Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, the don't put up with it, they simply deny it exists, until something happens that makes them take action. Departments, in many cases are all about numbers. They don't care where these numbers come from, just so long as you keep them high, and don't get caught doing something you're not supposed to be doing.
    Remember this guy?
    https://www.wthr.com/article/westfield-police-officer-charged-in-alleged-shake-down-scheme

Now I won't say that other WPD officers knew he was shaking down Latino motorist, but I KNOW they knew he liked to stop Latinos.

Good that he got caught.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The point is, all those white cops who try to do the right thing, what do you think they think when it’s protested as if it’s all of them? If you say it’s systemic, or institutional, THATS WHAT YOU’RE SAYING!

That certainly isn't correct. "They" don't think it's all of them. Some may, but certainly not all. Be clear we are not a monolith.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Are you going to take a knee, bow your head, drop your drawers, or anything to highlight such an injustice?

If Kut doesn't have the courage to stand up to injustice, maybe someone needs to email the Mayor and Chief of Police about the problem of one (or some?) of their officers engaging in racist behavior, and that one of their officers has first hand knowledge about it. This is serious stuff folks. This is the exact issue the protestors want to see addressed and we have people right here on INGO with the power to make a difference.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If Kut doesn't have the courage to stand up to injustice, maybe someone needs to email the Mayor and Chief of Police about the problem of one (or some?) of their officers engaging in racist behavior, and that one of their officers has first hand knowledge about it. This is serious stuff folks. This is the exact issue the protestors want to see addressed and we have people right here on INGO with the power to make a difference.

<<<<<< Retired

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well, there's some clarification to be had. "Institutional Racism," based on you noting that "racism" is a perceived belief in inferiority, is a poorly worded term. Institutional Prejudice is more correct.
    Personally, I believe much more that there is some institutional prejudice than institutional racism. The problem as I see it is that the media no longer makes a distinction between the two.

Prejudice is but a step away from profiling, which is probably what most of this is probably really about.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Personally, I believe much more that there is some institutional prejudice than institutional racism. The problem as I see it is that the media no longer makes a distinction between the two.

Prejudice is but a step away from profiling, which is probably what most of this is probably really about.

I don't think there is a term "institutional prejudice." I've never heard it used. But yeah, it maybe should be used. But as I reference earlier, it's hard to prove. For instance, in the South, black jurors are routinely excluded from criminal juries at an alarmingly high rate, in some places it's as high as 80%. Obviously it's the right of the courts to select and dismiss jurors for valid reasons... but 80%? That's pretty ridiculous. And of course, that's a perspective lost on the part of court. Does one believe that those in the places where it reaches 80%, that those jurors are simply unqualified, or is it something else?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do I have a reason to doubt they didn’t have enough evidence?

No, I do not. I completely believe that there was no evidence, just anecdotal situations, to draw. And rightfully, that shouldn't be enough to cook your goose.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don’t want to retire. I’ll work until I can’t.

I didn't either. But it allowed me to see some more of the world.... but now I think I might be looking for something that kinda in my former field, but not for gov... private sector. maybe move to Vegas .

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

<<<<<< Retired

Even if he wasn't retired, Liberty, that would be an extremely bad idea. That would be trying to impose real world consequences for someones internet opinions and is more like a tactic of Antifa/SJWs/radical left

Would you wish to be on the receiving end of similar treatment? Golden rule

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom