• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No, I'm asking if there's proof that indicates otherwise, or is there an assumption at work here?

Would that be an assumption that even a smart black person can make a mistake in the headlong rush to be among the first to criticize the latest Trump administration panty-bunching action?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am having a difficult time finding the tweet where he admonished Kaepernick for politicizing a football game. Of course he's intellectually consistent. It has to be there. I'll keep looking.

While you're at it, find me the one when Pence admonished Kaepernick during his original protests. It has to be there right?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Would that be an assumption that even a smart black person can make a mistake in the headlong rush to be among the first to criticize the latest Trump administration panty-bunching action?

As consistently as he's upheld leftist/social justice principles in every opportunity, I have no doubt he's a kneeler supporter.

I'm pretty sure he replied to Pence to imply the standers are hypocrites for supporting Pence politicizing a football game, while condemning Kaepernick for politicizing a football game. That's how I took his tweet when I first saw it. He has a point, but in so making, he's calling out his own hypocrisy. He would be better fitted to make that point if he'd come out against Kaepernick using that medium to make his protest.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As consistently as he's upheld leftist/social justice principles in every opportunity, I have no doubt he's a kneeler supporter.

I'm pretty sure he replied to Pence to imply the standers are hypocrites for supporting Pence politicizing a football game, while condemning Kaepernick for politicizing a football game. That's how I took his tweet when I first saw it. He has a point, but in so making, he's calling out his own hypocrisy. He would be better fitted to make that point if he'd come out against Kaepernick using that medium to make his protest.

There ya go, Jamil. Bravo. I had no idea one way or the other, until you said he worked Noah. Then it appeared to me, to be sarcasm.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    While you're at it, find me the one when Pence admonished Kaepernick during his original protests. It has to be there right?

Pence probably didn't tweet about that. It's not in his character, as far as I can tell. Leaving the football game isn't really either, I don't think. Following orders from the President is, though.

Baratunde's character is on display in every tweet. His politics are perfectly predictable. He is a faithful ideologue.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pence probably didn't tweet about that. It's not in his character, as far as I can tell. Leaving the football game isn't really either, I don't think. Following orders from the President is, though.

Baratunde's character is on display in every tweet. His politics are perfectly predictable. He is a faithful ideologue.

I agree with everything above.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There ya go, Jamil. Bravo. I had no idea one way or the other, until you said he worked Noah. Then it appeared to me, to be sarcasm.

I think you're assuming things not said.

I was indeed being sarcastic about Noah.

The joke was, the irony of an American black man who literally wrote the book on how to be black, was writing for Noah, a non-American black, how he should tell jokes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I thought it went deeper than that; that the Irony was if Stewart or the network wanted to have a person of color be the next head of TDS, wasn't there a sufficiently deep domestic pool of talent? Why not Larry Wilmore, among others?

Anybody checked Noah for an H1B? Is he being paid 50% of what Stewart was paid?

ETA: Thought Wyatt Cenac was pretty funny, too

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think you're assuming things not said.

I was indeed being sarcastic about Noah.

The joke was, the irony of an American black man who literally wrote the book on how to be black, was writing for Noah, a non-American black, how he should tell jokes.

As our history has shown, you probably shouldn't do that, Jamil. My belief was, solely, that it was sarcasm. Nothing more.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    To be fair, it would be subtle but he could be attempting to mock the people who say a football game is the wrong vehicle for protest and then apparently do exactly that. IMO the barb misses the mark because the Pence protest itself was mocking the kneelers using their own chosen vehicle (for which the SJWs duly became upset for the admin.'s audacity)
    I think that is exactly what he was doing. It isn't really all that subtle either.

I am surprised it took so long for someone to comment on that.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Sure, you can keep on telling yourself that...but the whole world can recognize an ignominious, face-saving retreat when they see it. Somebody got handed their butts on this one. "It" now joins battered women, hungry children, and a litany of other social ills on the roster of things the NFL pays lip service to - so the fans can get back to the low-brow business of watching people play a game.

The fact that "Trump" was the catalyst who turned the tide on it, just rubs salt in the wound.

And you can bet the dudes with the leftist girlfriends ain't genuinely one bit happy about that. Because to them, adding police brutality to the NFL's public service punch-list isn't what this was all about; it was about the televised opportunity to get up in the grille of a bunch of white folk whom they have been led to believe are the willfully ignorant, "un-woke" recipients of some "bloody heirloom" of institutional racism, and troll them in a public place where they normally just go for entertainment.

...but then again...you're the last person in the world I needed to explain "that" to...aren't you?

Bingo. This isn't really about American "oppression" of blacks, which any thinking person knows doesn't exist. This is a few (now a bunch since Trump trolled them into removing their masks) anti-white America-hating racists who see an opportunity to give an in-your-face FU to the country, the flag, and white folks who who love both.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I would have guessed that Pence didn't even have a twitter account until he joined the Trump team, but @Mike_Pence actually dates to 2009

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    2hekk77.jpg

Hertha Berlin nodded to social struggles in the United States by kneeling before its Bundesliga home game on Saturday.
    “We wanted to make a stand against racism,” Hertha captain Per Skjelbred said after their 2-0 loss to Schalke.
    Now a German soccer team is kneeling | New York Post
    I do love Berlin.

These Germans obviously hate the United States and it's people.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sure, you can keep on telling yourself that...but the whole world can recognize an ignominious, face-saving retreat when they see it. Somebody got handed their butts on this one. "It" now joins battered women, hungry children, and a litany of other social ills on the roster of things the NFL pays lip service to - so the fans can get back to the low-brow business of watching people play a game.

The fact that "Trump" was the catalyst who turned the tide on it, just rubs salt in the wound.

And you can bet the dudes with the leftist girlfriends ain't genuinely one bit happy about that. Because to them, adding police brutality to the NFL's public service punch-list isn't what this was all about; it was about the televised opportunity to get up in the grille of a bunch of white folk whom they have been led to believe are the willfully ignorant, "un-woke" recipients of some "bloody heirloom" of institutional racism, and troll them in a public place where they normally just go for entertainment.

...but then again...you're the last person in the world I needed to explain "that" to...aren't you?

Twang, IMO we need to update Mao's stipulation that religion was the opiate of the masses. I can be argued that now it's sports

"Hey, right wing fascists are gathering in Charlottesville and left wing fascists are gathering in Berkely, and San Francisco and the Constitution is under attack but, hey - how about those [fill in name of football or baseball team]!"

"Squirrel!"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    2hekk77.jpg

Now a German soccer team is kneeling | New York Post
    I do love Berlin.

These Germans obviously hate the United States and it's people.

From:https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/10/14/hertha-berlin-kneel-german-national-anthem-protest

It is unclear whether Hertha Berlin, currently 11th in the Bundesliga table, took a knee during the German national anthem or if it was not during the anthem, but just before kick off.

If it was not during Das Deutschlandlied, then they are kind of misunderstanding the bone of contention, no?

Kneeling other than during the anthem and people would just assume a quarterback of Kaepernick's caliber taking a knee was practicing for the game

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Well. Looks like virtue signaling is internationally left.

Vacuity spreads at the speed of light. They said they are signaling in favor of a tolerant and open-minded world...exactly the opposite of the originators of the protest in America, who are dealing in manufactured, nonexistent issues designed to manipulate people politically, and engender antipathy toward the assumed beliefs of other people whom they don't know, know little about, and don't particularly care to.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Vacuity spreads at the speed of light. They said they are signaling in favor of a tolerant and open-minded world...exactly the opposite of the originators of the protest in America, who are dealing in manufactured, nonexistent issues designed to manipulate people politically, and engender antipathy toward the assumed beliefs of other people whom they don't know, know little about, and don't particularly care to.

:bs:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Not breaking the law has lead me down the path of about 99.9% non interaction with the police over the course of my lifetime.......

If only I knew the secret as to why that is the case....... it's weird.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom