• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I also meant to tell you guys....I was gum bumping with a salesman yesterday while waiting for paperwork. He told me that they are buying used cars as quick as they can, whether you trade or just sell. Keep in mind this was a Hyundai dealer......but he said they have 1000's of new cars allotted to them when they get chips. He told me he thought we would see some killer deals on vehicles this winter or next Spring.

Last week Chevy commercial salesman called me because he had a 3500HD coming in he thought I may want.....it was a white custom...and I passed. He told me he had over 100 2021 Chevy 2500HD's allotted to his dealership that will deliver when chips arrive, he wouldn't tell me exact number but said well over 100 and way less than 1000. Now you think if every dealer has this many allotted.....I think we are gonna get some deals on 2021 HD trucks this winter or early Spring, or whenever chip crisis subsides. But are people gonna be waiting??

You think about it and the 2022's are already being ordered now, with production to begin soon and them due on lots in October (if they get chips). SO not only will the dealers be inundated with 2021 HD's.......they will have all the 2022's rolling off the line. There should be a huge supply over demand issue. The market never let's things get out of whack, it always corrects with supply and demand equalization. I think we will see some huge deals to get this inventory off the lots and cash in the manufactures hand. Gonna be big buyer incentives as well as dealer incentives to get them sold.

Plywood and building lumber should do the same thing, but probably much later and slower. I heard the largest producer of OSB and framing materials is increasing production 300% to meet demand.......when that supply hits the market, we should see lumber prices pull back, because at some point supply will beat demand and price will adjust. A lot of the building material increases were just a perfect storm aligning. Lumber tariffs, beetles, production plant switches from the North to new mills in the South, glue shortage, new home demand, low interest rates....it will work itself out with time. I bet in 2023, lumber prices will be same or cheaper than they were in 2019. Now we must remember, the employees will be making more $ per hour......so that may effect pricing some.

Anyhow......sorry to ramble with my "predictions". Just thought I would pass along my feelings on what truck prices may do later on after listening to these salesmen. You guys have any thoughts on this?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Anyone who has a car that they want to trade or sell should do it now. Used car and truck values are through the roof. I had a 2017 Ford Escape that I wanted to get rid of, but being a Ford, the blue book value plummeted on it every 10 miles driven. I looked up the blue book value recently and it was around $3000 more than it was last year. That thing was gone the next day, sold it to a dealer.

Once the chip shortage ends and new models are more readily available, I think retail and trade-in values will come down on used cars and trucks.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It really has nothing to do with being stingy as much as not being loaded. It has to do with having a little common sense.
    I spend enough on cigarettes every month to pay my mortgage or a new truck payment
    I don't think I'll be attending your personal finance workshop.

:):

Good deal on the Hyundai, though. You'll enjoy it. My son has a 2018 Sonata Limited, great car and lots of equipment that you won't find on other makes for the same price. A Chevy Malibu is not even in the same ballpark, value or quality wise. The warranty on the Hyundai also can't be beat, and unlike the dirtbags at GM dealerships (speaking from experience), Hyundai will actually honor their warranty.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    You forgot the abomination that has the Chevy Blazer name attached. Not a big Ford fan either, but at least the new Bronco is what a Bronco should be.
    You know i actually dont think the blazer is an abomination. I know thats not a popular take in the auto community as everyone was hoping (i think) for a k5 style blazer. Which no doubt would be very cool but the blazer/jimmy ended its life as an s10/sonoma suv and not the cool k5 blazer. I think the new blazer is better or at least better looking than the s10 platform blazer.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You know i actually dont think the blazer is an abomination. I know thats not a popular take in the auto community as everyone was hoping (i think) for a k5 style blazer. Which no doubt would be very cool but the blazer/jimmy ended its life as an s10/sonoma suv and not the cool k5 blazer. I think the new blazer is better or at least better looking than the s10 platform blazer.
    It could be a great vehicle. Just seems like a waste of the Blazer name to me.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Well, that car won't be bothering me anymore. Traded it for a new Hyundai Sonato SEL. Got $16,000 trade for that hunk of chit and it saved me like $1000 in sales tax. Got new car $4000 under MSRP. Hell, I only paid $19,000 for my Malibu new and drove it 3 1/2 years....they docked me $500 trade in because it is a smoker vehicle. I hid the ashtrays and smokes....sprayed spray and they still smelled it, them things must really stink.

Anyhow.......hate that I got rid of it when it was paid for, but glad it's gone.
    I'm glad to hear this, I think you made a good decision. I've heard they're good honoring warranty work, but hopefully you won't have to find out.

I am a huge GM fan, but they haven't been putting out a quality small car for quite awhile.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Just thought I would give an update on this Hyundai Sonato I traded for. So far, I really like this car. I got about 2000 miles on it now, after taking it to Michigan. I got 39.4 MPG on that trip....and 80-85% of the time was 80-85MPH. I have not really found anything I don't like about this car. I like how it don't have start stop feature, or at least I have not figured out how to turn it on. Love the engine compartment, so simple looking compared to a lil turbo. I got all kinds of extra room under my hood.

One thing I will mention........is the so called "safety" features. This no hands needed driving is scary stuff....not sure what they think is "safe" about it. It has lane detection, auto steer, crash avoidance and adaptive cruise control.........you can set all them features and speed at 85MPH and it does everything. I made a joke that it is a drunk drivers dream (until you enter construction zone). Makes me nervous as hell, so I leave that stuff turned off other than adaptive cruise, I like that....it is very cool.

But anyhow.......to those who persuaded me to get rid of that other turd, thank you........and to those who led me toward a Hyundai, thank you as well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This no hands needed driving is scary stuff....not sure what they think is "safe" about it. It has lane detection, auto steer, crash avoidance and adaptive cruise control.........you can set all them features and speed at 85MPH and it does everything. I made a joke that it is a drunk drivers dream (until you enter construction zone). Makes me nervous as hell, so I leave that stuff turned off other than adaptive cruise, I like that....it is very cool.
    I never even use cruise control on my vehicles. Of course most of my interstate driving is on 465 and turning on cruise control to drive half a mile or so before some idiot cuts me off and I have to hit the brakes seems like kind of a waste. I could see it if I were driving in Montana or something. :):

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I never even use cruise control on my vehicles. Of course most of my interstate driving is on 465 and turning on cruise control to drive half a mile or so before some idiot cuts me off and I have to hit the brakes seems like kind of a waste. I could see it if I were driving in Montana or something. :):
    That's the beauty of adaptive cruise.....and auto pilot. ️ You don't have to hit the brakes..........you just have to have nerves of steel and close your eyes. lmao......I am just kidding, kind of.

And to think..........they consider this a safety feature.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That's the beauty of adaptive cruise.....and auto pilot. ️ You don't have to hit the brakes..........you just have to have nerves of steel and close your eyes. lmao......I am just kidding, kind of.

And to think..........they consider this a safety feature.
    If I want that kind of thrill, I can just let DoggyMama drive! :lmfao:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My wife's car has adaptive cruise control but I've never used it and don't use the standard cruise control on mine, even when driving to FL.

Top Bottom