• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sounds like that's the case.

"Fetal tissue can be used in biomedical research for transplantation material and other purposes, but is more often connected to the creation of “immortalized” cell lines. Immortalized cell lines are established by culturing fetal cells in such a way that they continue growing and multiplying in laboratory dishes indefinitely. These cells can then be used for such activities as testing a drug’s ability to damage genetic material or to test the effects of specific viral infection. "

Part of the calculus should/must include the good that could come from the sin. Kinda like penance.

How many lives are being saved? We are all sinners in (at least) one way or another.

The Apostle Paul followed a path that started in sin.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So what is your opinion about german companies that willingly used jewish slave labor during The Two? After all, it was 'events that took place decades ago'

The point being that distance in the past has little bearing on certain issues and some things cannot be forgiven. To drink from a tainted well is to poison yourself
    Could this analogy be widened to include any company that used slave labor or is there something particular about the german companies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Further, let's also face the reality that the water of baptism is no vaccine against virtue signalling on certain issues, with abortion being a prominent one.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Could this analogy be widened to include any company that used slave labor or is there something particular about the german companies.
    Well, if you want to make an emotional point, it's hard to surpass the Holocaust.

And I don't see this as a railroad track switch issue. (you know, the old "who do you let die" thing)
    The murder was done; I strongly agree that the policy should be no more new lines.

Not to get gristly, but AFAIK, no abortions were preformed with gathering cells as the intent. (Yes, in my mind that makes a difference)
    If someone is murdered, and their kidney goes to a recipient, I've never heard any chastisements of that.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Further, let's also face the reality that the water of baptism is no vaccine against virtue signalling on certain issues, with abortion being a prominent one.
    Too true. The loudest "nine month pro-lifers" come from that camp.

Yes, I did just come up with that term. :)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I admit I am not a bioethics scholar. Actually I am not a scholar :)

But here is my first take at a personal opinion. I think I would generalize this adults also.

Aborted babies are martyrs. They are saints. From the blood of saints come miracles. From the relics of saints comes healing.

I couldn't see myself doing anything that would promote the furtherance of abortion or the creation of saints by martyrdom.

But I don't see that the sacrifices already made should be in vain.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If nothing else, this last year has taught me how be accepting and open of differences on issues and extending grace.

To those that hold beliefs different from you, so long as they are not a Christian zealot.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :wow: just :wow:

Being ardently anti murder is damaging to the wittness of Christ.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :wow: just :wow:

Being ardently anti murder is damaging to the wittness of Christ.
    Where are you getting this? When did I say that?
    Have I said something that offended you? I certainly don't mean to do so.

Seriously, if you have something to say, or discuss, please do so. I'm really not liking all these one line attacks. Other threads? I can understand it, but in a thread for Believers? What gives?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It seemed to me that you were saying that you are accepting and open to differences and extending grace, to people that held opinions contrary to G-ds Word.

Whereas in person I will be very polite to a person, I feel that there is no room for compromise of my principles here.

One liners, sorry, I am a pretty good communicator face to face. However I am a very poor typist and not a very good writer.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It seemed to me that you were saying that you are accepting and open to differences and extending grace, to people that held opinions contrary to G-ds Word.

Whereas in person I will be very polite to a person, I feel that there is no room for compromise of my principles here.

One liners, sorry, I am a pretty good communicator face to face. However I am a very poor typist and not a very good writer.
    Thanks, Tom. If we don't get together on this side of heaven, then we'll have pineapple pizza together up there. ;)

As to abortion, I'm pretty solid on it being clearly murder and not a discretionary doctrine. I have no problem with tell people that - or other hot-button issues like the traditional view of marriage. There's no room for compromise on those.

We can all agree that being a good witness includes pointing out that God is just, and his morals are absolute and unchanging.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I admit I am not a bioethics scholar. Actually I am not a scholar :)

But here is my first take at a personal opinion. I think I would generalize this adults also.

Aborted babies are martyrs. They are saints. From the blood of saints come miracles. From the relics of saints comes healing.

I couldn't see myself doing anything that would promote the furtherance of abortion or the creation of saints by martyrdom.

But I don't see that the sacrifices already made should be in vain.
    Sometimes do you think that aborted babies got their ride through here without having to prove themselves because of being prequalified?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sometimes do you think that aborted babies got their ride through here without having to prove themselves because of being prequalified?
    It's a tough one, the "age of consent" and all that.

I've struggled with that for years - my older brother died as an infant. To date, I've accepted the answer of "no clear answer". Whatever the answer, I'm willing accept God's sovereignty.

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    If a healthy adult is murdered and is an organ donator, is my sick wife to refuse the kidney that might save her life because of how they died?

There is huge difference between killing someone to harvest organs or cells and saving lives after a tragedy made those organs/cells available. At least there is to me.

Maybe organ donation cards should have a rider that prevents donation if the death is as a result of intentional violence.

Top Bottom