• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    do your Worst. I don't believe in eternal hell and I do not fear dying. I'm on borrowed time. But when the time comes no one will say I went out as a coward or a wimp.

and not all religions of christ teach hell. So don't call me an atheist because I'm not. I kinda pick and chose for myself from Christian teachings

Pretty much describes every religious person ever

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The problem is we're not paying attention to Christ, we're paying attention to religion.

Bingo.

I have tried different places of worship. None seemed to be as accepting as one would think.
    The absolute worst were the Catholics. Wifes family were life long parishioners and expected our wedding to be in the catholic church. I did all the hurdles and when the time got close I saw those folks for what they really were. Closed minded self important. I did the wedding and sent my kids to the schools. Spouse was adamant about it. In time she saw the cracks and splits in the doctrine. None of her family attends mass anymore.

I pay attention to Christ. I speak to him daily. Sometimes more than once. I do not need a church or to follow a religious doctrine to do this.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Bingo.

I have tried different places of worship. None seemed to be as accepting as one would think.
    The absolute worst were the Catholics. Wifes family were life long parishioners and expected our wedding to be in the catholic church. I did all the hurdles and when the time got close I saw those folks for what they really were. Closed minded self important. I did the wedding and sent my kids to the schools. Spouse was adamant about it. In time she saw the cracks and splits in the doctrine. None of her family attends mass anymore.

I pay attention to Christ. I speak to him daily. Sometimes more than once. I do not need a church or to follow a religious doctrine to do this.
    Exactly! Although I can't claim to regularly pray.
    i find that every hard core religious person that is quick to tell me or others about going to hell are all certain of their exact belief system. And each are different per Christian religion or even sects sometimes, based on each interpretation of text. Hell I can read a sentence posted on ingo in different meanings and maybe still not get the intended feeling or thought put into it. Confusion happens here all the time. So are we going to base all life and death choices on more than one humans interpretation of texts? So am I going to hell 6 different ways and times? LOL!
    i chose I think like you CM to believe in a higher power that has given us ground rules to try our best and flawed selves to live by. I try to be a good person as I can be. I **** up. I don't **** up because I expect or know I'll be forgiven I just **** up because I'm human.
    The problem I have with ANY religion or cult is when you try to force your beliefs on others.

Thats why why my solutions to the terrorist issue is not based on or in fear of punishment of a religion or god. It's a practical but ultimately needed solution to an evil problem. To fight evil you must get evil and the US is about to get midEVIL on some wicked muslim terrorist after Jan 20th.
    and Jetta I don't need your pity so you can make yourself feel or sound righteous

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sorry...Right here brother....

I am eternally grateful that my brother, and more importantly my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, never quit trying to reach me while I slept....Our Lord God is many things but a quitter He is not....I for one am grateful....I often blush red over things I have said in my past that may have influenced someone away from Christ...The rest of my days I will reach out and share the Word with ALL people...Regardless of how they feel about me or my message...

If they only take one thing from it I hope that they know I love them, all of them, as I love my God.....An unemployed Jewish carpenter once commanded that I do so...And for the peace and joy He has brought to me, obeying that simple commandment is the least that I can do.....

Can I get an Amen with a hand held high????

Amen, brother!

now I remember why I stopped going to church. Still turning people away good job

Honest curiosity from a fellow christian who hasnt been in church for too long. What exactly did Indi say that was so offensive? I heard "he loves you and will never stop reaching out to you." What did I miss that was so offensive?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    and Jetta I don't need your pity so you can make yourself feel or sound righteous
    I'm not righteous, not by a long shot. I've just been give the gift of peace, joy, mercy and life and i want everyone to have that gift. I'm sorry if my post didn't convey this. I'm not sure what you've experienced in life and service to this country, but know that i bear no animosity toward you even if we may .

And since you seem to bear a fair amount of animosity toward, I don't see the point of carrying on this discussion any further.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Bingo.

I can sympathize with this, I've been there until relatively recently. People are people. We're all hypocrites, egotists, snooty, aloof, closed minded, etc.---to one extent of another, we all are. The people you'll find in any church are simply a diagonal slice of humanity and are no diffeerent. While I'll readily admit there are times, in some churches, the resonance of some weakness or another can grow to the point it's off putting and destructive to the congregation and/or new comers, we must be careful that we don't confuse the message with the people we find ourselves trying to learn about it and let "one or two bad apples" get in our way. There is value in worshiping in groups. You may find yourself at odds with the doctrine of one denomination or another. Or you may not like the style of music in one church over another. Or just got busy (or lazy) and fell out of the church-going habit. Or it might just be, as in your case, you got fed up with the particular people...but I have found it more enlightening and I've gotten closer to God when we started going to church on a regular basis. Some of the stuff I read in the bible are frankly confusing and sometimes seemingly contradictory. Having others that are more knowledgeable explain those problems has helped me immensely. Having a church family is another blessing that I'm really just now discovering. It takes time to build those relationships but I can see it becoming more and more fruitful with each passing week. It's hard being the stranger, all of a sudden showing up -- at least it was for me (I'm a very introverted person by nature). And I'm as set in my ways as much as the next person. So I know what it's like to decide: today's the day, I'm going to start going to church again. But it's worth it. Especially if you find the group of people that you can feel like family around.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Shot and killed by cops in Milan, Italy after routine traffic stop.

Islamist terror suspect in Berlin attack killed in shootout in Milan | Fox News

<snip>
    The shootout occurred just after 3 a.m. local time, according to Italian police. Amri was pulled over in a vehicle and asked for identification, and pulled a .22 calibre gun out of his backpack and fired at a cop, police said. The police officer, identified as Critian Morio, was struck, but his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
    </snip>

Let the 22 caliber discussion begin. Pew pew for the lose...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Perhaps a small discrepancy, but BBC is reporting Amri was on foot.
    Berlin attack suspect Anis Amri killed in Milan - BBC News

Another article on the near-apprehension said that he was on foot when police asked for his papers. Wonder how many Americans think that'd be a good system to have.

(Italian accent) Hey, that guy look a lot like that guy in the picture on the news and at roll call this morning. (Italian accent) I have no problem with this. Police maintaining SA and identifying bad guys is what we want them to do. Randomly demanding ID for no reason? That's a different situation and I do have a problem with this.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    (Italian accent) Hey, that guy look a lot like that guy in the picture on the news and at roll call this morning. (Italian accent) I have no problem with this. Police maintaining SA and identifying bad guys is what we want them to do. Randomly demanding ID for no reason? That's a different situation and I do have a problem with this.

Yes. With the knowledge after the fact that this was the droid they were looking for, in the US this could easily have been a voluntary interaction at 0300 where the officers thought the individual matched the description of the international man of mystery, so asked for ID.

In Euroland, where the rules are a bit different, police often have the ability to ask for ID for no reason.

It does appear that intel was gathered that traced Amri's path from Germany to Italy by train. So that would help with reasonable suspicion.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yes. With the knowledge after the fact that this was the droid they were looking for, in the US this could easily have been a voluntary interaction at 0300 where the officers thought the individual matched the description of the international man of mystery, so asked for ID.

In Euroland, where the rules are a bit different, police often have the ability to ask for ID for no reason.

It does appear that intel was gathered that traced Amri's path from Germany to Italy by train. So that would help with reasonable suspicion.

I did 3 years in Iceland with the USAF. I don't like the no probable cause/reasonable suspicion thing either.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I did 3 years in Iceland with the USAF. I don't like the no probable cause/reasonable suspicion thing either.
    Iceland? Heck, the whole population is related, right? "That's my cousin Unnar, he's never up to any good. That's my probable cause."

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom