• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Gotta protect your turf. No compromise. Although it seems you made a strategic error with the coffee.

You should have seen the coffee problem when the factory mislabeled cans. We opened 7 cans of coffee, that in fact were flour.
    Coffee withdrawal 1,000 mile from land can be bad.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You should have seen the coffee problem when the factory mislabeled cans. We opened 7 cans of coffee, that in fact were flour.
    Coffee withdrawal 1,000 mile from land can be bad.

Yeah, screw that. I'll take lukewarm Army **** water and sleeping with the ticks over being trapped underwater with a bunch of dudes going through withdrawals.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ok, so you have a different morality. If I was an atheist, I'd say kill them all, too. What does matter, my family comes first, right?

But when i die, Jesus will ask me, "how did you help me when I came to you?"
    I'll be dumb like always and say, "Lord, when did you come to me?"
    "I came as refugee of war, as a Muslim. Why did you not offer me succor?"

True story, look it up.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Ok, so you have a different morality. If I was an atheist, I'd say kill them all, too. What does matter, my family comes first, right?

Yes. My family. My country.

True story, look it up.

True to you, because you believe it. Not objectively "true" in any sense of the word.

But let's not go there. Churchmouse seems to be tired this evening. :):

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Did German authorities at least manage to catch the truck that performed this heinous act?

ABC News said:
    German Chancellor Angela Merkel lays flowers at the Berlin Christmas market where 12 people were killed by a truck.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass

True story, look it up.
    Not quite. The statement applied to "these brothers and sisters of mine." I really doubt that He considers those who deny Him and are actively hostile to His message as his brothers and sisters, though who am I to say what He thinks. If we are all God's children, that would make us His brothers and sisters. But despite claims to the contrary, Allah bears little resemblance to the God of the New Testament.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not quite. The statement applied to "these brothers and sisters of mine." I really doubt that He considers those who deny Him and are actively hostile to His message as his brothers and sisters, though who am I to say what He thinks. If we are all God's children, that would make us His brothers and sisters. But despite claims to the contrary, Allah bears little resemblance to the God of the New Testament.

What???? And you're serious with this post? God will not deny any as long as there is life in their bodies to eventually come to him. Salvation can be had until one's last breath. Please tell me you know this.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    What???? And you're serious with this post? God will not deny any as long as there is life in their bodies to eventually come to him. Salvation can be had until one's last breath. Please tell me you know this.
    Of course. But He would not be God if He did not know what the eventual outcome was going to be. Not all will choose Him, and He knows who they are. "Narrow the road and few find it" and all that. Eventually the time to make the choice runs out, sooner for some that for others. He can know intent, but we can't. We can only go by the legal induction of intent - by words and actions.
    But there's another thread for this discussion.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Of the two, I can empathize with the TLexicans but I cannot join them. From my limited viewpoint, I don't see them offering competing solutions to the obvious problems. Mostly they just criticize the possible solutions on offer as imperfect, unworkable, unAmerican. They function a bit like a conscience (in that they are reactive). I get what they seem to be saying about being wary of the 'dark side' but I don't see them leading us to solutions, only discussions

I think if radical jihadist Islam is not already a 'stand alone complex' it is certainly on the cusp, and an imperfect solution may be the only choice we have left. It's early yet, but this clash of civilizations feels like an existential threat, and we've already had our pearl harbor
    On the issue of solutions, there is probably a mixture of not reading enough of my posts and my tilting at impractical bigotry disguised as windmills.

My proffered solution is combination of:
    - Kirkovian Freemanish infiltration by intel/law enforcement (depending on whether domestic or abroad)
    - High level diplomatic reindeer games to isolate politically
    - And brute (conventional) strength guided by certain political principles that tend to be uniquely American.

More than happy to elaborate.

Bigot. You yield the word like a 10 year old boy who has found his mother's special battery operated toy. Bigot! Bigot! Bigot!

That word gives you exactly zero power over anyone else. Especially after years of overuse by wailing leftists in an attempt to silence opposing views.

I'm not looking to language for power, but for accuracy. If you have a better word for generalized intolerance, I'm open to it.

Why is any religion, and Islam in particular, deserving of automatic respect?
    I don't care if people respect Islam or not. That's not really even an issue.

It is more important to me that people do not use it as a scarlet letter distraction.
    Somebody go pour some 5 hour energy in his metamucil and he'll be fine. :oldwise:

Wait - does this go in the NFL security guard thread?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

I'm not talking about who I call brother and sister in Christ, because Lord knows it isn't a Muslim. However, where does Jesus ever differentiate who is to receive mercy? All are God's children and to all have I been commanded to love. And to all will I share the Gospel.

Where's Indiucky when you need him to tell of his active hostility to His message? How many sit in the pews that were once actively hostile to the Lord. Praise God he never gave up on them!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Of course. But He would not be God if He did not know what the eventual outcome was going to be. Not all will choose Him, and He knows who they are. "Narrow the road and few find it" and all that. Eventually the time to make the choice runs out, sooner for some that for others. He can know intent, but we can't. We can only go by the legal induction of intent - by words and actions.
    But there's another thread for this discussion.

I see Kut got here before I did; and I see we were both flabbergasted.

Your posts seems to view Salvation the same way my wife views Calvinist - "So, if God decides who's a Christian, then why bother?" The first answer is because it's the great commission - to share the good news among all the nations.

The second answer I give is that He knows, I don't. Therefore, I cannot make assumptions about who I do or don't offer the Truth. To look at a person or group of people and say, "Nope, there's no way they're making it in" is completely sinful.

As to ho we aid, there are no qualifiers in the Golden Rule. To argue that "neighbors" refer to Christians only is unorthodox at best.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Alternative interpretation you should consider:
    Matthew 18:15-17
    The use of "brother or sister" in these passages is obviously meant to refer to other believers. Church discipline would have no effect on people who did not believe in the church.
    My previous posts had nothing to do with who to offer the good news. It had to do with observing to the words and actions of others to help determine their intent. If those point to an intent to harm, I will react accordingly. Same as I would expect them to react, by the Golden Rule.
    If God doesn't know who will be a Christian and who will reject Him, then He's not really God. Our tool kit is much smaller, and we must do the best we can. If someone is offering me only the three choices (convert-die-dhimmitude) and I reject all, we have some serious actions ahead of us.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I will not argue against self defense or defending others. Nor will I apologize for Islam - it's totally contrary to the Gospel. Nor will I try and sugar coat it and blind my eyes to the violence it professes. What I cannot do is state that all of it's followers are to be vilified and lumped together as dangerous and worthy of death. What I do take issue with is the hatred of our enemies. Again, for a non-Christian hatred of an enemy is a perfectly valid option.

If God doesn't know who will be a Christian and who will reject Him, then He's not really God. Our tool kit is much smaller, and we must do the best we can.
    Who said God doesn't know? If you think I did, check again.
    If someone is offering me only the three choices (convert-die-dhimmitude) and I reject all, we have some serious actions ahead of us.
    Of the three, I'll take die. Joyfully. If you're not a Christian, then you wouldn't understand. (speaking to all of INGO, not you Spencer)

Why would I through away what cannot be taken away in order to keep something that cannot be held on to?

I'm pretty cool to social justice, what good is it to give someone comfort in this life, but then let then slip into hell in the next? No, the Truth must take precedence, and eternal life matters far more than earthly comforts. However, think about this, what better way to spread the Gospel among the Musilms than having them live literally next door!

Top Bottom