Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My 64 Dodge had fender well headers so mufflers were under the doors. Easy to pull but painful if done in a hurry and hot. I had a large soup can we put the bolts in to keep in one place next to the mufflers on the side of the road. Run your race/races and put the cool muffs/bolts back in the car.
    Had maybe 8 cars set up to race on the south side. I did my usual hot tune up. Pulled mufflers and set off to the side.
    Pulled air breathers and moved the distributer to a preset mark. My turn came. I kicked ass and took my money. Walked over to get my muffs and the bolts were gone. Yup some smart ass took them.
    Drove back to the west side at 1:00-ish AM open headers. A 426 Hemi is pissed off and impossible to casually cruise. I made it but the neighbors all around me were not pleased. And I heard about it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    He did not tub the body to get the tires under it and to clear the Zoomies the tail up stance was required but I agree.
    But as I have come to learn too each their very own.
    Oh, I would loose the wheelie bars also but it is his hot rod.
    I agree. To each their own. But it isn't going to stop me from interjecting how I would like it better.:)

Top Bottom