Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I thought the prize was a cheeseburger. :(

Speaking of cheeseburgers. . . . . . . .

We were down in Libington, I mean Bloomington, Friday and stopped into Bub's for lunch; not bad. I wouldn't drive down there specifically for lunch but would stop in again if we were in the neighborhood. We didn't like the way they molested the bacon before putting it on the burger, they use Bac-O's or some such nonsense instead of manly slabs of bacon. There was absolutely no bacon flavor at all! The meat they use is a very lean cut so not a lot of juiciness but cooked properly and placed on a fresh baked bun. The two stand outs were the onion rings which were crispy and the waffle fries had excellent flavor. I'd place them in my current burger top 10 although probably in the lower half.

Oh and the whole time a loaded .45 rested quietly in it's holster on my hip and NOBODY knew it! I can only imagine the panic if somebody had realized how horribly the imprint showed under my shirt!:rockwoot:

USPatriot11B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    Seems the more i read the post on here its less about conversation and more about trolling and nit picking one another with the holier than thou attitude. Its amazing how many interpretations can come from one sentence. Ive only been here a week and felt like ive needed to break something down barney style more than a few times because someone wanted to question the way that i phrase something.

If you dont want new members here than lobby to keep "the good old boys club" like it is. Or dont let new members post since they are basically like E1 PVTs and clearly couldnt possibly know anything or have any informative views or knowledge to add.

I get the classified ads are a "bonus" but most likely i will follow the rules hit my 50 then stay out of conversations. I would rather spend my time working on, shooting, buying, and selling than arguing in the hen house. That being said opinions are like A______s, everyone has them and they stink.

Also no i will not just dish out the $20 and skip the posting. Same as i am on probation here, im testing the site and not willing to just throw money away.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Seems the more i read the post on here its less about conversation and more about trolling and nit picking one another with the holier than thou attitude. Its amazing how many interpretations can come from one sentence. Ive only been here a week and felt like ive needed to break something down barney style more than a few times because someone wanted to question the way that i phrase something.

If you dont want new members here than lobby to keep "the good old boys club" like it is. Or dont let new members post since they are basically like E1 PVTs and clearly couldnt possibly know anything or have any informative views or knowledge to add.

I get the classified ads are a "bonus" but most likely i will follow the rules hit my 50 then stay out of conversations. I would rather spend my time working on, shooting, buying, and selling than arguing in the hen house. That being said opinions are like A______s, everyone has them and they stink.

Also no i will not just dish out the $20 and skip the posting. Same as i am on probation here, im testing the site and not willing to just throw money away.[/QUOTE

Apply as needed ..................................... or..

]butt hurt.pngMouse_Hammer_07.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Also no i will not just dish out the $20 and skip the posting. Same as i am on probation here, im testing the site and not willing to just throw money away.

Once you get past the hen house it is a great place. And yes we could use the support. There are things in the wind that will be helped along by this.
    Naturally I push the support thing.

In my time here I have established so many friendships and reliable partners. It is the core of what we are about. Some see it as the good ole boys circle but that is not always the case. Vetting someone is part of it. The time it took for me to get established here was about a solid year or so. Then the perks kicked in. Actually meeting people in the real. Breaking bread and shooting not only the breeze with them but getting to handle and run some serious hardware as well.
    Folks will warm up to you. It takes time. We have been inundated with many who were just a tad flaky in the past.

Now as to calling us A******s that aint cool at all....:):

Dont do it again.

Last edited:

hpd855

Member From INGO's Early Days
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Haubstadt
    I am glad this thread caught my eye, I almost forgot that my Site Supporter ended this month. Got it renewed in time.

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers

PM inbound.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

There's lots more to this site than meets the eye. It's not like other forums.

Start with this thread. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/408311-info-new-guys-looking-ads-section.html
    It explains quite a bit about why we are the way we are. May want to check out post #64 as well. #64 is mine and I tried to point out some of the unique things about INGO and it's people. Several links in there that tell a story. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...w-guys-looking-ads-section-2.html#post6415188

Look these over and you shall see why we're so protective of the site and the way it operates.
    :yesway:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought the prize was a cheeseburger. :(
    Huh. Yeah. Could be that. Was hoping it would be the ice cream cone in wonderland or whatever’s that’s called. I thought maybe he could report back if ice cream never melts there.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Once you get past the hen house it is a great place. And yes we could use the support. There are things in the wind that will be helped along by this.
    Naturally I push the support thing.

In my time here I have established so many friendships and reliable partners. It is the core of what we are about. Some see it as the good ole boys circle but that is not always the case. Vetting someone is part of it. The time it took for me to get established here was about a solid year or so. Then the perks kicked in. Actually meeting people in the real. Breaking bread and shooting not only the breeze with them but getting to handle and run some serious hardware as well.
    Folks will warm up to you. It takes time. We have been inundated with many who were just a tad flaky in the past.

1. I could understand the "good ole boy" remark, and "vetting someone" comment as well.
    2. It is to be expected. I experienced the same thing on my car site, and I took alot more criticism there for years b/c I was not afraid to speak up b/c I thought we were all family. :laugh:
    3. This INGO site has been way more friendly and sooo helpful, despite my personality which doesn't flower in print like it does in person. :lmfao:
    4. I am moved by the love (if I can use that word) and friendship and helpfulness that I found from the very beginning 22 months ago.
    5. I have enjoyed my time from the beginning.
    6. Yes, I have received criticism from time to time, but on a forum of mostly men: it is the internet, guys are going to mouth off to you like wouldn't dare if you were standing in front of them. :rofl:
    7. I'm fortunate: I teach teenagers, so dealing with younglings who don't have respect is my job, so I just laugh and shake my head.
    8. But, it is a rare thing, and 99.9% of the time it is just helpfulness and good-natured fun among men.

