Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Where's the police? Inciting violence and riots is illegal.

Why are none of these people in prison and held accountable for what they have done? It's almost like we don't have a criminal justice system at all.

And people wonder why the citizenry are starting to lose faith in the system's ability to function and have decided to go out and try to clean up themselves...

Well there's this little thing called the First Amendment to the Constitution and the trouble it causes for arresting people unless they are inciting "imminent lawless action"...and the "imminent" part is a tough one to get past when people are yammering on TV.

Ill advised, shameful, harmful, stupid? All of them...but probably not illegal unless they give a time, date and location for whatever lawless action they are inciting...or are actually present at a riot saying something like: "let's burn this ***** to the ground."

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I used to think that way but not since corporate America got on board. Wokeness is too valuable as a political tool to keep people divided (sorta exactly like racism was because it's the same thing) to go away that easily.

In the case of Singal/Hertzog though they still think of themselves as regular lefties on issues like 2A. Fair point about "being cast out makes you question everything" though.

I think when you're canceled to an extent by I would think human nature would tend to allow you to be critical of the narrative you shared with the people who canceled you. I think betrayal is a powerful side switcher. That's actually one of the reasons (I can't remember now who said it) that the person thought that eventually "wokeness" would die from starving itself of ideologues because eventually they'll cancel each other and have nothing cohesive left. They'll all be splinters. I'm not that optimistic.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well there's this little thing called the First Amendment to the Constitution and the trouble it causes for arresting people unless they are inciting "imminent lawless action"...and the "imminent" part is a tough one to get past when people are yammering on TV.

Ill advised, shameful, harmful, stupid? All of them...but probably not illegal unless they give a time, date and location for whatever lawless action they are inciting...or are actually present at a riot saying something like: "let's burn this ***** to the ground."

If I threatened to blow up the white house, under the previous admin, I'd be in prison.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I used to think that way but not since corporate America got on board. Wokeness is too valuable as a political tool to keep people divided (sorta exactly like racism was because it's the same thing) to go away that easily.

In the case of Singal/Hertzog though they still think of themselves as regular lefties on issues like 2A. Fair point about "being cast out makes you question everything" though.

Okay. I think you're on Alpo's list now because you seemed to understand what I said. I think I started to modify a sentence, was distracted, and then never finished.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Free speech is one thing, but you can't use it to harm others, for example, inciting a riot. But, that does make it difficult to prosecute such things. Probably the head of the Louisville BLM incited a riot. She said **** like that speaking to the crowd, and of course, that night they burnt **** down. But, did they burn **** down because she told them to? I think that had a lot to do with it, but honestly, everyone was saying burn **** down. So hard to prove it was just her. Really, it's an indictment against the whole ideology and we don't really have a legal tool to make them accountable for the harm it does.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think when you're canceled, I would think human nature would tend to allow you to be critical of the narrative you shared with the people who canceled you. I think betrayal is a powerful side changer. Someone whose name escapes me now, said that he thought eventually "wokeness" would die from starving itself of ideologues, because eventually they'll all cancel each other. I'm not that optimistic.

Sounds familiar.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If I threatened to blow up the white house, under the previous admin, I'd be in prison.

Different law.

Free speech is one thing, but you can't use it to harm others, for example, inciting a riot. But, that does make it difficult to prosecute such things. Probably the head of the Louisville BLM incited a riot. She said **** like that speaking to the crowd, and of course, that night they burnt **** down. But, did they burn **** down because she told them to? I think that had a lot to do with it, but honestly, everyone was saying burn **** down. So hard to prove it was just her. Really, it's an indictment against the whole ideology and we don't really have a legal tool to make them accountable for the harm it does.

The closer a person is, physically, to whatever is being incited and the more specific their speech is in that regard, the more likely it is to be criminal. People speaking in generalities on TV hundreds to thousands of miles away...almost never.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

Perhaps we should start getting creative with the charges like they did with the mob in the 20s and 30s. I'm mean they're practically the same thing.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Where's the police? Inciting violence and riots is illegal.

Why are none of these people in prison and held accountable for what they have done? It's almost like we don't have a criminal justice system at all.

And people wonder why the citizenry are starting to lose faith in the system's ability to function and have decided to go out and try to clean up themselves...

I'd say, add them to a "list" for when the SHTF.
    But, probably not a good idea to have a "list" in case you are ever in court.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I think when you're canceled, I would think human nature would tend to allow you to be critical of the narrative you shared with the people who canceled you. I think betrayal is a powerful side changer. Someone whose name escapes me now, said that he thought eventually "wokeness" would die from starving itself of ideologues, because eventually they'll all cancel each other. I'm not that optimistic.
    Very well said.
    I am hopeful many of them will crack, that’s not to say that we’ll see things eye to eye, but many will see the error of their ways. They won’t want to admit it much, but in their mind they will see it differently. Not everyone for sure, but we can hope.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sheriff: 205 suspects arrested in Kenosha protests
    [video=youtube;ldvBrgP35x8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldvBrgP35x8[/video]

Seems a LOT of these poor innocent "protesters" are armed felons.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Sheriff: 205 suspects arrested in Kenosha protests
    [video=youtube;ldvBrgP35x8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldvBrgP35x8[/video]

Seems a LOT of these poor innocent "protesters" are armed felons.

And I believe well over 50% were from out of state

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    But mah narrative...

svyubiM.jpg

Top Bottom