• oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Well...

The article that you linked to is from a leftist site called "Check Mate", and is actually pro tree hugger, debunking the loss of 14 million trees on the name of wind farms. It states that the 14 million were cut down over the span of 20 years (2000-2020). During the same time period, the article states, 272 millions trees were planted in Scotland.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Well...

The article that you linked to is from a leftist site called "Check Mate", and is actually pro tree hugger, debunking the loss of 14 million trees on the name of wind farms. It states that the 14 million were cut down over the span of 20 years (2000-2020). During the same time period, the article states, 272 millions trees were planted in Scotland.
    So, net good or net bad? I read it as Checkmate was a "fact checker" and they fact-checked this as not true. But the details are apparently true, 14M trees were harvested but it was "net good" per this "fact checker". My worthless take? Excessive number of trees are being removed for wind farms in the name of "green". I guess it's net-neutral if accounting for the planting of trees to replace those harvested for wind. I guess.

Did Scotland axe 14 million trees to make way for wind farms?

A US news website with ties to the oil and gas industry has selectively plucked information from a years-old news article about Scotland's efforts to tackle climate change, driving a fresh wave of misinformation about renewable energy.

In recent days, hundreds of social media posts have alleged that 14 million trees were chopped down in Scotland to make way for wind farms.

"Environmental madness", one widely shared tweet reads. "Scotland launched a number of wind turbine projects in an obsessive quest to cash in on renewables.

"The real tragedy is the destruction of 14 million trees, the mind-numbing hypocrisy of climate zealots, a hoax created by the UN."

Other posts, meanwhile, suggest the 14 million trees had been cut down "since 2020".

But that's not the full story.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This seems like a good place to post this. I think I'm in love.

Blonde, Check.
    Cute butt, Check.
    Knows how to take care of whiny liberal protestors, DOUBLE CHECK!

Those people just need a pocket full of zip ties, use them to attach the protestors to the nearest post, sign, whatever that gets them off the road.

Top Bottom