• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    That is an awfully long time in flight. Do you just shoot it into orbit then?
    Oh I definitely don't in any way shape or form agree with regulation of them or any firearm.. if I had my way all 80k+ firearm regulations would be abolished. I guess I just have all the calibers i need between my bolt, AR and handgun collections... I guess it would be nice having a small profile that could hold more rounds.. I may do a sbr one of these days.. ive got 2 6.5 grendels, 1 in 16" barrel and on in 20" both are ARs.. I think its my favorite round.. maybe do one of those in SBR since I already have all the reloading dies and components

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Oh I definitely don't in any way shape or form agree with regulation of them or any firearm.. if I had my way all 80k+ firearm regulations would be abolished. I guess I just have all the calibers i need between my bolt, AR and handgun collections... I guess it would be nice having a small profile that could hold more rounds.. I may do a sbr one of these days.. ive got 2 6.5 grendels, 1 in 16" barrel and on in 20" both are ARs.. I think its my favorite round.. maybe do one of those in SBR since I already have all the reloading dies and components

If you're already in the Grendel game an sbr will change your entire outlook

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis

Looks like there are quite a few options for building or purchasing 12-12.5" pistols in 6.5 Grendel. But really, if you haven't checked out the SBA4 pistol brace, you definitely should before the headache (and cost) of going the SBR route. It does very well on my .308 pistol, so I'm sure it would do just fine for a 6.5 Grendel.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Looks like there are quite a few options for building or purchasing 12-12.5" pistols in 6.5 Grendel. But really, if you haven't checked out the SBA4 pistol brace, you definitely should before the headache (and cost) of going the SBR route. It does very well on my .308 pistol, so I'm sure it would do just fine for a 6.5 Grendel.
    I'm sure if it can handle 308 recoil, 6.5 gr would not be trouble

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Is there a 'sweet spot' minimum length for 6.5 Grendel? We are currently running about 30.5grains of H335 under a 90g Speer TNT with great results.

:ingo:

Friend has a 12.5 that keeps Hornady black at 1". My 13.7 keeps it at Moa to 200, I haven't got to push it further. I haven't started handloading for it. I generally run steel case, but it's getting hard to find

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    SBR are close quarters imo... I would not take something like that outside the home yet alone let anyone know I had one if I did l.. 2 cents..

SBRs are fun to shoot. A legitimate place to take them is out to the range.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    It is interesting to consider. I wonder - if the NFA did not exist, what would the market have settled on for the optimal length for a PDW.
    I think if the NFA did not exist, there would have been alot more studies done by caliber because people would accept them more as an option for daily use. So for example, the best for a PDW .223/5.56 would have been figured out by now.
    I have 4.75", 7.5" and 12.5" but I only consider the 4.75" to be the true PDW of my little collection. It will not stabilize 62 gr, but doe just fine with 55 gr. pills. It has a KAK 1/7" twist barrel which I want to replace it with the 4.75" 5R barrel.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    SBRs are fun to shoot. A legitimate place to take them is out to the range.
    I just wouldn't want anyone knowing i have one because all the political bs.. I have a private place where I can get to almost 300 in the summer and spring and 1k in the fall and winter

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I think if the NFA did not exist, there would have been alot more studies done by caliber because people would accept them more as an option for daily use. So for example, the best for a PDW .223/5.56 would have been figured out by now.
    I have 4.75", 7.5" and 12.5" but I only consider the 4.75" to be the true PDW of my little collection. It will not stabilize 62 gr, but doe just fine with 55 gr. pills. It has a KAK 1/7" twist barrel which I want to replace it with the 4.75" 5R barrel.
    Yeah if I had my way probably almost all of the 3 letter organizations would be abolished.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Multiple manufactures getting letters & ATF is ticked off about the attention

There are "sources" that are saying that multiple manufactures are receiving brace letters. However, I cannot seem to find any letters posted on the interwebz beside the Q letter.

Also, the ATF is now ticked off that gun owners are not just laying down and accepting these unconstitutional changes.

Article here: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/10/le...races-history-of-atf-hostility/#axzz6bQw7NGG4

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    There are "sources" that are saying that multiple manufactures are receiving brace letters. However, I cannot seem to find any letters posted on the interwebz beside the Q letter.

Also, the ATF is now ticked off that gun owners are not just laying down and accepting these unconstitutional changes.

Article here: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/10/le...races-history-of-atf-hostility/#axzz6bQw7NGG4

Apparently those sources are within the agency. I'm interested to see who got them foia should reveal

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Top Bottom