• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Fragments of messenger RNA that encode for viral proteins (or fragments thereof) are injected into your arm, to be taken up by your cells where they trigger the expression of those viral proteins or fragments by your cells in order to get your immune system to react to them

What could go wrong

I do hope it works, though, because it offers a framework that can be easily modified to mitigate against most any infectious agent without the need to use dead or degraded actual viruses or bacteria

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Wait.

Can you elaborate?

(This probably sounds more confrontational than I intend it.)

Are you saying you got the antibody test and they said that the antibodies only stay for 3 months?

I guess the question becomes whether the test is attenuated enough to detect a level of antibodies that still might be enough for the immune system to fight this off, but not enough to register positive in this specific test.

I think their test is only able to detect antibodies within 3 months.

I guess they’re at their peak level during that time.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Let's not get the presence of antibodies confused with resistance (more accurate than "immunity") to the virus. Antibodies are only 1 component and are never the longer lasting part of resistance.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Studies show that IgA and IgM antibodies fade over time depending on initial infection load and individual variations. IgG antibodies last longer - so far, they last past the end of the study terms. So if the particular test is looking for one type of antibody it could be limited by the behavior of that antibody as well as how infected the patient was. There is probably no good magic number for how far back they can determine past infection so they choose a number that seems reasonable and don't expect written guarantees with that.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Some groups are working on tests for t-cells to show past infections. This could extend the time that they could detect a past infection by months. The good news is the test is easy for patients - simple blood draw, but the bad news is it is very complicated for the labs. They can't just test for the presence of t-cells since everybody should have t-cells. T-cells are just t-lymphocytes which are a subset of lymphocytes, which are a subset of leukocytes(white cells). They need to test for t-cells that have specific receptors that fight the coronavirus.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Tcj7waM.jpeg

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It didn't hurt them too bad only 4600 deaths!

Somebody posted something about that on here but I'm too lazy to find it now.
    He said a guy was visiting here from china and when he heard that only 4600 died he said something like "Yeah, then they all happened within a mile of me."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And the man standing up gets smacked for not staying in line for tyrannical mother ****ing sons of *****es...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/auton...utm_term=ACTIVE LIST - TheBlaze Breaking News

An interesting excerpt....

"This order simply says that they need to cease and desist," Lanza announced to a crowd of supporters. "Nowhere here is there an arrest warrant and nowhere here is anything about arresting anyone on their private property."
    "So I'll ask, [and] you don't have to answer ... why was he arrested?" he said to the officers nearby. "I was told you would tell me why he was arrested and now I'm asking for that answer."

Place smells a bit more like the USSR with each passing day.

Well, it's NYC.. So... kinda just like the USSR.

Also, it will continue unless the population decides to do something about it, by ignoring it in mass.
    Too bad we're surrounded by a large percentage that would be okay with everything the .gov does, because "Daddy knows best".

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    And the man standing up gets smacked for not staying in line for tyrannical mother ****ing sons of *****es...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/auton...utm_term=ACTIVE LIST - TheBlaze Breaking News

An interesting excerpt....

"This order simply says that they need to cease and desist," Lanza announced to a crowd of supporters. "Nowhere here is there an arrest warrant and nowhere here is anything about arresting anyone on their private property."
    "So I'll ask, [and] you don't have to answer ... why was he arrested?" he said to the officers nearby. "I was told you would tell me why he was arrested and now I'm asking for that answer."

Place smells a bit more like the USSR with each passing day.

Holy ****..... just read that there were 14 people in this establishment. Talk about a super spreader risk!

Out of curiosity, does anybody know how many violent crimes were committed in this ****hole called "new york" within the last week?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Since they are unknown - I don't know them.
    That's my point. We don't know the long term effects of SARSCov2. People with the original SARS have had lung damage lasting several years. Viruses like Chicken Pox come back to haunt you years later. And we already know a lot of people have organ damage including heart damage from SARS Cov2.

so both vaccines and virus have theoretical unknown side effects

The KNOWN side effects of the virus are far worse than the vaccine

The potential of being exposed to the virus is nearly 100% (probably 80% ?) if you to back to pre-2020 life

So to analyze the choices you work with the side effects that you know.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Fragments of messenger RNA that encode for viral proteins (or fragments thereof) are injected into your arm, to be taken up by your cells where they trigger the expression of those viral proteins or fragments by your cells in order to get your immune system to react to them

What could go wrong

I do hope it works, though, because it offers a framework that can be easily modified to mitigate against most any infectious agent without the need to use dead or degraded actual viruses or bacteria

Viruses multiply by entering your cells and "convincing" your cells to produce more viral material, so this should be more benign and has been researched for 30 years.

But just in case I'm watching "I am Legend" this weekend and finally getting curtains for the rest of my windows ;)

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Made even funnier by the reaction of the press at the time. They as much as said Rumsfeld was an idiot.

Yeah, lib arts types can't understand risk assessment. But what he said is quite true; it just sounds dumb on the surface.

Every project should account for those unknown unknowns.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom