Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The stamps may be a revenue grab.

Prove me wrong please.

A bureaucracy made up of the un-elected and un-appointed, given power by the Supreme Court to write rules, interpret rules, and change rules that have the force of law, that can through the mere act of pushing paper through the bureaucracy of their making force the law-abiding to send them money. Needless to say I won't be taking up the "prove CM wrong" challenge today.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A bureaucracy made up of the un-elected and un-appointed, given power by the Supreme Court to write rules, interpret rules, and change rules that have the force of law, that can through the mere act of pushing paper through the bureaucracy of their making force the law-abiding to send them money. Needless to say I won't be taking up the "prove CM wrong" challenge today.

Est. 4 million out there. How many will sheepishly apply for the stamps. At $200 a pop.....:dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Helluva coincidence that this is all happening right before the election.
    Deep state trying to drive away part of the Trump base?
    Existing management at ATF showing Joe they are ready to help out when he wins?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

Probably true, but now hands aren't clean. His pick to head the agency was publicly anti 2a and every gun rights group campaigned against him v and he wasn't confirmed. So here we are. I don't see how they think this flip flop is going to play out practically though.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    One thing I haven't seen anyone mention yet is the type of receiver extension the SBa3/a4 use. It's not a proprietary pistol type...... Potential issue?

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Don't know about you fellers, but I just registered my first SBR. Process took me about ten minutes and of course $200. From what I hear it takes 3 weeks.

I'm probably gonna buy a shockwave and buy another stamp for a second NFA item.

I've already been on the NFA list for a few years with two supressors, so it's nothing new to me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If Trump can order the ATF to redefine machine guns to include bump stocks he can order the ATF to stop the nonsense.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Don't know about you fellers, but I just registered my first SBR. Process took me about ten minutes and of course $200. From what I hear it takes 3 weeks.

I'm probably gonna buy a shockwave and buy another stamp for a second NFA item.

I've already been on the NFA list for a few years with two supressors, so it's nothing new to me.

That's not the point. You can no longer take those sbr's to nfa ban states where pistols were legal. The guns were sold and transferred legally as pistols and with a pen stroke of a non elected official. people are felons if they don't give up or destroy their property. Millions of pistol braces are in use across the country this could make all of those owners felons like the bumpstock ban did.

Also 200 for the stamp, 20 for pictures, 100+ for engraving, losing 140 on the cost of the brace. If a ban came into effect it is going to cost around 450+ per gun owned for those wishing to keep a usuable configuration. Unacceptable.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    It's not about the $200. It's not about the Stamp. If I had wanted an SBR I would have paid the $200 and purchased the SBR. I purchased the Pistol that the US manufacture legally transferred to the LGS. The LGS legally transferred it to me.

To find out on FB that I'm now breaking the law is the issue for me. If you want to change your position after the fact, you have to accept that what is done has been done. In the mean time I'm going to fight to abolish the ATf and this opinion specifically.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    NFA isn't going away without a revolution. Government overreach is going to get worse, not better.

^I'm not calling for revolution, just pointing out that power is impossible to get back once it's been conceded. Just doesn't work that way. Holcomb and all the other state governors have set a dangerous precedent, and we let it happen. Same thing happened with Obama and his pen. We all accepted the notion that a governor/president can write laws without check. We've all granted supreme executive power. That's why elections are so crazy right now.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    NFA isn't going away without a revolution. Government overreach is going to get worse, not better.

Well I mean history repeats itself. A string can only be pulled so taught. But seriously if the million+ brace owners told le to get bent when they show up for confiscation there really isn't anything they could do to enforce a ban.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

^I'm not calling for revolution, just pointing out that power is impossible to get back once it's been conceded. Just doesn't work that way. Holcomb and all the other state governors have set a dangerous precedent, and we let it happen. Same thing happened with Obama and his pen. We all accepted the notion that a governor/president can write laws without check. We've all granted supreme executive power. That's why elections are so crazy right now.

I have been preaching this for as long time now.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    An all out ban on braces as pistols might be enough to start a movement against this overreach.

4 Million outlaws! Quickly becoming a time to “Nut up or Shut up”:):

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Yes it is! When folks nostalgically look back on other political eras they often fail to remember that government was so much less involved in the daily live of the people...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom