• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    But wait, I thought that stuff was bogus? Now, it's believable that Kaepernick might have a valid point? I guess I have few converts now, 'eh?

W9ffnzq.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Not a convert? So you must believe what I said was untrue... because if you did think it was true, you'd see the validity in Colin's protest. Or, because it ain't you, which is typical, you simply don't care. The latter being the most believable.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home

Is that like the lol safe space? You have first hand knowledge about racist cops and you need to do something about it. This is what the protestors are asking for and you say you support them. Does that support only consist of lecturing people on an internet forum? You have a real opportunity to take a stand and actually make a difference for something you say is real and a cause you say you believe in.

Now I think I understand why you wouldn't answer my question earlier. It a tough issue for you to face personally since you have first hand knowledge of it and it might cost you something. It's costing the NFL players something but they're not running from the fight. Neither should you. You need to report the racist police abuse and stand up for what you believe in.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not a convert? So you must believe what I said was untrue... because if you did think it was true, you'd see the validity in Colin's protest. Or, because it ain't you, which is typical, you simply don't care. The latter being the most believable.
    Does prejudice=racism?

Do you think you were stopped by those officers because they thought you were of an inferior race?

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home

It's not whether we believe it's true. You believe it and claim to have first hand knowledge of fellow officers engaging in racist behavior. That's pretty serious, and I'll take you at your word. Whether or not anyone else believes you or not, you have an obligation to report racist abuse that you have first hand knowledge of. Here's hoping you do the right thing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    C’mon, man. You know. All the stuff you said some cops do.

The FOP? Nowhere. It's not brought up there... and when you say something to a higher up, they just shrug their shoulders, and say "how do you prove that?" Because the stops of course are "legal" there's always a legal reason to make a stop... but when it the weak stopping charges like "license plate out" "improper display" or others, and the guys being stopped have business tags, and latino last names, you kinda know what's going on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Does prejudice=racism?

Do you think you were stopped by those officers because they thought you were of an inferior race?

Where racism brought into this conversation? Other than one particular poster talking about racist and bigots, that wasn't even bought up.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So assuming it’s true, we’ve lept from White ass Carmel to “the country”. I think there are some people in some departments who are at least a little racist. And there are some people in leadership positions who put up with it. You’re overstating it, Kaepernick is overstating it. The SJW virtue signalers are overstating it. That’s not helping to end the extent to which there is a legitimate problem.

Maybe stop saying the country oppresses black people. Maybe stop saying this is a racist nation. Maybe stop insisting that every instance of a cop shooting a black person is an instance of racism. The hands up don’t shoot race baiters look really foolish this long after it was proven it never happened, and they’re still saying it!

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    The FOP? Nowhere. It's not brought up there... and when you say something to a higher up, they just shrug their shoulders, and say "how do you prove that?" Because the stops of course are "legal" there's always a legal reason to make a stop... but when it the weak stopping charges like "license plate out" "improper display" or others, and the guys being stopped have business tags, and latino last names, you kinda know what's going on.

Are you going to take a knee, bow your head, drop your drawers, or anything to highlight such an injustice?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Okay. So. By your own admission, it’s not widespread, since most guys you worked with in white ass carmel weren’t like that. And the guys who were like that, you can’t prove it; you can’t read their minds. So what is there to protest THE COUNTRY for?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The point is, all those white cops who try to do the right thing, what do you think they think when it’s protested as if it’s all of them? If you say it’s systemic, or institutional, THATS WHAT YOU’RE SAYING!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So assuming it’s true, we’ve lept from White ass Carmel to “the country”. I think there are some people in some departments who are at least a little racist. And there are some people in leadership positions who put up with it. You’re overstating it, Kaepernick is overstating it. The SJW virtue signalers are overstating it. That’s not helping to end the extent to which there is a legitimate problem.

Maybe stop saying the country oppresses black people. Maybe stop saying this is a racist nation. Maybe stop insisting that every instance of a cop shooting a black person is an instance of racism. The hands up don’t shoot race baiters look really foolish this long after it was proven it never happened, and they’re still saying it!

No, the don't put up with it, they simply deny it exists, until something happens that makes them take action. Departments, in many cases are all about numbers. They don't care where these numbers come from, just so long as you keep them high, and don't get caught doing something you're not supposed to be doing.
    Remember this guy?
    https://www.wthr.com/article/westfield-police-officer-charged-in-alleged-shake-down-scheme

Now I won't say that other WPD officers knew he was shaking down Latino motorist, but I KNOW they knew he liked to stop Latinos.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Okay. So. By your own admission, it’s not widespread, since most guys you worked with in white ass carmel weren’t like that. And the guys who were like that, you can’t prove it; you can’t read their minds. So what is there to protest THE COUNTRY for?

Nope, can't prove it. And that's the beauty of the rackett. They have to get "caught up," before something happens. We had one officer who was "dismissed" for doing something we all knew he did, but couldn't prove, after he slipped up and pulled over the wrong person, and they wanted answers.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I Googled what was Kepernick protesting and story after story talks about Kaepernick protesting institutional racism.

Well, there's some clarification to be had. "Institutional Racism," based on you noting that "racism" is a perceived belief in inferiority, is a poorly worded term. Institutional Prejudice is more correct.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom