Ummm, what?

22365636_1662171710481043_7896571516584108275_n.jpg

Did that idiot actually say that.....really...:scratch:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "“Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the National Anthem,” Goodell wrote.

Stick a fork in it... money talks.

Not so fast...

“Building on many discussions with clubs and players, we have worked to develop a plan that we will review with you at next week’s League meeting. This would include such elements as an in-season platform to promote the work of our players on these core issues, and that will help to promote positive change in our country.”
    -Goodell also wrote

"It," isn't the ability to kneel... but for acknowledgment and action. It appears both will be satisfied. :wavey:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not so fast...

"It," isn't the ability to kneel... but for acknowledgment and action. It appears both will be satisfied. :wavey:

so basically what I’ve said since about the start of this, protesting in that way just divides people. In this age, find a way to get other people on board by ways other than shaming and marginalizing them, and that still may not work, but people are a hell of a lot more likely not to dismiss you out of hand.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Not so fast...

Sure, you can keep on telling yourself that...but the whole world can recognize an ignominious, face-saving retreat when they see it. Somebody got handed their butts on this one. "It" now joins battered women, hungry children, and a litany of other social ills on the roster of things the NFL pays lip service to - so the fans can get back to the low-brow business of watching people play a game.

The fact that "Trump" was the catalyst who turned the tide on it, just rubs salt in the wound.

And you can bet the dudes with the leftist girlfriends ain't genuinely one bit happy about that. Because to them, adding police brutality to the NFL's public service punch-list isn't what this was all about; it was about the televised opportunity to get up in the grille of a bunch of white folk whom they have been led to believe are the willfully ignorant, "un-woke" recipients of some "bloody heirloom" of institutional racism, and troll them in a public place where they normally just go for entertainment.

...but then again...you're the last person in the world I needed to explain "that" to...aren't you?

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, you keep on telling yourself that...but the whole world can recognize a face-saving retreat when they see it. Somebody got handed their butts on this one. "It" now joins battered women, hungry children, and a litany of other social ills on the roster of things the NFL pays lip service to, so the fans can get back to the low-brow business of watching people play a game. And you can bet the dudes with the leftist girlfriends ain't genuinely one bit happy about this, deep down. All the lip service in the world isn't worth as much as being able to get up in the face of a group of white folk whom they believe to be the willfully ignorant recipients of the "bloody heirloom," and troll them in a place where they normally just go for entertainment.

...but I didn't have to tell "you" that, did I?

The whole of your "world," not mine.
    And I apologize for being a multiple season Colts ticket holder (perhaps I was granted the tickets by mistake). Please inform me where I can turn them in so "white folk" can continue going to the place they "normally just go for entertainment."

Kut (not being white, apparently isn't supposed to be entertained by the NFL.... or is it just the Colts?)

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    so basically what I’ve said since about the start of this, protesting in that way just divides people. In this age, find a way to get other people on board by ways other than shaming and marginalizing them, and that still may not work, but people are a hell of a lot more likely not to dismiss you out of hand.

An old, common sense saying about flies, vinegar and honey comes to mind. But some people just can't help themselves. SJW's gonna SJW.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The whole of your "world," not mine.
    And I apologize for being a multiple season Colts ticket holder (perhaps I was granted the tickets by mistake). Please inform me where I can turn them in so "white folk" can continue going to the place they "normally just go for entertainment."

Kut (not being white, apparently isn't supposed to be entertained by the NFL.... or is it just the Colts?)

How do you say it..."Irrelevant information, is irrelevant?"

Your status, or non-status, as a Colts ticket holder has no bearing whatsoever on what I posted, and you know it.

Kap stuck his finger into the sensibilities of a segment of the public...and got it broken off.

Try to minimalize it if you wish.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The odds that such an invitation would be extended??? Or accepted if extended???

Earlier this week I sat down with a group of five Combat Arms and Special Operations Veterans. The round table discussed our individual feelings on the flag, the anthem, and the players who knelt when it was played. We all had very different takes, but what surprised me most at the end of the discussion was that we all agreed on one thing. Colin Kaepernick and President Trump should be the ones uniting our country together. Wait...what? I know it sounds crazy, but maybe that's exactly what we need to see. Maybe that's how we start to heal. Two men sit in a room and talk, simple as that.
    Former Green Beret Nate Boyer Pens Letter to Donald Trump, Colin Kaepernick, USA | Bleacher Report

Impress me Mr. President... and Colin Kaepernick.

Kut (won't hold his breath)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sure, you can keep on telling yourself that...but the whole world can recognize an ignominious, face-saving retreat when they see it. Somebody got handed their butts on this one. "It" now joins battered women, hungry children, and a litany of other social ills on the roster of things the NFL pays lip service to - so the fans can get back to the low-brow business of watching people play a game.

The fact that "Trump" was the catalyst who turned the tide on it, just rubs salt in the wound.

And you can bet the dudes with the leftist girlfriends ain't genuinely one bit happy about that. Because to them, adding police brutality to the NFL's public service punch-list isn't what this was all about; it was about the televised opportunity to get up in the grille of a bunch of white folk whom they have been led to believe are the willfully ignorant, "un-woke" recipients of some "bloody heirloom" of institutional racism, and troll them in a public place where they normally just go for entertainment.

...but then again...you're the last person in the world I needed to explain "that" to...aren't you?
    She should have had him protesting wife beating to show some real courage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom