• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Seems the more i read the post on here its less about conversation and more about trolling and nit picking one another with the holier than thou attitude. Its amazing how many interpretations can come from one sentence. Ive only been here a week and felt like ive needed to break something down barney style more than a few times because someone wanted to question the way that i phrase something.

If you dont want new members here than lobby to keep "the good old boys club" like it is. Or dont let new members post since they are basically like E1 PVTs and clearly couldnt possibly know anything or have any informative views or knowledge to add.

I get the classified ads are a "bonus" but most likely i will follow the rules hit my 50 then stay out of conversations. I would rather spend my time working on, shooting, buying, and selling than arguing in the hen house. That being said opinions are like A______s, everyone has them and they stink.

Also no i will not just dish out the $20 and skip the posting. Same as i am on probation here, im testing the site and not willing to just throw money away.

You're going to fit right in here! As anti "social media" as I am I do enjoy watching some of the verbal sparring that goes on here. After awhile you'll be able to predict how certain members react to other members. Personally I've made it into a drinking game. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go get a fresh bottle of Sailor Jerry's before I head over to the political section!:rockwoot::alcoholic:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Once you get past the hen house it is a great place. And yes we could use the support. There are things in the wind that will be helped along by this.
    Naturally I push the support thing.

In my time here I have established so many friendships and reliable partners. It is the core of what we are about. Some see it as the good ole boys circle but that is not always the case. Vetting someone is part of it. The time it took for me to get established here was about a solid year or so. Then the perks kicked in. Actually meeting people in the real. Breaking bread and shooting not only the breeze with them but getting to handle and run some serious hardware as well.
    Folks will warm up to you. It takes time. We have been inundated with many who were just a tad flaky in the past.

Now as to calling us A******s that aint cool at all....:):

Dont do it again.

*******!:p

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You're going to fit right in here! As anti "social media" as I am I do enjoy watching some of the verbal sparring that goes on here. After awhile you'll be able to predict how certain members react to other members. Personally I've made it into a drinking game. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go get a fresh bottle of Sailor Jerry's before I head over to the political section!:rockwoot::alcoholic:

Agreed.

Oh.........................:p

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Seems the more i read the post on here its less about conversation and more about trolling and nit picking one another with the holier than thou attitude. Its amazing how many interpretations can come from one sentence. Ive only been here a week and felt like ive needed to break something down barney style more than a few times because someone wanted to question the way that i phrase something.

If you dont want new members here than lobby to keep "the good old boys club" like it is. Or dont let new members post since they are basically like E1 PVTs and clearly couldnt possibly know anything or have any informative views or knowledge to add.

I get the classified ads are a "bonus" but most likely i will follow the rules hit my 50 then stay out of conversations. I would rather spend my time working on, shooting, buying, and selling than arguing in the hen house. That being said opinions are like A______s, everyone has them and they stink.

Also no i will not just dish out the $20 and skip the posting. Same as i am on probation here, im testing the site and not willing to just throw money away.

I agree with USPatriot11B....

E1 PVTs clearly don't know anything. :):

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This whole thing about the "good 'ole boys club" gets kinda old. That's not really true at all. I've heard people say there's cliques and such. And in the truest sense of the meaning, there are. Like minded people tend to agree on a lot, and they post in agreement on things. That's just normal socialization. It's not bad unless those groups become factions and war with other factions. Maybe there is a little of that going on here, but it's not bad. Over in the political subforum people can get their feathers ruffled a little. But most people on INGO get along. What some people might think are serious rivals often are just having some fun. Sometimes, the 1911 INGOers even let the Glock fanbois sit at the adult table.

Much truth in the above.

USP11B-
    I understand how it can give the appearance of the good ‘ole boys. I get it. I’ve been there. I had the same thoughts when I started. Right up until I actually starting interacting with the members. It took a bit to break that wall. It took time and work, but the more people I met the more comfortable I was. INGO is the best online community I’ve found, as is true for others as they’ve shared. But I didn’t find that out until I put forth the effort to be part of that community. One side effect is that we can be protective of our community and cautious with new members.

