is absent.

If people believe every individual in a group is less intelligent and less attractive because of their skin color, that's racist. If people just regard people as individuals, and judge them accordingly, that's not racist.

People can't help favoring attractive people over unattractive people. That's biological. Attractiveness, intelligence, competence, physical fitness, social skills, those things are what make more of privilege than just skin color. I'm not saying that there's not a social stigma attached to skin color. But skin color is the most truly unimportant of all the attributes that make up privilege. Its stigma is the most comprised of social constructs. And that social construct is fading if the race baiters would just let it die.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do you really think all white people are privileged above all black people?

No, and you'd be challenged to find anyplace where I stated such... because, conversely, I also believe in black, Asian, straight, gay, skinny privilege. Fat privilege, though, that's a hard one the see.
    As far as the picture of the woman you posted. I asked a very specific question. She's beautiful, but I doubt you know who she is, and if you did, it's not off the top of your head. She is completely unfamiliar to me at least. I can think two reasonably dark black woman who are attractive, and that Naomi Campbell and Iman, both being well past their prime, and it being arguable that their husbands/boyfriends extended their fame to them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, and you'd be challenged to find anyplace where I stated such... because, conversely, I also believe in black, Asian, straight, gay, skinny privilege. Fat privilege, though, that's a hard one the see.
    As far as the picture of the woman you posted. I asked a very specific question. She's beautiful, but I doubt you know who she is, and if you did, it's not off the top of your head. She is completely unfamiliar to me at least. I can think two reasonably dark black woman who are attractive, and that Naomi Campbell and Iman, both being well past their prime, and it being arguable that their husbands/boyfriends extended their fame to them.

I know who she is. But I’m not going to try to spell her name and I’m on mu phone so I ain’t gonna google it. It’s African and I’d just butcher it if I tried. She’s a model and she has more money and privilege than both of us. So Yes. I do know who she is.

If you can’t find many hot black chicks, that’s your problem. Check out Kaepernick’s girlfriend. Yeah. She’s a cultual Marxist, but she’s pretty hot. The girl who brought out my food at Sonic the other day was pretty hot too. Skin color doesn’t make someone ugly. It doesn’t make someone beautiful either. The combined features of the individual makes them ugly or beautiful, and that affects privilege more than skin color does.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    How am I not surprised that Kaepernick isn't offered a job. At this point I don't care any more. I've completely written off the NFL and have told the NFL that. All things NFL are now blocked on all of my TiVos. Don't even show up in the programming guide now. If I could have the scores redacted in my newspaper, I would. NFL can go to He11.

John

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know who she is. But I’m not going to try to spell her name and I’m on mu phone so I ain’t gonna google it. It’s African and I’d just butcher it if I tried. She’s a model and she has more money and privilege than both of us. So Yes. I do know who she is.

If you can’t find many hot black chicks, that’s your problem. Check out Kaepernick’s girlfriend. Yeah. She’s a cultual Marxist, but she’s pretty hot. The girl who brought out my food at Sonic the other day was pretty hot too. Skin color doesn’t make someone ugly. It doesn’t make someone beautiful either. The combined features of the individual makes them ugly or beautiful, and that affects privilege more than skin color does.

Wait, is she African, or does she simply have an African name? In the context of this conversation, that's significant.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How am I not surprised that Kaepernick isn't offered a job. At this point I don't care any more. I've completely written off the NFL and have told the NFL that. All things NFL are now blocked on all of my TiVos. Don't even show up in the programming guide now. If I could have the scores redacted in my newspaper, I would. NFL can go to He11.

John

Newspaper? What's that?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

I agree with you on all points... and on the plus-sized privilege, it doesn't currently exist, though the proverbial "they" are attempting to establish a plus-sized privilege, and IMO, failing miserably.

She is so beautiful that I was surprised neither of us (you nor I) knew who she is/was. A quick google indicates that she mostly stayed in South Africa (was in the SI SA issue), which explains her relatively anonymity, becoming a covergirl for Elizabeth Arden fairly late at the age of 28. She is now 32.... a youngster to me, but an oldster in the beauty industry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom