• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Just went to Chipotle yesterday. Apparently the local branch didn't get the memo, because there were no signs.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    If I pulled up to Chipotle and saw a group of people standing inside with rifles, I wouldn't go in and go somewhere else to eat. I would have no way of knowing who they are, if they had good intentions or bad, and have enough sense not to go inside to find out. I've carried a hand gun almost every day since I was legal to do so but I believe it is a tool used to help ensure the safety of myself and those I care for, not a prop for taking selfies out in public . Ass hats like this are doing nothing but hurting our cause, and are forcing businesses that don't give a flying **** about guns into a PR circus. Starbucks and Chipotle want one thing, money. If they think more of their customers will feel safer without people posing with firearms inside their stores than in favor of it, they're going to do what they feel is most profitable.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Just went to Chipotle yesterday. Apparently the local branch didn't get the memo, because there were no signs.

Like with Starbucks - there will be probably not be any signs - it is a request - not a mandate or policy.
    It will be meaningless here in Indiana, unless you do the dumb stuff these guy and the 20 or so folks with them did.
    LIKE - sending a TWEET directly to "THE OPPOSITION" (tagged for MdA ... hmmm) - so so dumb.

and upon further evaluation - one made more reasonably and "DIRECTLY" at the location where the Open Carry event occurred.

A link posted in one of the other threads indicates that in TX (where this happened) it is ILLEGAL for one to Open Carry (Long Guns) in an
    establishment that serves alcohol or that establishment can FORFEIT their license to sell alcohol ...
    These guys BLEW IT on that account, by not knowing the rules which they had to work in.

(and yes, I'd been more supportive of them otherwise, pointing out facts on the issues related to their goals and how this is being played out in the media;
    further facts and now knowing that they broke the rules changes the game, IMO) ...

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Rallys and demontrations that are unannounced by guys with rifles, with their finger at the ready position, will get an angry response from this staunch supporter of the 2A.

Im with Chipotle on this. These trendy "hey look at me, Im excercising my rights" thing is getting old.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Rallys and demontrations that are unannounced by guys with rifles, with their finger at the ready position, will get an angry response from this staunch supporter of the 2A.

Im with Chipotle on this. These trendy "hey look at me, Im excercising my rights" thing is getting old.

I was way over it with the starbucks thing. really....WTF is this doing but setting us back. If you want to show off you gear go to an organized shoot.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Just sent this e-mail to them...

My family and I would like to let you know that since you have publicly turned your establishments into psycho free fire zones we will no longer eat at Chipotle. We are very disappointed in your lack of support for the constitutional rights of American citizens.
    Apparently, keeping criminals safe is more important to you. We choose not to participate in your promotion of victims.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oh, Chipotle...how I love your burritos the size of a chihuahua's head.

I think what they really meant to do is make a policy banning attention wh0re posers...but that would have affected most of their teen and hipster clientele as well, so.....

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Oh, Chipotle...how I love your burritos the size of a chihuahua's head.

I think what they really meant to do is make a policy banning attention wh0re posers...but that would have affected most of their teen and hipster clientele as well, so.....

I very much enjoy Chipotle as well. Delicious food. However, there are other places with delicious food where I can spend my money. If they had asked individuals to not bring long guns into their locations, I would have been ok with it. But they didn't

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I very much enjoy Chipotle as well. Delicious food. However, there are other places with delicious food where I can spend my money. If they had asked individuals to not bring long guns into their locations, I would have been ok with it. But they didn't

They could just ask Texans to obey all the law too ... so they don't lose their license to operate ... IIRC ... Chipotle sells alcoholic beverages ...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Because some nutjob* with a tacticool SKS thinks it'd be fun to pose for photos with his friends at low ready in a burrito joint.

They put Chipotle between a rock and a hard place. Accept the mall ninjas' rights and take flack from the "Moms" or condemn them a take heat from some gun owners. I really can't fault them that much. And as a shareholder and burrito lover, I will continue to discretely carry** in their restaurants.

* Nutjob: someone with more firepower than common sense. And since he's carrying an SKS, his firepower is pretty low; so his common sense has to be miniscule.

** OC can be discrete too.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If I pulled up to Chipotle and saw a group of people standing inside with rifles, I wouldn't go in and go somewhere else to eat. I would have no way of knowing who they are, if they had good intentions or bad, and have enough sense not to go inside to find out. I've carried a hand gun almost every day since I was legal to do so but I believe it is a tool used to help ensure the safety of myself and those I care for, not a prop for taking selfies out in public . Ass hats like this are doing nothing but hurting our cause, and are forcing businesses that don't give a flying **** about guns into a PR circus. Starbucks and Chipotle want one thing, money. If they think more of their customers will feel safer without people posing with firearms inside their stores than in favor of it, they're going to do what they feel is most profitable.

I probably wouldn't go in, either. Now... if there was a group standing inside and out, with signs, etc., sure, I might, but with rifles alone? I don't know if that's a robbery or whatever, and I'm not sticking around to find out. One further consideration, as remote as it might be: If you were sitting in a fast-food restaurant (or in the aisles at a Stop-n-Rob) and saw someone enter carrying a firearm, would not it peg your SA meter? Would you be likely to draw or make a move to make doing so easier, in an effort to neutralize the threat?

It all depends on circumstances, of course, but that's a real possibility that SOMEone would do so. Suddenly, the possibility (again, remote) of a "shoot-out" becomes a little bit less remote. There are some folks out there that concern me when they exercise their rights. I don't advocate moving to limit their exercise of them, they just concern me. This is not limited to the 2A, BTW. Irresponsible "journalists" come to mind, as do religious practitioners that seek to quash others' actions with which they don't agree.

As BBI said a few days ago, totality of circumstances is a big factor. The guys coming in with rifles in hand are but one factor. How they are moving, what they're doing, their general mannerisms... all of those things factor in... as well as if they come in, get their food, and sit down to eat, vs. grab (pay) and go away. To use Cooper's color code, I would be in "orange" at a minimum until I was satisfied they were not a threat.

(and for those who don't know, that means I've identified a specific potential threat, made a plan of action, and am ready to carry it out. Rifle-to-shoulder or otherwise brought to bear on someone would be my likely "line in the sand" to act, although I might have chosen to leave, quickly, before that point. Other actions are possible, but none I can foresee right now, not in the situation.)

YMMV.

Blessings,
    Bill

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    This is why we can't have nice things.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy into this line of thinking, unlike everyone on this board. Those who place restrictions on people's rights are the ones to blame. Do we have idiots in the gun owners community? Absolutely. Let's not place the blame on them exercising their rights, however. Let's blame the individuals that actually tighten the chains.

Top Bottom