• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Got it. Not a ban. Trying to appease some uncomfortable folks without losing business. I get it. They are a business trying to make money. They want to sell products to both sides - not get in the middle of a political battle. Understand. Even - dare I say it - sympathize.

Purposely being inconsiderate of people and shoving your rights in their faces - bad form.

I don't like "gay pride" parades either, though politically I couldn't care less what they do - I don't want it shoved in my face.

Preachers on street corners screaming the gospel I think is off-putting even though I too am a Christian, just don't think it's effective in this culture and it paints me with a brush stroke that's inaccurate.

Blaring rap music to the point it rattles the windows of my truck ticks me off too even though it may be in a place where there are no noise ordnances - i don't like that kind of music and resent it forced in my face - puts me off.

Lots of things are legal, but not polite or smart.

I feel better now.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Ding! Doing photo ops and masking it under the rights of the people is dead wrong, period.
    Then immediately run to the web crying foul to the gun community when youre asked to leave.

I understand that we all must fight to ensure the integrity of the 2A but this aint it. Chipotle and Starbucks are in the business of making money, not hosting political demonstrations. Also, its unfair to try to force them to do so.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Private property. Private wallets. Free markets. Free choices. Free minds. To be fair, I've only been to Chipotle once and was not at all impressed. At all. So it's not as though I'll have to go out of my way to 'boycott'. But I will continue not eating there, if that counts.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Private property. Private wallets. Free markets. Free choices. Free minds. To be fair, I've only been to Chipotle once and was not at all impressed. At all. So it's not as though I'll have to go out of my way to 'boycott'. But I will continue not eating there, if that counts.

REPORTED.

Years ago, before there was a Chipotle in Ft. Wayne, I'd have them smuggled in from Ohio.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Got it. Not a ban. Trying to appease some uncomfortable folks without losing business. I get it. They are a business trying to make money. They want to sell products to both sides - not get in the middle of a political battle. Understand. Even - dare I say it - sympathize.

Purposely being inconsiderate of people and shoving your rights in their faces - bad form.

I don't like "gay pride" parades either, though politically I couldn't care less what they do - I don't want it shoved in my face.

Preachers on street corners screaming the gospel I think is off-putting even though I too am a Christian, just don't think it's effective in this culture and it paints me with a brush stroke that's inaccurate.

Blaring rap music to the point it rattles the windows of my truck ticks me off too even though it may be in a place where there are no noise ordnances - i don't like that kind of music and resent it forced in my face - puts me off.

Lots of things are legal, but not polite or smart.

I feel better now.

In addition to the turkeys, if allowed to stay, may cause them to lose alcohol license - which mean lost customers and lost renvenue.
    This likely does not apply to CC as they are probably not a 51% business (which would also mean CC is prohibited in TX code), if they are so posted (and it must be posted, IIRC)

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Texas Gun Rights Groups Issue Statement on Open Carry, Clarify Stance on Long Gun Carry

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Come and Take It Texas, Texas Carry, Gun Rights Across America and Open Carry Texas Joint Statement on OC of Long Arms – May 21, 2014
    Over the past year, our members have done what no other organization has been able to do – put open carry at the forefront of the fight to restore gun rights for all Texans. As we have grown, we have had to adjust our efforts based on lessons learned through hundreds of open carry events, big and small.
    Looking back, it has become clear that there is one area in which we have gotten the most resistance and suffered the largest setbacks: open carry of long arms into private businesses. This is not a new phenomenon. Early on, because of our efforts, the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) sent a message to all TABC licensees warning them about allowing our members to open carry into their businesses. This resulted in places like Smashburger asking us to leave our guns at home. Since then, Starbucks, Wendy’s, Jack In The Box, Applebees and most recently, Chipotle have come out asking we not carry our firearms into their establishments.
    Whereas, our mission is to get open carry of handguns passed in Texas, we must once again adjust in a way that shines a positive light on our efforts, our members, and our respective organizations. We are humbly and emphatically imploring our members to cease taking long arms into corporate businesses unless invited. Black Powder revolvers have proven to be very effective and align with our goal of legalizing open carry with a handgun. We do understand that not everyone will be able to afford one, but if you can, we are requesting you do so. Almost every leader has gone to Black powder for a reason. It works.
    For all further open carry walks with long guns, we are adopting the following unified protocol and general policy to best ensure meeting our respective legislative mission to legalize open carry:
    1) Always notify local law enforcement prior to the walk, especially the day of.
    2) Carry Flags and signs during your walk to increase awareness.
    3) Carry the long gun on a sling, not held.
    4) Do not go into corporate businesses without prior permission, preferably not at all.
    5) If asked to leave, do so quietly and do not make it a problem.
    6) Do not post pics publicly if you do get permission and are able to OC in a cooperate business.
    7) Do not go into businesses with TABC signs posted with a long gun (Ever).
    8) If at all possible, keep to local small businesses that are 2A friendly.
    We ask that members take a step back and make an objective assessment of what we are trying to accomplish and help us to get open carry passed for everyone. We must be willing and able to recognize what works and what doesn’t, but we need your help to make these efforts a success. It will be very difficult to spin holstered, black powder revolvers into a negative story. This is the goal we are currently striving for, open carry of handguns. We know everyone is working hard for this cause. It is simply time to focus on what has been proven to work. The conversation has shifted from open carry of handguns to rifles in businesses, negating our efforts and distracting us from our mission.
    We are winning. Because we are winning, we have come under increased scrutiny by media and politicians. Let’s use that spotlight and make the most positive impact we can!
    Carry on!
    CJ Grisham, Terry Holcomb, Sr, Murdoch Pizgotti, Eric Reed
    Open Carry Texas, Texas Carry, CATI-TX, GRAA

