• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    UK's socialized medicine gave them a shorter runway to government approvals and logistics.

Seriously, they already had the .gov infrastructure in place to make that happen.

Sorry not sorry, I'll take a separation of government and business and the corresponding delays.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    IMO, it's pretty clear that Indiana new cases peaked around Nov 18-20 and have declined since. That is shown in both the 7-day average line and that all daily reports are below that line showing a clear downward trend.

IF Thanksgiving was a significant spreader, we would expect to see the first generation of those cases to start showing up around Dec 6th (5-6 days to symptoms, 2-3 days for test results) and second generation 4-6 days after that.

IF it's already fizzled or Thanksgiving wasn't a significant "spreader" (or both for the pedantic) then we won't... we'll just have to wait to see.

C4FnuWU.png

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    $1000 (hypothetical amount) per shot in additional government spending. Being part of the 99.9%+ that gets past it naturally is not an excuse.

Not arguing about the shots... but where do you get that number?

That less than 0.1% of the cases are serious and require hospitalization (let alone emergency room) care to treat? That you just get over it naturally?

What I see is that 2.5 times that percentage of the ENTIRE population of the US has already been hospitalized for COVID and we've got maybe 5-10 times that to go... we are rapidly approaching 1 in 1000 (your 0.1%) of population DEAD from COVID.

I don't think spending an average of 12 days in hospital for COVID qualifies as "gets past it naturally".

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Well that was a stupid waste of time and a waste of $25. I tested negative but it’s only good for the last three months. I think I had this back in February.

They didn’t tell me it only went back three months until afterwards!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yahoo news this week (cant find the article right now) was saying that Biden's team was thinking of 2 ways of going with the vaccine.

1. Making it a national requirement that everyone get it.
    2. Pushing it on to the states to decided but requiring some type of proof if to enter federal spaces (ie parks, buildings, etc)
    Aka "show me your papers please"

What do you guys think of these appeoaches?
    I dont like either of them.

I doubt any of this will be needed - demand will outstrip supply for quite some time.

I know I'll be in line; call me a dumb a sheep if you must.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

That less than 0.1% of the cases are serious and require hospitalization (let alone emergency room) care to treat? That you just get over it naturally?

What I see is that 2.5 times that percentage of the ENTIRE population of the US has already been hospitalized for COVID and we've got maybe 5-10 times that to go... we are rapidly approaching 1 in 1000 (your 0.1%) of population DEAD from COVID.

I don't think spending an average of 12 days in hospital for COVID qualifies as "gets past it naturally".

You are correct. I should have said 99%+. Given it's history and trajectory, we will not get to 1% hospitalization. My larger point was about government/businesses requiring the proof of vaccination regardless of disease status.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well that was a stupid waste of time and a waste of $25. I tested negative but it’s only good for the last three months. I think I had this back in February.

Wait.

Can you elaborate?

(This probably sounds more confrontational than I intend it.)

Are you saying you got the antibody test and they said that the antibodies only stay for 3 months?

I guess the question becomes whether the test is attenuated enough to detect a level of antibodies that still might be enough for the immune system to fight this off, but not enough to register positive in this specific test.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    You are correct. I should have said 99%+. Given it's history and trajectory, we will not get to 1% hospitalization. My larger point was about government/businesses requiring the proof of vaccination regardless of disease status.

Yeah, I think somewhere around 1% might be the over/under, so 99% is fair, IMO. :)

And, I agree that forcing the vaccine on someone who has already had COVID is stupid on two levels, well, three because of the "forced" part, but the other two:

1. It's a bad prioritization of a currently scarce resource, and

2. How thoroughly have the vaccines been tested on those with the antibodies? They really need to rule out something like the Denge/Hemoragic Fever vaccine issue first before going that route. As flakey as this disease is with mild to severe manifestations, the ways it hides from the immune system and how it invades organs, they really need to rule out that the vaccine won't cause severe cases for people with certain levels of existing antibodies like the Denge vaccine did.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

