Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It really is hell when you are trying to catch up on a thread with the wall of words. My mind goes blank at a certain point and I curl up in a fetal position.
    It wasn’t the length. No big deal there. It was the competing colors and having to parse who’s saying what. That may not affect most people but it affects me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Emphasis added is mine.

I’m black, and even I say we don’t need reparations now. (Maybe it would have been right in the immediate aftermath of slavery, but not now.) Agreed. We need a fair playing field where the government invests equally in schools on our neighborhoods, IPS, the largest school district in the state, and which probably has the highest percentage of minority students, already spends more per student than any other district. How much is "enough"? where public universities are fully funded and not out of reach for poorer students, Financial aid is already available and favors minorities. Again, how much is "enough"? where housing lending is based on what you can afford to pay not higher interest for certain neighborhoods, Already addressed by not only Equal Opportunity Lending laws, but also incentives for minority borrowers where we aren’t excluded from voting because we have a disproportionate number of our population have been incarcerated based on laws that treated drug crimes and other crimes differently based on whiteness Don't break the law = no incarceration = no problem When we get that, we are successful. My parents benefited greatly from public universities and have seen their children thrive even in the face of inequality. If the government would just enforce laws against discrimination and invest again In education equally across all neighborhoods, Done, and then some, to the point that it favors minorities that would be the greatest reparation we could take advantage of. But when white people fled the cities, the governments left them to fail. No they didn't. They chose to fail. Now that whites are coming back to cities, suddenly, there’s increased investment. By whites. Why didn't blacks invest when they were presented with the opportunities described above? Let the reparations be government providing services to all citizens equally, They do. Actually they provide them disproportionately in favor of minorities and we’ll be OK. So why aren't you OK?

Point of order: Fort Wayne Community is the largest district in the state.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    It wasn’t the length. No big deal there. It was the competing colors and having to parse who’s saying what. That may not affect most people but it affects me.
    There is no mention anymore of the original incident or the Rittenhouse incident. It has turned into Olympic arguing over nothing.

By Olympic, I mean nobody cares, and none of you are getting paid.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is no mention anymore of the original incident or the Rittenhouse incident. It has turned into Olympic arguing over nothing.

By Olympic, I mean nobody cares, and none of you are getting paid.
    Well the conversation did turn back to the original topic. And then it nust ebbs and flows however it does.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    According to Alpo you can't know that for sure under this authoritarian state so why take the chance and comply? I mean it worked out really well when he chose not to comply.

So, you are going to comply when they come for your guns.

They are the police with authority, you know.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The point is, everyone has their level of acceptance or refusal.

I've never said Blake should not have complied. Tombs had the query of why he didn't....and we were off to the INGO races.

I haven't seen evidence, however, that says 7 shots to the spine was a good shoot.

Show me the knife Jerry.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The point is, everyone has their level of acceptance or refusal.

I've never said Blake should not have complied. Tombs had the query of why he didn't....and we were off to the INGO races.

I haven't seen evidence, however, that says 7 shots to the spine was a good shoot.

Show me the knife Jerry.
    Okay. That’s fair. In the video breakdowns I’ve seen, it does look to me that there was a knife. With the quality of video zoomed in, maybe it wasn’t. They went lethal for a reason that does not appear to have anything to do with corruption. As I’ve said before, I can’t say that it was a good shoot—but short of evidence that it was a bad shoot, I’m not gonna say it was a criminal action. Possibly that it was an unnecessary shoot.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    We are far from assigning any blame at all to the cops.

But, I'm not going to take the Kenosha DA at his word.

I will believe the state or Federal boys investigating the event.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Note too that the violent thugs got quiet pretty quickly after the Kenosha Kid defended himself against some pieces of ****..... that's how you handle a "bully".

That's because Bullys don't like victims that fight back.
    They can only exist because people allow them to.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Does it matter whether or not he assaulted her that day? He was in the act of violating a protective order resulting from a prior sexual assault. The very act of violating the protective order inherently presumes dangerous intent on his part. That's sort of why protective orders exist.

I'm thinking there should be some pretty stiff penalties for those willing to violate the order.
    Like maybe being treated as a rabid dog.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I’m not talking about the ideologues. I’m talking about average black people.

If you want to help them, fix what broke them and what created the poverty spiral that plagues literally everyone.

Stop rewarding the destruction of the family. Incentivize having a mother and a father in the home.
    All else will naturally follow along with repairing the family structure. Not having a family is why people stop caring about their future.
    Without a family, there's very little meaning to be found in life unless you're an especially driven person.

So, you are going to comply when they come for your guns.
    They are the police with authority, you know.

Yeah, if I'm basically unarmed and surrounded by people with guns pointed at me.

No, otherwise.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Does it matter whether or not he assaulted her that day? He was in the act of violating a protective order resulting from a prior sexual assault. The very act of violating the protective order inherently presumes dangerous intent on his part. That's sort of why protective orders exist.
    And a good example of why they don’t work against people wishing to do harm to others. If she armed herself instead, this wouldn’t even be in the news

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    VICE, the media group who picks what news story to cover by getting stoned and throwing dildos at the wall, decided they'd interview the man who killed a Trump supporter in Portland.

The ****ing gall...

[video=youtube;GhlxT9OrBIE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhlxT9OrBIE[/video]

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...ortland-protest-says-he-acted-in-self-defense

Lets compare this to the treatment of Rittenhouse.

Reinoehl hasn't even been arrested or charged. Rittenhouse was immediately charged with stiff offenses, when video evidence entirely exonerates him.
    Social media and crowd funding groups allow discussion and funding of Reinoehl, but will ban you for merely mentioning Rittenhouse.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    lol.jpg

indy.gif

https://www.foxnews.com/us/suspect-in-portland-fatal-shooting-has-been-killed-reports

Top Bottom