BETTER?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I agree - I comment to the source and said

"and don't tweet your opposition your OC activities and hand them easy targets" ... sheesh ... I hope the members and sub-groups get it.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI

Gee, I 'wonder' why Chipotle's made the decision it did?

dT1hSFIwY0Rvdkx6TmpMVzFoYVd4amIyMHRiSGhoTG5ObGNuWmxjaTVzWVc0dmJXRnBiQzlqYkdsbGJuUXZhVzUwWlhKdVlXd3ZZWFIwWVdOb2JXVnVkQzlrYjNkdWJHOWhaQzkwWVhSME1GOHhMUzB0ZEcxaGFURXpOekE1WWprMVpEWmtORFkyT0RZN2FuTmxjM05wYjI1cFpEMUNSRFl4T0VGQlJqaEVPREV5TkRRek1qSkdNVFkwT0VVek9ETTRSVFpGUXkxdU1TNXNlR0V4TkdJJGMyVnNaV04wYVc5dVBYUm1iMnd4TWpFek16bG1NVGM1WW1JeVpUZ3kmdz04MDAmaD02MDAmcT03NSZ0PTE0MDA4ODM2MjQ_

Don't know about other forum members, but if I walked in, not having any idea of what these guys were doing, and the first thing I saw was the shorter idiot (right) walking around Chipotle's like that, he'd have at least one gun pointed at him. That rifle is loaded, and 'at the ready', in hand.

This isn't a 'game', and it isn't "Jackass - The Movie". IF these idiots were 'just making a political statement', this was completely irresponsible. IF they were NOT, it was even more irresponsible.

This stupidity has now been perpetrated at least at Starbucks, Cracker Barrel, and Chipotle's. And it's worked out the same way each time. Which does 'harm' responsible gun owners. PLUS, they're intentionally alienating the very people from whom they're claiming to seek support.

Does anyone have "the RIGHT!!" to do this? No, they do not. No, they don't. No. They don't.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

Gee, I 'wonder' why Chipotle's made the decision it did?

dT1hSFIwY0Rvdkx6TmpMVzFoYVd4amIyMHRiSGhoTG5ObGNuWmxjaTVzWVc0dmJXRnBiQzlqYkdsbGJuUXZhVzUwWlhKdVlXd3ZZWFIwWVdOb2JXVnVkQzlrYjNkdWJHOWhaQzkwWVhSME1GOHhMUzB0ZEcxaGFURXpOekE1WWprMVpEWmtORFkyT0RZN2FuTmxjM05wYjI1cFpEMUNSRFl4T0VGQlJqaEVPREV5TkRRek1qSkdNVFkwT0VVek9ETTRSVFpGUXkxdU1TNXNlR0V4TkdJJGMyVnNaV04wYVc5dVBYUm1iMnd4TWpFek16bG1NVGM1WW1JeVpUZ3kmdz04MDAmaD02MDAmcT03NSZ0PTE0MDA4ODM2MjQ_

Don't know about other forum members, but if I walked in, not having any idea of what these guys were doing, and the first thing I saw was the shorter idiot (right) walking around Chipotle's like that, he'd have at least one gun pointed at him. That rifle is loaded, and 'at the ready', in hand.

This isn't a 'game', and it isn't "Jackass - The Movie". IF these idiots were 'just making a political statement', this was completely irresponsible. IF they were NOT, it was even more irresponsible.

This stupidity has now been perpetrated at least at Starbucks, Cracker Barrel, and Chipotle's. And it's worked out the same way each time. Which does 'harm' responsible gun owners. PLUS, they're intentionally alienating the very people from whom they're claiming to seek support.

Does anyone have "the RIGHT!!" to do this? No, they do not. No, they don't. No. They don't.

I can't believe what I am reading. You are part of the problem. You are stating you would point your firearm at an individual for clearly posing for a picture? No, he shouldn't have his hand on it, and if you saw this and then put your hand on yours, no problem. But pointing your firearm? That sir is irresponsible. There have been others that have stated this, and at the same time believe they are more responsible. You are willing to point your firearm at someone posing for a picture, yet this short guy is the idiot.:dunno:

This isn't just a statement at you, but to everyone that thinks the same as you or have stated it.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I know our FB posts from IMAGC do not always 'stay' in people's news feeds and often go un-seen even by dedicated followers
    this includes some of you ...- (is is partly due to FB's ever-changing algorithms, base on their liberal values)

so here is a link to our most recent post (PART I) which is on the Chipotle OCTx stuff ... with latest info we had.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl/posts/622461211179111

Thanks to those of you willing to venture to FB and double to those liking and sharing it there to help reach the 'non-INGO' community at large.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I read somewhere that the Texas Open Carry people want to educate the Pizza Hut people next on the issue of open rifle carry, so prepare to put them on the list as well. Which sucks because I actually do eat there occasionally.
    Aren't the corporate owners of pizza-hut the same *******s who fired an employee for shooting an armed robber in the GFZ he worked at, about a year ago? I recall it was "local"--kokomo or muncie? That should move them to the top of the boycott list.

Top Bottom