• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Attn HoneyBadger owners: ATF is reclassifying your pistol as SBR.

Mods, feel free to move to where you think is more appropriate. I figured Break Room was best due to most traffic.

The ATF sent a C&D letter and notifying all owners to separate the upper and lower immediately because they believe the HoneyBadger pistol with its "proprietary brace" is really just a SBR intended to be shouldered.

https://mailchi.mp/liveqordie.com/atf-issues-cease-desist-for-honey-badger-pistol

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Has the ATF reclassified weapons like this before? Just curious, I do not own this particular weapon.

Many times. Street Sweeper shotguns becoming "destructive devices", the first time they said shouldering a brace magically transformed any pistol to an SBR. Just another day of bureaucrats making laws by fiat instead of due process.

We let them get away with an even worse case with the whole bump stock thing. That encouraged them I believe. If Biden wins, braced pistols are going to the NFA in a heartbeat. Honestly they are only marginally safer with a Trump victory.

How is this not tantamount to the ISP deciding the speed limit on interstates should be 50 mph and ticketing anyone they wish?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Many times. Street Sweeper shotguns becoming "destructive devices", the first time they said shouldering a brace magically transformed any pistol to an SBR. Just another day of bureaucrats making laws by fiat instead of due process.

We let them get away with an even worse case with the whole bump stock thing. That encouraged them I believe. If Biden wins, braced pistols are going to the NFA in a heartbeat. Honestly they are only marginally safer with a Trump victory.

How is this not tantamount to the ISP deciding the speed limit on interstates should be 50 mph and ticketing anyone they wish?

The ATF needs to be relegated to convenience store status, like the name implies.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The other braced q's have been requested to be submitted for review. They are coming. Go for the niche, expand to the mainstream

That would be re-re-review would it not?

If the ATF can magically reclassify something without congress, can not the president do the reverse with executive orders?

How many votes would Trump lose if he took SBRs, SBSs and suppressors out of the NFA? Zero

How many would he gain? More than I have bullets...and I have a lot of bullets.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Doesn't matter if they have ever done this before, the fact that they are doing it period is in violation of our rights and needs to be stopped. Shall not be infringed does not regulate overall length, barrel length, whether or not it can be shouldered or not, etc.

If this is allowed it wouldn't take much for them to make up other stories to "regulate" shall not be infringed when it comes to ARs or virtually any other firearm.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    That would be re-re-review would it not?

If the ATF can magically reclassify something without congress, can not the president do the reverse with executive orders?

How many votes would Trump lose if he took SBRs, SBSs and suppressors out of the NFA? Zero

How many would he gain? More than I have bullets...and I have a lot of bullets.

They have been systematically doing rereviewing since the trumpstock ban

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I do not have one of these braces but I am sure it is only a matter of time before they do come for one I do have.

Of course, I meant had. . . . before the tragic boating accident that is.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Well they are reviewing a q model with an Sba3. Trumpstock continues... Black aces, fostech, q, they keep inching towards more and more popular production braced pistols. I'm thinking they are going to eat the pdw braces next.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Has the ATF reclassified weapons like this before? Just curious, I do not own this particular weapon.

Yes. They did it within the trump Era to multiple braced production firearms. The bumpstock review opened the flood gates. Some of the most important pieces of plastic in recent history.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Exactly how does the ATF know who owns such a weapon?

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

Top Bottom