• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It extends. While blades are legal, supposedly to brace your arm against the blade, this thing has some real estate on the back of it. I'm coming in cold here, but I would say they're calling this a stock because it can be 'easily' shouldered. I'll look and see what they have to say.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It extends. While blades are legal, supposedly to brace your arm against the blade, this thing has some real estate on the back of it. I'm coming in cold here, but I would say they're calling this a stock because it can be 'easily' shouldered. I'll look and see what they have to say.

Shouldering a brace is completely legal and acceptable.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I meant I'll look in the thread. I don't have ATF contacts.

Yes, shouldering a brace is legal. Let's call it a brace.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Is this the brace that telescopically extends? If it's the one I'm thinking of maybe that's what makes it proprietary.

What makes it proprietary is the extension arms interface with the receivers. Lots of pdw style braces use the same style of adjustment.

The actual letter is still sealed, some industry guys mention that it flirts with the maximum length of pull.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The tube has dimples, and I can permanently fix it at any length. Max length is in spec. But I can't have the ability to adjust it on the fly.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    What makes it proprietary is the extension arms interface with the receivers. Lots of pdw style braces use the same style of adjustment.

The actual letter is still sealed, some industry guys mention that it flirts with the maximum length of pull.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it possibly extended to far.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I can't keep up with them. At one time, it was to be permanently affixed, so I had to locktite the screw.

I think that was tribal knowledge and wrong. You can buy thumb screws for that brace. The reason it was wise is those can Backout fairly easy and it can slide forward unexpectedly

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Maybe it's not supposed to be permanently affixed. I try to stay in the lines. I can't even remember I got rid of those last week.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    If I went back in time to a week ago and checked the threads, all I would find is oil on the threads. Imagine my confusion.

Top Bottom