• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    SMH.... repeatedly.

I have been a mod here for almost six years. I've seen people do some massively idiotic things. The OP of this thread barely makes the needle twitch as far as idiocy goes. Gall, however... self-entitled, self-important, egoism....

I have news for you: You're not important enough for any of the staff to take a personal interest in removing YOUR threads... and for that matter, neither is anyone else. That's not an insult, it's a simple matter of time available and responsible modding. I might not like what someone has to say, but that alone is not reason to remove their post. If it violates a site rule, THAT is reason to act on it.

Mondomojo, you earned yourself a ban from one of the mod staff. I'm guessing from churchmouse, but I haven't looked to see. Here's a strong suggestion; call it words of advice, if you're willing to take it. Take a few deep breaths. Go out to the range and send a box or two of ammo down to let off some steam. We'll wait.

OK, you're back, and feeling more relaxed now? Good. Here's going to be the hard part. Sit out your ban and take what your actions earned you. It will be tempting to try to start a shill account, but please don't do that. The likelihood is very high that we'll find it and that temporary ban you have now will become permanent, for both accounts. Instead, take the time to read, get a little better feel for the site, and when you come back, do so with a relaxed attitude.

None of us like to lock someone out with a ban. We can, and we will, sometimes without hesitation, but we don't enjoy it. It's a last resort to which we turn when nothing else will prevent continued violations. This site thrives on discussion, even (especially!) open discussion, but do we need to have 200 new threads started about the shooting in VA today or about whatever news story caught 200 peoples' eyes? That's why threads get merged, or if nothing substantial is happening in them and another thread is ongoing and active on the same subject, they might get removed in favor of the one remaining.

Take the time you've been given. Read. Learn. Above all, relax. Again, all of this is unsolicited advice. You don't have to take it, I'm just strongly urging you to do so.... much as the other members suggested before you got your temp-ban. See you in October.

Blessings,
    Bill

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    SMH.... repeatedly.

I have been a mod here for almost six years. I've seen people do some massively idiotic things. The OP of this thread barely makes the needle twitch as far as idiocy goes. Gall, however... self-entitled, self-important, egoism....

I have news for you: You're not important enough for any of the staff to take a personal interest in removing YOUR threads... and for that matter, neither is anyone else. That's not an insult, it's a simple matter of time available and responsible modding. I might not like what someone has to say, but that alone is not reason to remove their post. If it violates a site rule, THAT is reason to act on it.

Mondomojo, you earned yourself a ban from one of the mod staff. I'm guessing from churchmouse, but I haven't looked to see. Here's a strong suggestion; call it words of advice, if you're willing to take it. Take a few deep breaths. Go out to the range and send a box or two of ammo down to let off some steam. We'll wait.

OK, you're back, and feeling more relaxed now? Good. Here's going to be the hard part. Sit out your ban and take what your actions earned you. It will be tempting to try to start a shill account, but please don't do that. The likelihood is very high that we'll find it and that temporary ban you have now will become permanent, for both accounts. Instead, take the time to read, get a little better feel for the site, and when you come back, do so with a relaxed attitude.

None of us like to lock someone out with a ban. We can, and we will, sometimes without hesitation, but we don't enjoy it. It's a last resort to which we turn when nothing else will prevent continued violations. This site thrives on discussion, even (especially!) open discussion, but do we need to have 200 new threads started about the shooting in VA today or about whatever news story caught 200 peoples' eyes? That's why threads get merged, or if nothing substantial is happening in them and another thread is ongoing and active on the same subject, they might get removed in favor of the one remaining.

Take the time you've been given. Read. Learn. Above all, relax. Again, all of this is unsolicited advice. You don't have to take it, I'm just strongly urging you to do so.... much as the other members suggested before you got your temp-ban. See you in October.

Blessings,
    Bill

:yesway:

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Son from the first post I knew this wasn't going to end well and really it ended better then I thought with a 30 day ban... Hmmmm, That's kind of light in my opinion but I'm not a MOD, But I do like popcorn so I mark this for later and see where it goes come Oct. ???? lol, Your just to kind CM and to even invite him to lunch, I just hope he don't want White Castles "Sliders" or this could get real bad .....????

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Son from the first post I knew this wasn't going to end well and really it ended better then I thought with a 30 day ban... Hmmmm, That's kind of light in my opinion but I'm not a MOD, But I do like popcorn so I mark this for later and see where it goes come Oct. ???? lol, Your just to kind CM and to even invite him to lunch, I just hope he don't want White Castles "Sliders" or this could get real bad .....????
    And to think I went to work today and come home to this... What a day for the MODS..... Job well done....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Now I can only see like 8 posts!!!! The others must have been deleted!!! WTH!!!?!!?!?!?!?
    You need to either turn up your ignore settings so you don't see them at all, or else turn it all the way down so you can see everything. Apparently yours is set to "mildly disinterested". :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, that's your REAL hair?! :):

Most of it......:):

It's amazing what they're doing with hair extensions these days.
    wink.png

Dang the mouse is getting roasted in here. What's up with that?

And, no comb-over?

Top Bottom