So stick around, make the effort to get to know members and for them to know you. It’s worth it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I came here to eventually sell some stuff but got sucked into the local meet and eats and meet and shoots we have. After a while I hit my 50 but was more into the community then buying and selling. Now I'm on my 5th year of volunteering for the nwi youth shoot. I even helped get donations rolling for t shirts a few years ago to make us more professional looking. I've since passed that responsibility to someone else as we are having a baby in a week. I've done the secret santa and even gave away stuff in the pay it forward thread. Those of us here know who's here for only the classified by their postings. I skip those people when something catches my eye as every transaction I've had has turned into an hr meet even if I had to drive half the state to meet up.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Group dynamics are group dynamics whether it's in person or on the Internet. There are a lot of different theories, but only one rhymes: Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing.

Forming: that's where everyone is polite because we don't know each other. On the Internet that's about 5 minutes.

Storming: After the 5 minutes of politeness. We do this a lot here because of the influx of new members, plus there are some very strong viewpoints. It is a lot harder to get to know people without the non-verbals you can observe in person.

Norming: Either you get along with them, or they are on your ignore list. It is harder to get to know people online opposed to in-person. If you've broke bread with the INGOer (or met them in non-food related circumstances) it tends to be a different relationship than just knowing someone online.

Back to Storming!!: Somebody said something negative about 1911s/Glocks/Sigs/Colts/S&Ws/ARs/caliber of choice/carry gear/brand of carry ammo/you get the point.

Norming again: Cheeseburgers may be involved.

Performing: You know it when you see it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Group dynamics are group dynamics whether it's in person or on the Internet. There are a lot of different theories, but only one rhymes: Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing.

Forming: that's where everyone is polite because we don't know each other. On the Internet that's about 5 minutes.

Storming: After the 5 minutes of politeness. We do this a lot here because of the influx of new members, plus there are some very strong viewpoints. It is a lot harder to get to know people without the non-verbals you can observe in person.

Norming: Either you get along with them, or they are on your ignore list. It is harder to get to know people online opposed to in-person. If you've broke bread with the INGOer (or met them in non-food related circumstances) it tends to be a different relationship than just knowing someone online.

Back to Storming!!: Somebody said something negative about 1911s/Glocks/Sigs/Colts/S&Ws/ARs/caliber of choice/carry gear/brand of carry ammo/you get the point.

Norming again: Cheeseburgers may be involved.

Performing: You know it when you see it.

C-burgers are on me.......of course.
    I have not made that offer in some time. I had my reasons for stopping.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    C-burgers are on me.......of course.
    I have not made that offer in some time. I had my reasons for stopping.

You don't like us no more??

source.gif

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Much truth in the above.
    USP11B-
    I understand how it can give the appearance of the good ‘ole boys. I get it. I’ve been there. I had the same thoughts when I started. Right up until I actually starting interacting with the members. It took a bit to break that wall. It took time and work, but the more people I met the more comfortable I was. INGO is the best online community I’ve found, as is true for others as they’ve shared. But I didn’t find that out until I put forth the effort to be part of that community. One side effect is that we can be protective of our community and cautious with new members.

So stick around, make the effort to get to know members and for them to know you. It’s worth it.

1. Well said. :thumbsup:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Egads, Mateez, what thee hellz, all yee all z. breakin thee ballz to ackowledge to thee newcomerestez balls. I paidiz my way, and muchz more, giving waz to the establishmentz, an thee, well thee ...

tht's all I gotz; I know Doddg, you don't care for it, but sometimes it's all i got.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My sig 10mm glock is my favorite glock right now. But my S&W victory 22 is my next favorite glock. I mean. I like my AR-15 glock. But I’m more into handglocks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom