Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    So would you comply if they came for your guns after a newly passed confiscation law? The general message has been comply with law enforcement so you don't get shot. That covers not just Blake but anybody and any law. Alpo raises a legitimate question. Would we comply with any law once confronted with law enforcement in possession of a warrant?

That's easy. Three decades ago I told the better 2/3's that if confiscation occurs she is to remember that no piece of wood or steel is worth one hair on her head. That order stands.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    The point, in case you guys can't find it is that everyone has a point where they are unwilling to back down. Lawful/unlawful really doesn't have much to do with it when the choice is made. Not all decisions are rational. Some are a lot more visceral.

None of us would likely do what Blake did. And there are a lot of people who think you would be crazy to resist gun confiscation. But, once you've committed to your choice, you don't need lawyers to settle the matter, do you? You act or don't act.

One must also face the consequences of that choice.

I could choose to go waving my gun around in the air, shouting about "my rights!!!!" and still be within the law. Yet, I should expect that there's going to be some interaction with police, likely with their guns drawn (and probably ON TARGET).

Again, I can choose to press "my rights" and not comply (having not violated the law up to that point). But anyone refusing to comply with a lawful order, at gunpoint, should have a clear expectation of what could come next.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    One case is a lawful order to stop given to a person with a warrant, beat to death earlier in this thread.
    The other case is an unlawful, unconstitutional, immoral order, also beat to death on this forum.
    Not apples to apples.

As I agreed with earlier, I'm glad to not be in an echo chamber. But some of the logic used is baffling. It takes the whole discussion many steps backwards, instead of sincerely trying to find answers, moving forward.
    Not apples to apples, not even ice cream to Tuesday.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So would you comply if they came for your guns after a newly passed confiscation law? The general message has been comply with law enforcement so you don't get shot. That covers not just Blake but anybody and any law. Alpo raises a legitimate question. Would we comply with any law once confronted with law enforcement in possession of a warrant?

When they kick in your front door,
    How you gonna' come?
    With your hands on your head,
    Or on the trigger of your gun?

*.*

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Circling back around to the discussion about funding of schools. Has "you can lead a horse to water..." been factored in? If the students and families DGAF, you could invest a MILLION per student and it still wouldnt help. The students and families must value education and want to play the game to do any good. (the game being "get an education, go to college or trade school, get a good job, live a peaceful life, get married, and raise a family". But too many see that as a game for suckers)

If the students and families havent bought in to the deal, no amount of money will help fix things. They have to WANT to be fixed.

Discover blocks donations to site raising money for Kyle Rittenhouse defense

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets...te-raising-money-for-kyle-rittenhouse-defense

Well, that settles that question. We were told yesterday if we didnt use our discover this month they would close the account. I think I'll call and cancel instead of letting it go on its own. I'm sure they will ask why.

It's coming...

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

What I dont understand is "why cant it be both?" We and our friends already do this. You can be a village and still have the nuclear family. Once again, not mutually exclusive.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

That's silly. If a team shows up at my door, then I would be silly to confront with a gun. You will only be committing suicide, and no longer be able to push a cause. That fight should be fought by a well regulated militia. You have to understand that there are battles that are lost, even during a war that you win.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It all boils down to a matter of a noble cause for me.

Some may feel Blake had a noble cause in his mind for violent non compliance because of the perception of the way Blacks are treated in certain encounters. Who knows.

I guess on that level Alpo may have a point.

My position is that what Blake was faced with he should’ve complied but that’s not my decision to make.

I will concede that is also probably the point that Alpo was trying to make.

He made the decision to escalate and everyone knows what the potential outcome of that might entail.

So the fact of the matter that he ended up getting shot in the end when he still refused to comply after numerous non lethal attempts is not surprising to me.

I may or may not refuse to comply with law enforcement if they were to ever attempt to confiscate my firearms but I won’t continue to escalate it beyond the point of being placed under arrest.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's silly. If a team shows up at my door, then I would be silly to confront with a gun. You will only be committing suicide, and no longer be able to push a cause. That fight should be fought by a well regulated militia. You have to understand that there are battles that are lost, even during a war that you win.

It was a silly question, because so much depends on context. If they are showing up to confiscate the guns they know about because of some trumped up red flag order or equipment (ie: magazine capacity) issue; adapt, evade, survive

If they're showing up to confiscate guns and load me in the boxcar, some of them are going with me

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    It was a silly question, because so much depends on context. If they are showing up to confiscate the guns they know about because of some trumped up red flag order or equipment (ie: magazine capacity) issue; adapt, evade, survive

If they're showing up to confiscate guns and load me in the boxcar, some of them are going with me

If you know they are looking to load you up in a boxcar and your still hanging out at home with the family, then you're already playing catch up and putting your family in danger. That is not how you avoid capture.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you know they are looking to load you up in a boxcar and your still hanging out at home with the family, then you're already playing catch up and putting your family in danger. That is not how you avoid capture.

Or, maybe I'm cautious and never post specifics on a forum site just so I can feel good

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How many people believe that the cops were going after Blake with the intent of loading him up in a boxcar or a body bag? If that's the case then why did they bother to use non lethal options in the first place?

I guess it doesn't matter though. Maybe Blake thought they were.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How many people believe that the cops were going after Blake with the intent of loading him up in a boxcar or a body bag? If that's the case then why did they bother to use non lethal options in the first place?

I guess it doesn't matter though. Maybe Blake thought they were.

Just listening to rhetoric from the rioters - lots.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just listening to rhetoric from the rioters - lots.
    Yeah I should've clarified that with other than them. But then again I guess it all boils down to everyone's pre conceived perceptions. I think that's what a majority of the problem is.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well, that settles that question. We were told yesterday if we didnt use our discover this month they would close the account. I think I'll call and cancel instead of letting it go on its own. I'm sure they will ask why.

Just got off the phone with Discover. Closed down the account and did tell them why.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just got off the phone with Discover. Closed down the account and did tell them why.
    If I had a Discover account I would be doing the same thing right now. Getting pretty sick and tired of this credit agency trend. If you want to keep my business and as long as I pay the bill and it's not illegal then stay the hell out of my business when it comes to how I chose to spend while using my card.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I had a Discover account I would be doing the same thing right now. Getting pretty sick and tired of this credit agency trend. If you want to keep my business and as long as I pay the bill and it's not illegal then stay the hell out of my business when it comes to how I chose to spend while using my card.

We just closed ours out as well. I paid it in full and told them to shove their politics in any available oriface. That poor woman. I was not going to listen to her script. She kept trying to read it. I finally got and kept her attention. Close me out.

Top Bottom