9. :ingo:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1. I could understand the "good ole boy" remark, and "vetting someone" comment as well.
    2. It is to be expected. I experienced the same thing on my car site, and I took alot more criticism there for years b/c I was not afraid to speak up b/c I thought we were all family. :laugh:
    3. This INGO site has been way more friendly and sooo helpful, despite my personality which doesn't flower in print like it does in person. :lmfao:
    4. I am moved by the love (if I can use that word) and friendship and helpfulness that I found from the very beginning 22 months ago.
    5. I have enjoyed my time from the beginning.
    6. Yes, I have received criticism from time to time, but on a forum of mostly men: it is the internet, guys are going to mouth off to you like wouldn't dare if you were standing in front of them. :rofl:
    7. I'm fortunate: I teach teenagers, so dealing with younglings who don't have respect is my job, so I just laugh and shake my head.
    8. But, it is a rare thing, and 99.9% of the time it is just helpfulness and good-natured fun among men.

9. :ingo:

#4 :gaychase:

Hey, I’m not judging.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I’m think you should need 50 quality posts AND 500 non-quality posts, like “Glocks always blow up” before you are a real ingo’r.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    An image is worth a thousand word post. A really GOOD image should be worth more than one post. But. You spend the time to find a couple of good Selma images never before seen on ingo, that should do it right there. Yer in.

USPatriot11B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Greenwood

Also no i will not just dish out the $20 and skip the posting. Same as i am on probation here, im testing the site and not willing to just throw money away.[/QUOTE

Apply as needed ..................................... or..

]View attachment 75032View attachment 75033

LOL this is what i mean. Most people can see im not really complaing about the 50 post. Ill hit that in no time replying to junk like this. Heres another barney style break down headed your way.

Im saying wether its 50 or 5000 that doesnt really do much to really weed out good guys from gougers or flippers or felons etc. Anyone with enough time could bang out the post in a day. Does that mean that they are worthy to be in the presence of the in crowd? The only way to really tell if someone is a turd is to let them interact with other members and then look at the D.O.P.E. I can copy and paste any great quote and say all the right things but at the end of the day who knows what my real intentions are.

Also I didnt exactly call everyone A holes but if that jumped out to some of you maybe my fellow INGO member has enough cream in his own stash to share with the rest of the class...

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    LOL this is what i mean. Most people can see im not really complaing about the 50 post. Ill hit that in no time replying to junk like this. Heres another barney style break down headed your way.

Im saying wether its 50 or 5000 that doesnt really do much to really weed out good guys from gougers or flippers or felons etc. Anyone with enough time could bang out the post in a day. Does that mean that they are worthy to be in the presence of the in crowd? The only way to really tell if someone is a turd is to let them interact with other members and then look at the D.O.P.E. I can copy and paste any great quote and say all the right things but at the end of the day who knows what my real intentions are.

Also I didnt exactly call everyone A holes but if that jumped out to some of you maybe my fellow INGO member has enough cream in his own stash to share with the rest of the class...

I'm just messing with ya. :D I have many of the same feelings you do as a new member. But I have been here long enough to know it's worth the wait. Good people here out weight the others by a lot. :ingo:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm just messing with ya. :D I have many of the same feelings you do as a new member. But I have been here long enough to know it's worth the wait. Good people here out weight the others by a lot. :ingo:
    Out weight? I dunno about good, but I’ll bet I out weigh a number of people on INGO.

epeery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Columbus
    There was a picture of CM in this magical place. I think in one of them CM was feeding an ice cream cone to a unicorn near a waterfall. I’m still confused how he got the ice cream cone all the way out there in the wilderness without it melting. What flavor was it, I’d like to know. And why was he trying to feed it to the unicorn? Do they like ice cream? Was CM trying to coax the unicorn from danger? Was he rewarding the unicorn for something. Maybe a milestone reached?

Yes, 50 quality posts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Well, yes you did. We all have opinions and we are here to share them. And only a small part of them smell like A$$ so you basically called out the entire forum.

Did you miss the part that I personally know lot of the people I interact with. And it is not hard to do your diligence to find out about folks. It is part of that process we were referring to. You have been here what, couple of weeks and you are calling us out. This place works. Well, for a good deal of us anyway.

So here it is. Read my post and understand it. I have plenty of cream in my locker to deal with this all day long. When I ask you not to do it again I was being polite. The cream was for you. I am the mouse with the hammer. It is humor at its lowest denominator but yeah its funny. Well, to me anyway.

Give the place a chance. There are some seriously smart folks in here.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This whole thing about the "good 'ole boys club" gets kinda old. That's not really true at all. I've heard people say there's cliques and such. And in the truest sense of the meaning, there are. Like minded people tend to agree on a lot, and they post in agreement on things. That's just normal socialization. It's not bad unless those groups become factions and war with other factions. Maybe there is a little of that going on here, but it's not bad. Over in the political subforum people can get their feathers ruffled a little. But most people on INGO get along. What some people might think are serious rivals often are just having some fun. Sometimes, the 1911 INGOers even let the Glock fanbois sit at the adult table.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom