• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I read somewhere that the Texas Open Carry people want to educate the Pizza Hut people next on the issue of open rifle carry, so prepare to put them on the list as well. Which sucks because I actually do eat there occasionally.

I'm fine with that one. In fact, I'll just go ahead and start boycotting them now.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Let's boycott a business for trying to make the best of a PR nightmare that they were forced into!! Yeah! That will advance our cause! Screw them for excercising their rights!

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    If the manager would have just taken off his apron, grabbed a pair of those Vegan balls and got the mean chick using the chef's knife to back him up this whole thing could have been handled at the store level and been done with.

How does Chipotle plan to protect all its unarmed sheeple if the person in charge cannot even deal with a couple of morons?

There were more than 2 (If I understand correctly from other photos) - also an article I saw some where - THEY ASKED THE MANAGER if it was OK to come in ARMED. - ... ??? WHUT? yeah. ... you're right - if it was a problem at the local level - then boot them out. - this one doesn't even have the Jack in the Box - psuedo police call tied to it. - who exactly was upset?

and which thread about this am I in again.?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Let's boycott a business for trying to make the best of a PR nightmare that they were forced into!! Yeah! That will advance our cause! Screw them for excercising their rights!

They had another choice: They could have remained silent and neutral instead of being bullied into it.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    They had another choice: They could have remained silent and neutral instead of being bullied into it.
    Perhaps, but I still won't fault them. The rest of you are going to waste most of your time managing your list of places to boycott. I'm just going to live my life. I highly doubt boycotts will advance our cause. Mostly because I doubt they will even notice they are being boycotted. Do you all think that your boycotts are really going to affect their same store comp sales?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Perhaps, but I still won't fault them. The rest of you are going to waste most of your time managing your list of places to boycott. I'm just going to live my life. I highly doubt boycotts will advance our cause. Mostly because I doubt they will even notice they are being boycotted. Do you all think that your boycotts are really going to affect their same store comp sales?

This is far from an "organized" boycott, by any means... for a couple of reasons. Mainly, because they didn't ban guns. If there was an actual ban that they chose to impose... you would probably see more outcry from our side of the media for an actual boycott.

Another reason: Conservatives aren't really the ones that boycott. That's more of a lefty thing. We usually stage "buycotts", much like the Chik Fil A situation. You could barely park within a half-mile of any Chik Fil A on that day.

The idea of a boycott of Chipotle is silly. No, we aren't going to make a noticable impact without majority support and media coverage. But, we can certainly choose to stop patronizing them. I think those are choices a lot of us make here on INGO... We don't patronize where we aren't wanted. I just would hesitate to go as far as to call it a "boycott"

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011

Not in the least. But there are other places to eat that have not asked me to disarm before I dine. I conceal, and they'd never be the wiser, but I choose to respect their wishes and give my business to someone else.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Last Supper

I highly doubt boycotts will advance our cause. Mostly because I doubt they will even notice they are being boycotted. Do you all think that your boycotts are really going to affect their same store comp sales?

You are right, the corporate graphs and charts and the twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows will never show any impact by gun owners boycotting. A bad weather day probably has a bigger impact.

Another reason: Conservatives aren't really the ones that boycott. That's more of a lefty thing. We usually stage "buycotts", much like the Chik Fil A situation. You could barely park within a half-mile of any Chik Fil A on that day.

If gun owners went to Chipotle on a certain day to buy their last meal there and let the manager know their displeasure with the new policy then when corporate looked at all their data it would stand out that they lost a decent chunk of customers and the revenue they will not be spending anymore.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Why are we mad at Chipotle and Starbucks but we are ok when the LGS asks us to disarm before entering? Hypocrisy? Apathy? What is it that makes it different?

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Why are we mad at Chipotle and Starbucks but we are ok when the LGS asks us to disarm before entering? Hypocrisy? Apathy? What is it that makes it different?

You must be talking to others, because I am not ok with that. I am glad they are able to exercise their private property rights, and I am glad I can take my business elsewhere.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

LGS - Local Gun shops, or local gun shows?

If shops - I've never been asked to disarm when entering one... Didn't know that was a common thing? Granted, I'd just abide by the JFC clause.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    You must be talking to others, because I am not ok with that. I am glad they are able to exercise their private property rights, and I am glad I can take my business elsewhere.
    It was a general question. My understanding is that Bradis asks you to disarm, but it is regarded as the best LGS in the state. I've not been there, so I may be misinformed.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    LGS - Local Gun shops, or local gun shows?

If shops - I've never been asked to disarm when entering one... Didn't know that was a common thing? Granted, I'd just abide by the JFC clause.
    There's one in Noblesville with a sign asking you to disarm. I don't go there.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I don't believe he was carrying the rifle at the low and ready in Chipotle, but was only posing for a pic like that. Could be wrong though. His friend in the picture wasn't touching it.
    Isn't posing for a pic with it low and ready in a restaurant irresponsible? Would you unholster your sidearm and pose for a pic with it? Also, unless we have video there is no way to know if he only held it low and ready for the pic. The only visual evidence I have seen shows the rifle in his hands.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Isn't posing for a pic with it low and ready in a restaurant irresponsible? Would you unholster your sidearm and pose for a pic with it? Also, unless we have video there is no way to know if he only held it low and ready for the pic. The only visual evidence I have seen shows the rifle in his hands.

I would say it isn't smart. However, posing for a picture and walking around with it at the low and ready are two entirely different subjects. We don't know because we weren't there. As I have stated many times, leave your guns holstered/slung and don't touch them unless the need arises. At least that is what I do.

Top Bottom