I don't think they know how far back it goes and are just covering their butts. It may go back further, heck it may go back years, and it also may be a variable in individuals.
    Like most of the tests, they don't want to read too much into it until more is known.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yeah, I think somewhere around 1% might be the over/under, so 99% is fair, IMO. :)

And, I agree that forcing the vaccine on someone who has already had COVID is stupid on two levels, well, three because of the "forced" part, but the other two:

1. It's a bad prioritization of a currently scarce resource, and

2. How thoroughly have the vaccines been tested on those with the antibodies? They really need to rule out something like the Denge/Hemoragic Fever vaccine issue first before going that route. As flakey as this disease is with mild to severe manifestations, the ways it hides from the immune system and how it invades organs, they really need to rule out that the vaccine won't cause severe cases for people with certain levels of existing antibodies like the Denge vaccine did.

why? China used the CVirus as a way to reduce its population. The world did not follow its lead. So on to round 2. If CVirus wont kill you, then perhaps the vaccine will in a few years time. ;)

(In attorney commercial voice, in the year 2030)
    Were you or your loved one administered the C-virus vaccine back in 2020?
    Call us now, you may be entitled to compensation, blah, blag, blah...

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    why? China used the CVirus as a way to reduce its population. The world did not follow its lead. So on to round 2. If CVirus wont kill you, then perhaps the vaccine will in a few years time. ;)

(In attorney commercial voice, in the year 2030)
    Were you or your loved one administered the C-virus vaccine back in 2020?
    Call us now, you may be entitled to compensation, blah, blag, blah...

Why? Because of all those unused ventilators that need to be capitalized. :):

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

That seems a bit dramatic, if you look at the CDC stats there are only about 243 per 100000 hospitalizations and many of those are older adults with more than one comorbid condition. We have a pretty good CFR right now of about 2% which is better than many countries and our crude mortality is at about 90 per 100000, keep in mind that heart disease and cancer are at about 200 per 100000.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

And the man standing up gets smacked for not staying in line for tyrannical mother ****ing sons of *****es...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/auton...utm_term=ACTIVE LIST - TheBlaze Breaking News

An interesting excerpt....

"This order simply says that they need to cease and desist," Lanza announced to a crowd of supporters. "Nowhere here is there an arrest warrant and nowhere here is anything about arresting anyone on their private property."
    "So I'll ask, [and] you don't have to answer ... why was he arrested?" he said to the officers nearby. "I was told you would tell me why he was arrested and now I'm asking for that answer."

Place smells a bit more like the USSR with each passing day.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    IMO, it's pretty clear that Indiana new cases peaked around Nov 18-20 and have declined since. That is shown in both the 7-day average line and that all daily reports are below that line showing a clear downward trend.

A somewhat countervailing metric is the one related to hospitalizations. Those continued to increase after 11/18, and appear to still be increasing. Granted, that is a bit of a lagging indicator - people will typically test positive either before they are hospitalized or upon hospitalization.

But to me there's something that needs to be explained as positives decrease, but hospitalizations are relatively static or increase. Maybe its just a fluke or an oddity of how the cases are being handled. Maybe.

Also, the deaths from those positive tests will also lag. It'll be interesting to see where those numbers net out in the next week or so.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A somewhat countervailing metric is the one related to hospitalizations. Those continued to increase after 11/18, and appear to still be increasing. Granted, that is a bit of a lagging indicator - people will typically test positive either before they are hospitalized or upon hospitalization.

But to me there's something that needs to be explained as positives decrease, but hospitalizations are relatively static or increase. Maybe its just a fluke or an oddity of how the cases are being handled. Maybe.

Also, the deaths from those positive tests will also lag. It'll be interesting to see where those numbers net out in the next week or so.

Hospitalizations lag positives and deaths lag hospitalizations.

However, the criteria for hospitalization has somewhat changed over time in that now that there is more known about treatments, more people are hospitalized than previously when they, essentially, told everyone to stay home until it was nearly :bring out your dead: time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom